ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form - NEW

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gee4
Nigeria

Re: Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form - NEW

Post by gee4 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:16 am

lolwe wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:43 am
gee4 wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:35 pm
Greatgreat wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:48 am
gee4 wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:02 am
Hi
I have made an appeal to the court, Can I ask if I can apply for AR also. Thanks
@gee4, if I'm not mistaken, you can't apply for AR. It's either you have right of appeal or not. And in later case you could so AR.
Others will come along to advise on it soon.
I was give rights to both. I have made and appeal and also request an AR
You CAN NOT be a Zambrano carer and a person with a derivative right to reside for the purposes of the EU Settlement Scheme

The rules are laid out here:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... ppendix-eu

Moreover, you would not have to go to court if the Home Office agreed with you.

See Annex 1 - Definitions
  • person with a Zambrano right to reside
  • person with a derivative right to reside
I am confused. Are you saying I’m not eligible to apply for EUSS

lolwe
inactive
Zimbabwe

Post by lolwe » Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:18 am

gee4 wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:16 am
lolwe wrote:
gee4 wrote:
Greatgreat wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:48 am

@gee4, if I'm not mistaken, you can't apply for AR. It's either you have right of appeal or not. And in later case you could so AR.
Others will come along to advise on it soon.
You CAN NOT be a Zambrano carer and a person with a derivative right to reside for the purposes of the EU Settlement Scheme

Steps

1.) Under what category did you apply to EUSS?
2.) Do you meet the requirements for that category?
3.) If you do meet the requirements, the Home Office has made a mistake. They should correct their error during the Administrative Review. If they don't correct their error, the judge can tell them to give you leave to remain.
4.) If you do not meet the requirements, you can ask the Home Office to grant you settlement anyway. That is called leave outside the rules.
5.) You may want to reapply to EUSS under another category if your category has changed.

Possible categories for you to apply for settlement under EUSS, based on the information you have provided:
  • family member who has retained the right of residence
  • family member of a relevant EEA citizen
Let's say you applied as the family member of a relevant EEA citizen. If you meet the definition in Appendix EU of a family member of a relevant EEA citizen, and the rules apply to you, they must give you settlement.

If your circumstances changed, and you are now a family member who has retained the right of residence, you may want to tell the Home Office when you apply for AR or just apply to the EUSS again under the new category.

What matters is what category you apply under and whether or not you meet the requirements for that category.

The Home Office appear to only tell Zambrano carers to apply for leave to remain under Appendix FM. It is wrong.

gee4
Nigeria

Post by gee4 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:27 am

lolwe wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:18 am
gee4 wrote:
lolwe wrote:
gee4 wrote:

Steps

3.) If you do meet the requirements, the Home Office has made a mistake. They should correct their error during the Administrative Review. If they don't correct their error, the judge can tell them to give you leave to remain.
4.) If you do not meet the requirements, you can ask the Home Office to grant you settlement anyway. That is called leave outside the rules.
5.) You may want to reapply to EUSS under another category if your category has changed.

Possible categories for you to apply for settlement under EUSS, based on the information you have provided:
Let's say you applied as the family member of a relevant EEA citizen. If you meet the definition in Appendix EU of a family member of a relevant EEA citizen, and the rules apply to you, they must give you settlement.

If your circumstances changed, and you are now a family member who has retained the right of residence, you may want to tell the Home Office when you apply for AR or just apply to the EUSS again under the new category.

What matters is what category you apply under and whether or not you meet the requirements for that category.

The Home Office appear to only tell Zambrano carers to apply for leave to remain under Appendix FM. It is wrong.
Oh now I understand and thank you so much. Apparently I previously applied based on my marriage to EEA which we’re no longer together but still married, the application was refused. But now I have applied through zambrano route based on my British national son but the application was refused again because I hadn’t made any application through the Appendix FM. I’m really exhausted with HO, I have made an AR and appealed to FtT initially I have done all these by myself because I cannot afford a solicitor. I hope I did the right thing

lolwe
inactive
Zimbabwe

Post by lolwe » Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:48 am

gee4 wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:27 am
lolwe wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:18 am
gee4 wrote:
lolwe wrote:

Steps

Oh now I understand and thank you so much. Apparently I previously applied based on my marriage to EEA which we’re no longer together but still married, the application was refused. But now I have applied through zambrano route based on my British national son but the application was refused again because I hadn’t made any application through the Appendix FM. I’m really exhausted with HO, I have made an AR and appealed to FtT initially I have done all these by myself because I cannot afford a solicitor. I hope I did the right thing
To be honest, I think you probably did the wrong thing. Zambrano is probably the worst category. No other group of people is treated so badly.

I could be wrong, but I think you could have reapplied as a family member who has retained the right of residence

Ngoo
Nigeria

Post by Ngoo » Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:51 pm

Hello everyone!

I am so happy to let you all know that my DFR1 appeal has been allowed.

Timeline:

DFR1 application- 13th of January 2020

Refused- 8th of February 2020

Submitted the appeal- 9th of April 2020

Appeal Allowed - 10th of November 2020

I give God almighty all the glory May his name be glorified forever and ever Amen.

I want to thank Snooky for all his support without him the appeal wouldn’t have been possible. The Judge did state that the skeletal argument was the most helpful documents presented for the appeal. May God almighty bless you and your family beyond your expectations and you will never ever lack nor fail in Jesus Mighty Name Amen.

I also want to say a massive thank you to Mubashir for all the support. May God almighty continue to bless you and your family in Jesus name Amen.

Thank you everyone for all the encouragements. For those of us still waiting for their DFR1 appeal I pray that you will receive the good news very soon. Best of luck.

IST
Uruguay

Post by IST » Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:03 pm

Ngoo wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:51 pm
Hello everyone!

Timeline:

I give God almighty all the glory May his name be glorified forever and ever Amen.

I want to thank Snooky for all his support without him the appeal wouldn’t have been possible. The Judge did state that the skeletal argument was the most helpful documents presented for the appeal. May God almighty bless you and your family beyond your expectations and you will never ever lack nor fail in Jesus Mighty Name Amen.

I also want to say a massive thank you to Mubashir for all the support. May God almighty continue to bless you and your family in Jesus name Amen.

Thank you everyone for all the encouragements. For those of us still waiting for their DFR1 appeal I pray that you will receive the good news very soon. Best of luck.
Congratulations and enjoy the freedom

lolwe
inactive
Zimbabwe

Post by lolwe » Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:19 pm

Ngoo wrote:
Hello everyone!

Timeline:

Hi Ngoo,

Congratulations on your win in court today. If I may ask,
  • What was the refusal reason given by the Home Office?
  • Did you submit your appeal to the First Tier Tribunal or Upper Tribunal?
  • Briefly, on what basis did you challenge their refusal (grounds)?
  • Have you ever submitted an application as a Zambrano carer?

Ngoo
Nigeria

Post by Ngoo » Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:22 pm

IST wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:03 pm
Ngoo wrote:
Hello everyone!

Timeline:

@1ST , thank you.

Ngoo
Nigeria

Post by Ngoo » Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:35 pm

lolwe wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:19 pm
Ngoo wrote:
Hello everyone!

Timeline:

Hi Ngoo,

@ lolwe thanks. The reason for refusal ‘My circumstance hasn’t changed since I was granted LTR under 10 years route so for that I should stick to LTR as is the best option for me.

Yes my appeal was submitted at the First Tier Tribunal

On the basis of a parent of British Citizen

Yes, I submitted application as Zambrano Carer was refused on the 8th of September, I have put in Administrative Review more than a month ago, waiting for the outcome.

lolwe
inactive
Zimbabwe

Post by lolwe » Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:55 pm

Ngoo wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:35 pm
lolwe wrote:
Ngoo wrote:
Hello everyone!

Timeline:

Hi Ngoo,

@ lolwe thanks. The reason for refusal ‘My circumstance hasn’t changed since I was granted LTR under 10 years route so for that I should stick to LTR as is the best option for me.

Yes, I submitted application as Zambrano Carer was refused on the 8th of September, I have put in Administrative Review more than a month ago, waiting for the outcome.
Hi Ngoo,

Did the judge grant you permission to continue with your court case, or, did the judge say that you should be granted settlement?

When does your current leave to remain expire?

Is your partner/spouse/ex a European citizen? Is your partner British?

According to Appendix EU, a person with a derivative right to reside can not satisfy the criteria in paragraph (5) of regulation 16(1) of the EEA Regulations,.

However, a Zambrano carer satisfies the criteria in paragraph (5) of regulation 16(1) of the EEA Regulations. Therefore, a Zambrano carer can not be a person with a derivative right to reside.

Also, according to Appendix EU, a Zambrano carer with leave to enter or remain in the UK granted under Appendix FM (or similar) can not qualify for settlement under EUSS.

Ngoo
Nigeria

Post by Ngoo » Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:51 pm

lolwe wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:55 pm
Ngoo wrote:
lolwe wrote:
Ngoo wrote:
Hello everyone!

Timeline:

Hi Ngoo,

Hi Ngoo,

Did the judge grant you permission to continue with your court case, or, did the judge say that you should be granted settlement? Answer- I had a paper appeal over a month ago and I got the decision today.

When does your current leave to remain expire? - My LTR expired January 2020

Is your partner/spouse/ex a European citizen? Is your partner British? - No

According to Appendix EU, a person with a derivative right to reside can not satisfy the criteria in paragraph (5) of regulation 16(1) of the EEA Regulations,.—- I don’t know

However, a Zambrano carer satisfies the criteria in paragraph (5) of regulation 16(1) of the EEA Regulations. Therefore, a Zambrano carer can not be a person with a derivative right to reside. —— I Don’t know

Also, according to Appendix EU, a Zambrano carer with leave to enter or remain in the UK granted under Appendix FM (or similar) can not qualify for settlement under EUSS.——-No idea

lolwe
inactive
Zimbabwe

Post by lolwe » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:10 pm

Hi Ngoo,

Thank you for the clarification.

Can you tell us the strongest point in your skeleton argument?

Zambrano carers with leave to remain should allow their current leave to remain to expire - and then apply for settlement under EUSS - before June 2021 (apparently).

If the Home Office refuses the EU settlement application, the Zambrano carer should appeal to the Court.

Based on your experience, the Court will likely rule in favour of the Zambrano carer.

The Home Office can not force Zambrano carers to extend their leave to remain.

According to Appendix EU, the Home Office can refuse Zambrano carers with leave to remain under Appendix FM.

I still don't see why applying as a person with a derivative right to reside would be better than applying for EUSS as a Zambrano carer, especially when if someone is a Zambrano carer.

Again, thanks and congrats.

Ngoo wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:51 pm
lolwe wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:55 pm
Ngoo wrote:
lolwe wrote:

Hi Ngoo,

Hi Ngoo,

Did the judge grant you permission to continue with your court case, or, did the judge say that you should be granted settlement? Answer- I had a paper appeal over a month ago and I got the decision today.

When does your current leave to remain expire? - My LTR expired January 2020

Is your partner/spouse/ex a European citizen? Is your partner British? - No

According to Appendix EU, a person with a derivative right to reside can not satisfy the criteria in paragraph (5) of regulation 16(1) of the EEA Regulations,.—- I don’t know

However, a Zambrano carer satisfies the criteria in paragraph (5) of regulation 16(1) of the EEA Regulations. Therefore, a Zambrano carer can not be a person with a derivative right to reside. —— I Don’t know

Also, according to Appendix EU, a Zambrano carer with leave to enter or remain in the UK granted under Appendix FM (or similar) can not qualify for settlement under EUSS.——-No idea

ojoke2020
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by ojoke2020 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:17 pm

Ngoo wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:22 pm
IST wrote:
Ngoo wrote:
Hello everyone!

Timeline:

@1ST , thank you.
@Ngoo congratulations to you. I also join Ngoo to say a big thanks to Snooky and all destiny helpers on this platform, may God bless you all.

Ngoo
Nigeria

Post by Ngoo » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:23 pm

ojoke2020 wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:17 pm
Ngoo wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:22 pm
IST wrote:
Ngoo wrote:
Hello everyone!

Timeline:

@1ST , thank you.
@Ngoo congratulations to you. I also join Ngoo to say a big thanks to Snooky and all destiny helpers on this platform, may God bless you all.

@ojoke2020, thank you.

Greatgreat
Scotland

Post by Greatgreat » Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:11 am

Ngoo wrote:
Hello everyone!

Timeline:

Congratulations congratulations. Enjoy your freedom. I'm sure your euss will be allowed too given this success. So happy for you. This is hope for us refused bunch here. Congrats again ngoo

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:19 am

Ngoo wrote:
Hello everyone!

Timeline:

Ngoo, OH MY GOD, WOWWWWW, CONGRATULATIONS, GOD IS REALLY FAITHFUL. Home Office will no longer have any excuse to refuse your EU Settlement Scheme application. I am really happy for you.

Rewind, few months ago, fast forward, now. You see, EVERY PROBLEM HAS AN EXPIRY DATE.
CHRISTMAS here Ngoo comes!!!.

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:28 am

gee4 wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:33 pm
lolwe wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:11 pm
gee4 wrote:
Hi
I have made an appeal to the court, Can I ask if I can apply for AR also. Thanks
You MUST apply for administrative review before you go to court. Administrative Review gives the Home Office the chance to correct their mistake.

If your application does not meet the requirements, you will also be refused under AR.

If you are refused after Administrative Review, you can challenge the legality of the rules in the High Court, or you can ask the Home Office to grant you leave outside the rules.

The judge will probably want to see that you asked the Home Office to grant you leave outside the rules. So, write a letter to the Home Office if you don't meet the rules. Ask them to give you leave anyway. Make sure to say why you should be granted leave outside the rules. Get an immigration solicitor to help you.

If the Home Office respond before your court date, make sure you show the judge their response.
Thank you. But I don’t understand what it means to be granted leave outside the rules.
Ho admits that I am a primary carer to my British son. But refused because I have never made an application under the domestic law. I wouldn’t have had to because I was previously married to EU national and was given 5 years. We’re still married legally but in the process of divorce. I have previously applied to Eu settlement scheme based on my marriage but the application was refused. The application i am requesting for AR on is Zambrano application. I am also considering applying for DFR1. Please advise on what to do please
Read Dimiku’s posts and see if you are in a similar situation. I remember reading on one of his/her posts that he/she, is/was in a relationship with an EU citizen and wanted to rely on that relationship, applied for Zambrano but later changed and applied through CHEN and succeeded.

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:30 am

Greatgreat wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:11 am
Ngoo wrote:
Hello everyone!

Timeline:

Congratulations congratulations. Enjoy your freedom. I'm sure your euss will be allowed too given this success. So happy for you. This is hope for us refused bunch here. Congrats again ngoo
Honestly, a very MASSIVE MORALE BOOST.

Greatgreat
Scotland

Post by Greatgreat » Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:05 am

LULUBABY wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:30 am
Greatgreat wrote:
Ngoo wrote:
Hello everyone!

Timeline:

Honestly, a very MASSIVE MORALE BOOST.
Definitely @lulubaby. Especially as my leave expires next month and I've been thinking of going to the credit union for loan. This success gives me the courage to fight to the end!

lolwe
inactive
Zimbabwe

Post by lolwe » Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:26 am

LULUBABY wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:28 am
gee4 wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:33 pm
lolwe wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:11 pm
gee4 wrote:
Hi
You MUST apply for administrative review before you go to court. Administrative Review gives the Home Office the chance to correct their mistake.

If your application does not meet the requirements, you will also be refused under AR.

If you are refused after Administrative Review, you can challenge the legality of the rules in the High Court, or you can ask the Home Office to grant you leave outside the rules.

The judge will probably want to see that you asked the Home Office to grant you leave outside the rules. So, write a letter to the Home Office if you don't meet the rules. Ask them to give you leave anyway. Make sure to say why you should be granted leave outside the rules. Get an immigration solicitor to help you.

If the Home Office respond before your court date, make sure you show the judge their response.
Thank you. But I don’t understand what it means to be granted leave outside the rules.
Ho admits that I am a primary carer to my British son. But refused because I have never made an application under the domestic law. I wouldn’t have had to because I was previously married to EU national and was given 5 years. We’re still married legally but in the process of divorce. I have previously applied to Eu settlement scheme based on my marriage but the application was refused. The application i am requesting for AR on is Zambrano application. I am also considering applying for DFR1. Please advise on what to do please
Read Dimiku’s posts and see if you are in a similar situation. I remember reading on one of his/her posts that he/she, is/was in a relationship with an EU citizen and wanted to rely on that relationship, applied for Zambrano but later changed and applied through CHEN and succeeded.
People who are married to EU citizens (not British) and People who are divorced or separated from EU citizens are covered by the Withdrawal Agreement.

If you have a choice between an EU citizen category versus a derivative category, it is in your best interest to go with an EU citizen category.

I wonder how many Zambrano carers made the same mistake?

The best category to apply under is as an EU citizen.
The next best category is as the family member of an EU citizen.
Then as a ex family member of an EU citizen.
Then as a person with a derivative right to reside.
Finally, as a Zambrano carer.

People should choose their category carefully.

lolwe
inactive
Zimbabwe

Post by lolwe » Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:37 am

Ngoo wrote:
Hello everyone!

Timeline:

A DRF1 application establishes that a person is a Zambrano carer. It is not the same as an EU settlement application.

The judge ruled that you are indeed a Zambrano carer. But freedom of movement is scheduled to end next month, on 31 December 2020.

Your application for settlement under the EU settlement scheme as a Zambrano carer was refused. You are waiting for the Administrative Review.

Did the Home Office refuse your EU settlement scheme application because they want you to apply for leave to remain?

Many Zambrano carers have been refused settlement for
  • having leave to remain, or
  • for not having leave to remain
It would be interesting to see if the First Tier Tribunal says about your case. How long have you been waiting for your Administrative Review decision? You may want to email the administrative review team a copy of the judge's decision. Here is an email address for the Administrative Review team that handles EUSS applications - admin.review.enquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk

Ngoo
Nigeria

Post by Ngoo » Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:02 am

Greatgreat wrote:
Ngoo wrote:
Hello everyone!

Timeline:

@Greatgreat, thank you very much. Yes o never give up. The AR team knew about the appeal hearing on the 6th of October and they were supposed to respond to my AR
on the 13th of October and they emailed me and said they have requested for more information and that they are waiting for the response as soon as they receive the response they will get back to me. If they don’t get the reply they will email me but I haven’t heard from them. I reckon they were waiting for the Judge’s promulgation/ decision. The HO are well informed and they know what is going on. Best of luck.

Ngoo
Nigeria

Post by Ngoo » Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:06 am

Greatgreat wrote:
Ngoo wrote:
Hello everyone!

Timeline:

@Greatgreat, thank you.

lolwe
inactive
Zimbabwe

Post by lolwe » Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:20 am

Ngoo wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:02 am
@Greatgreat, thank you very much. Yes o never give up. The AR team knew about the appeal hearing on the 6th of October and they were supposed to respond to my AR
on the 13th of October and they emailed me and said they have requested for more information and that they are waiting for the response as soon as they receive the response they will get back to me. If they don’t get the reply they will email me but I haven’t heard from them. I reckon they were waiting for the Judge’s promulgation/ decision. The HO are well informed and they know what is going on. Best of luck.
To summarise,

You are a Zambrano carer who used to have leave to remain under Appendix FM. That leave expired in January 2020.

You have a pending application for settlement under Appendix EU as a Zambrano carer. Your application for settlement is currently in the Administrative Review stage with the Home Office.

The Good News: If you are successful in your appeal, then all other Zambrano carers who allow their leave to remain to expire should also be granted settlement under the EU settlement scheme.

(At present, Zambrano carers with leave to remain under Appendix FM are refused settlement under Appendix EU. If you are a Zambrano carer with leave to remain under Appendix FM, it is still possible to ask the Home Office to grant you settlement outside the rules).

Ngoo
Nigeria

Post by Ngoo » Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:33 am

LULUBABY wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:19 am
Ngoo wrote:
Hello everyone!

Timeline:

Ngoo, OH MY GOD, WOWWWWW, CONGRATULATIONS, GOD IS REALLY FAITHFUL. Home Office will no longer have any excuse to refuse your EU Settlement Scheme application. I am really happy for you.

Rewind, few months ago, fast forward, now. You see, EVERY PROBLEM HAS AN EXPIRY DATE.
CHRISTMAS here Ngoo comes!!!.
@LULUBABY, thank you so much for all your support and your word of encouragements. I remember vividly when I was down and you boosted my morale 10times up.
The EU settlement team emailed me on the 13th of October and said they aim to respond to AR application within 28days but on this occasion they have requested for further information regarding the AR and they still waiting for the reply. When I got the email on the 13th of October I had no idea that the appeal was heard on the 6th of October. When I rang the court on the 16th of October to get an update about the appeal they then told me that the appeal was heard on the 6th of October and that they are waiting for the Judge’s decision. Then I added two and two together, I knew why the AR team sent me the email about requesting for further information....... they are well informed.