ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR & Salary

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gsp
Newly Registered
India

ILR (LR) Reg

Post by gsp » Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:57 pm

Hi All,

I am eligible for ILR via long residence (10 year) soon and wondering whether being in furlough will affect my ILR application. I am on T2-G visa currently but completing 10 year lawful residence meeting all the requirements for LR (absence limit, LIUK, English).

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: ILR (LR) Reg

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:07 pm

ILR LR is based on 10 years lawful residence not income.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR (LR) Reg

Post by ajitu92 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:52 pm

As @CULLINAN said above, Set LR is only based on 10 years continuous lawful residence. Your employment status, salary, marital status etc. does not matter as long as you meet all the requirements (absence limits, immigration and criminal history etc.)
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

gsp
Newly Registered
India

PAYE tax and ILR

Post by gsp » Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:36 pm

Hi Members,

When I moved job my old employer took time to issue P45 which I have forwarded to my new employer however that was not taken into account for tax calculations for that year. After a year I got a message from HMRC that I have paid less tax and said no action required from my side and this will be recovered in the next financial year through PAYE, which is now paid. Will this have any bearing when I apply for ILR as I heard lot of stories about tax issues causing rejection with HO?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: PAYE tax and ILR

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:49 pm

No issue.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

gsp
Newly Registered
India

Post by gsp » Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:28 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:07 pm
ILR LR is based on 10 years lawful residence not income.
CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:49 pm
No issue.
Thanks CULLINAN

gsp
Newly Registered
India

Post by gsp » Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:28 pm

ajitu92 wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:52 pm
As @CULLINAN said above, Set LR is only based on 10 years continuous lawful residence. Your employment status, salary, marital status etc. does not matter as long as you meet all the requirements (absence limits, immigration and criminal history etc.)
Thanks ajitu92

gsp
Newly Registered
India

ILR & Salary

Post by gsp » Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:04 am

Hi All,

I'm on T2(G) visa which I had extended in April 2019 and at that time my salary was meeting the requirements of the SOC code, however now I can see that the salary for my SOC code has been increased (I believe it was changed in Oct 2019 but not sure) which means my salary now falls below the requirment of the SOC code. I'm due for ILR in few months and my questions is

1) Can my employer increase the salary now to meet the requirements of the SOC code or should the salary have been increased immediately when the change came into effect (Oct 2019)?

2) I'm eligible for ILR on LR route also. Does having a salary (without any increase by employer to meet the requirement) less than the requirement of SOC code have an impact on my ILR (LR), though it was meeting the requirement at the time of extension? Does this fall foul of breaching the visa condition or something?

Appreciate your help.

gsp
Newly Registered
India

Re: ILR & Salary

Post by gsp » Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:23 am

gsp wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:04 am
Hi All,

I'm on T2(G) visa which I had extended in April 2019 and at that time my salary was meeting the requirements of the SOC code, however now I can see that the salary for my SOC code has been increased (I believe it was changed in Oct 2019 but not sure) which means my salary now falls below the requirment of the SOC code. I'm due for ILR in few months and my questions is

1) Can my employer increase the salary now to meet the requirements of the SOC code or should the salary have been increased immediately when the change came into effect (Oct 2019)?

2) I'm eligible for ILR on LR route also. Does having a salary (without any increase by employer to meet the requirement) less than the requirement of SOC code have an impact on my ILR (LR), though it was meeting the requirement at the time of extension? Does this fall foul of breaching the visa condition or something?

Appreciate your help.
Can anyone advise on this please?

gsp
Newly Registered
India

ILR Set(O) queries

Post by gsp » Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:01 pm

Hi all,

I have few questions the set(o) form as follows if anyone can advise.

1) Do you have a degree taught in English? I say 'Yes' (my degree was taught in English but in a non-majority english speaking country)

2) Does your degree meet the english language requirement for this visa? - I have a naric AQUALS & ELPS cert to prove the requirement - should i say yes considering that I have naric cert to support or no?

2a) If I say 'yes' to above, it asks what will you use to prove your degree taught in English? - The options are a) Degree cert & b) Official trancript or letter - I have a degree cert but doesn't ask about naric cert?

2b) If I say no to above, it asks whether I have taken any english language test but doesn't ask if I have a naric cert?

3) Have you previously lived in a country outside UK including your country of birth? I say 'yes' and put down the date from when I was born till I came to UK. However before coming to UK, I have made work related short trips 3 months & 1 month to other countries. Do I need to mention those as well?

Appreciate your help.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:24 pm

I think the online form will ask the country where the degree was obtained. It will generate NARIC in the checklist accordingly. Upload the evidence with your documents.

2)a Yes

3) Yes if you went there for the purpose of work and live long term. Does not really matter to mention if they were short assignments abroad but you lived in your home country then.

gsp
Newly Registered
India

Post by gsp » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:59 pm

Thanks CULLINAN, yes the online form asks for the country where the degree was obtained.

Went to few countries on temporary work assignments ranging from 1 week to 3 months each time, so not sure if this constitute living in another country especially when I stayed for 3 months on one trip.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:46 pm

No. You were living in your home country. They were just temporary assignments abroad. Leave them. This question is not important anyways.

gsp
Newly Registered
India

VAF number

Post by gsp » Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:05 pm

Hi All,

Does anyone know what is the VAF number that is being asked in SET (O) form?
The example says it is found on the visa but threre is no visa stamping but only BRP in my case. The BRP number is being provided in another section, so this might be referring to some other number but not sure where to find it?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:07 pm

If known question. N/A. Leave it blank.

gsp
Newly Registered
India

Documents scanning

Post by gsp » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:03 pm

Thanks CULLINAN.

also, is it compulsory to scan the documents only in 'greyscale' or is it ok to do it colour if each document size is less than 6mb. I ask this because some of the documents like bank statement are downloaded online which is in color but the UKVAS guidelines says 'not' to scan in colour?

gsp
Newly Registered
India

Post by gsp » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:21 pm

additionally, the checklist asks for all previous passorts that I have used to travel to or remain in the UK. Does this relate to the qualifying period of 5 years for which I have used two passports or even the previous passort that I used to travel to UK but that was more than 10 years ago which is not what I'm basing my qualifying period on?

thanks in advance.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:31 pm

1) Colour is fine. I have always submitted colour for my applications and they look better.

2) 5 years qualifying period.

PS Are you applying on LR basis? If that is the case then you need passport(s) for 10 years.

gsp
Newly Registered
India

Set (o) dependant

Post by gsp » Mon May 03, 2021 7:00 pm

Hi all,

I'm applying for my partner as T2 dependent and have the following questions.

1) Is form set (o) the correnct one?

2) for the question 'Have you had any absences from the UK during any leave granted since 11 January 2018?', my partner had a leave granted in Apr' 2019 but we went out of UK in Feb' 2018. Should I say no as absense was not during the leave granted (i.e. since Apr' 2019) or should I say yes and list the details?

Thanks in advance.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon May 03, 2021 7:09 pm

Given your thread, it is not clear if it belongs to yourself or the main applicant.

How did the main applicant get ILR? Via Tier 2 or Long Residence?

gsp
Newly Registered
India

Post by gsp » Mon May 03, 2021 7:12 pm

Hi CULLINAN,

I'm the main applicant and got ILR via T2 route and now applying for my spouse.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon May 03, 2021 7:14 pm

gsp wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 7:12 pm
Hi CULLINAN,

I'm the main applicant and got ILR via T2 route and now applying for my spouse.
You started the thread as Long Residence so its confusing.

In the case you mentioned now, your dependent will apply on SET(O).

Second question: Answer will be NO. List absences only after April 2019 if any.

gsp
Newly Registered
India

Post by gsp » Mon May 03, 2021 7:19 pm

Thanks CULLINAN,

sorry, yes I had both options (LR & T2) but ended up applying on T2.

gsp
Newly Registered
India

Co-hab docs

Post by gsp » Tue May 25, 2021 8:08 pm

Hi All,

Reg the co-habitation documents, can it be clubbed together in one file for both of us or should it be kept separately (i.e named separately for me and my spouse). Also does the first page of a document (say bank statement) is sufficient or should we upload all the pages?

TIA.

PS: I've changed the subject to reflect this query but it goes back to the orignial one everytime.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue May 25, 2021 8:27 pm

Main applicant does not need any cohabitation documents. Only the dependent needs it. Best to keep it organised, ideally in 1 PDF file in date order etc as long the file size is less than 6MB. I believe the bank statement page showing the name and address should suffice.

It is totally up to you how you want to present your case. Make it organised and easy for the CW though.