ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mktsoi
Member of Standing

Re: "Application for a certificate of naturalisation ap

Post by mktsoi » Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:33 am

injasuti wrote:Applied in July 2005. Next available civil court sitting is the 19th of Nov when I am required to "declare my fidelity to the nation and loyalty to the state" - and pay my €950. What a relief! After eight years in limbo I can at last make new plans and boldly go forward!
Hi Injasuti

I got a question. Are you just like many people in this forum, the INIS asked you for extra documents after you submitted you application and before few months they processed it???

thx

injasuti
Newly Registered

Additional documentation - my experience

Post by injasuti » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:03 am

... all that was sought was a marriage affidavit. No refresh of bank statements, P60s, etc were required.

mktsoi
Member of Standing

Re: Additional documentation - my experience

Post by mktsoi » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:08 am

injasuti wrote:... all that was sought was a marriage affidavit. No refresh of bank statements, P60s, etc were required.
were you married before you applied or you married after you applied????what does the marriage afficavit does? sorry to be nosiey, if you dont mind i asked such as a personal question, all i want is just want understand more about the application procedures.

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:37 pm

@mktsoi: I think that they are asking for marriage affidavit from anyone who is not married here in Ireland.

i was married at the time of application and I had been asked to submit one. The main reason I think is because the marriage certs of other countries are not in a format acceptable to DoJ.
I applied in Nov 2005, got letter asking for birth and marriage affidavits in May 2008, not heard anything from DoJ after that.

HariOm
Newly Registered

Post by HariOm » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:34 pm

Ditto Strongbow.
I also applied in Nov 05 , submitted affidavits(both birth and marriage) in June 08. Called them last week and was told to wait for next 8-10 weeks.

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:31 am

@HariOm thanks for sharing the info.

last man standing
Newly Registered

another new user

Post by last man standing » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:18 pm

just want to share . i applied in june 05 . they asked for birth affidevit in august 08 which i send three weeks ago . now they have asked for bank statement which i sent last week and got an acknowledgement .
applied on the basis of working and living in ireland for 5 years
cheers

Novante
Newly Registered

Post by Novante » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:28 pm

Here is an update about the naturalisation processing workflow and time frame :

Applied for irish naturalisation based on 5 year residence in the state in early February 2006, with complete documentation pack as specified in the application form. Received request for following documents in early September 2008 :

- copy of my P21 for last year (2007)
- copies of my 3 most recent payslips
- copies of my bank statement(s) covering the last 3 months

Question for anyone who got there before : how long between the time you sent these additional documents back, and the moment your were notified of your application acceptation ?

Thanks

HariOm
Newly Registered

Post by HariOm » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:58 pm

I applied in Nov05 and was never asked for new P21/60/pay-slips/bank-statements etc. Looks like they are processing some applications differently..

Strongbow, have you been asked for new docs apart from affidavits?

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:57 am

@HariOm
I haven't received any requests for additional documentation other than the birth and marriage cert affidavits. I had submitted all P60s, P21s and a bank statement at the time of application, so fingers crossed. Yes you are right, I think that they are processing different applications in different ways!

EBS

Post by EBS » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:05 am

Novante wrote:Here is an update about the naturalisation processing workflow and time frame :

Applied for irish naturalisation based on 5 year residence in the state in early February 2006, with complete documentation pack as specified in the application form. Received request for following documents in early September 2008 :

Question for anyone who got there before : how long between the time you sent these additional documents back, and the moment your were notified of your application acceptation ?

Thanks

I was asked the same, have applied in the Mid March 06, in addition they asked me to submit DSW statement for the last 5 yrs. Have not sent anything yet, I wonder how long it might take for them to finalise the process. And how they take maternity benefit and disability benefit when you off sick at work, is it allowable for citizenship purposes?

mktsoi
Member of Standing

Post by mktsoi » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:55 am

EBS wrote:
Novante wrote:Here is an update about the naturalisation processing workflow and time frame :

Thanks

I was asked the same, have applied in the Mid March 06, in addition they asked me to submit DSW statement for the last 5 yrs. Have not sent anything yet, I wonder how long it might take for them to finalise the process. And how they take maternity benefit and disability benefit when you off sick at work, is it allowable for citizenship purposes?
just wondering. whats DSW statement?

EBS

Post by EBS » Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:59 pm

just wondering. whats DSW statement?[/quote]

Department of Social Welfare

mktsoi
Member of Standing

Post by mktsoi » Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:03 pm

EBS wrote:just wondering. whats DSW statement?

Department of Social Welfare[/quote]

is this the P60??? P21? if not, how can I get one? the DSW statement is not listed in the oficial application form, is it?

EBS

Post by EBS » Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:55 pm

No, P60 and P21 are Revenue Forms, confirming your employment and payment of taxes. Dept of Social Welfaire is to confirm payments made by the government for social needs, as sick leave, maternity leave, unemployment subs.....

mktsoi
Member of Standing

Post by mktsoi » Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:05 pm

EBS wrote:No, P60 and P21 are Revenue Forms, confirming your employment and payment of taxes. Dept of Social Welfaire is to confirm payments made by the government for social needs, as sick leave, maternity leave, unemployment subs.....
but how can i get one? is there any electronic service from dept social welfare for this?

EBS

Post by EBS » Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:29 pm

mktsoi wrote:
EBS wrote:No, P60 and P21 are Revenue Forms, confirming your employment and payment of taxes. Dept of Social Welfaire is to confirm payments made by the government for social needs, as sick leave, maternity leave, unemployment subs.....
but how can i get one? is there any electronic service from dept social welfare for this?
You dont need one if you havent been asked for

HariOm
Newly Registered

Post by HariOm » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:54 pm

Pretty sure that DOJ does check with Social Welfare dept themselves and if they find out that you are claiming some benefits(apart from child/maternity) than they might contact you for confirmation.In short if you are not claiming any state benefits than you are not required to provide dsw statements.
Also P60 does contain your social benefits details.

babar asif
Newly Registered

Post by babar asif » Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:38 am

Hi all,
Any body applied for Naturalisation in April or May 2005 ? :?:

EBS

Post by EBS » Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:20 pm

babar asif wrote:Hi all,
Any body applied for Naturalisation in April or May 2005 ? :?:
What basis did you apply on?

bloody foreigner

Post by bloody foreigner » Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:45 pm

This is what's possible with competent staff:

[url]http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=5575[/url]

Remember that they handle many times more applications than INIS!

It's something for us to hope for and dream about and something for INIS to invent excuses about.

Enough ranting now.

seldam
Newly Registered

Post by seldam » Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:58 pm

I also applied for irish naturalisation based on 5 year residence (work permit) in March 2006. I recently also got a letter requesting for following documents in :

Those that wre sent the same letter requesting further documentation.....have you got any further replies?

Fionn

Post by Fionn » Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:03 pm

Applications from April 2006 are now being processed. This was updated today. See INIS website

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Co ... %20Section

bloody foreigner

Post by bloody foreigner » Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:23 pm

It is just under a month since they posted "... February 2006 ...".

The optimists would say that means they have processed 2 months worth of applications in the last month, ie. they have caught up by one month!

Fionn

Post by Fionn » Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:27 pm

As you said "the optimists would say.."
The pissimists would say that they're just lying..
Now it up to you to pick if you piss- :roll: or optimist

I've been try to call them in the last few weeks but noone is answering..I'd say they're just putting the head down and working..May be th threat of loosing their jobs (3% have to be saved in every dep in the public sector) is pushing them to finally do some work.. I don't really mind..