ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation ap clarifications

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

blackswanldn
Newly Registered
United States of America

Naturalisation ap clarifications

Post by blackswanldn » Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:36 pm

I am applying on ILR/5 year route. a few questions as I went through the applications:
1. Marriage - is this any marriage ever or only w/in UK? I was married and divorced before I came to UK.
2. Other immigration applications: I am including - a) first Tier 2 Visa; b) Tier 2 renewal; c) ILR
3. For 5 years of residency, I did not have an address of residence for 1 month as I was away on holiday between homes. Will this period raise any flags?
4. I have 2 USA passports - second one was for business trips while I was waiting on my Tier 2 renewal. There's no where to list this. Should I still take the second one to my bio-metrics appointment? I can't remember if they wanted it for ILR.
5. Is Social Security (USA) card considered a national identity card?
6. I realised I didn't include a period of 2 weeks away on my ILR application which they didn't catch. I am going to include it on my naturalisation ap.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Naturalisation ap clarifications

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:03 pm

You seem to not understand the Naturalisation rules very well. AN is not an immigration application so do not compare it with ILR. AN falls under the Nationality laws and has its own rules and guidance. I would urge you to go through the guidance first and come back with any questions you have then:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... uly_20.pdf

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... gov-uk.pdf
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.