ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 to ILR route letter of absences (exceeding 30 days for 1 absence)

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

princessb
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Tier 2 to ILR route letter of absences (exceeding 30 days for 1 absence)

Post by princessb » Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:00 pm

Hi

I hope you can help me with this. I have a query regarding the letter of absences document required for the ILR (Tier 2) application. I would just like to clarify if I'd need a cover letter to explain an absence exceeding more than 30 days? For example, my total days of continuous absence from the 7th March 2020 - 28th April 2020 is 52 days but this was because I got stuck in my home country due to Covid therefore my (supposedly) 2-week annual leave/holiday got extended until I was able to get a flight back to the UK. Do I need to include this in a cover letter to explain my circumstance?

Thank you!

Faqasim
Jordan

Re: Tier 2 to ILR route letter of absences (exceeding 30 days for 1 absence)

Post by Faqasim » Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:55 pm

Please refer to the immigration rules 245HH Specified documents (B), and I am quoting:
"
B. A letter from the employer detailing the purpose and period of absences in connection with the employment, including periods of annual leave. Where the absence was due to a serious or compelling reason, a personal letter from the applicant which includes full details of the reason for the absences and all supporting documents in relation to those reasons - e.g. medical certificates, birth/death certificates, information about the reasons which led to the absence from the UK.
"

You can also refer to the "Indefinite leave to remain: calculating continuous period in UK" document and check page 11 "Allowable Absences":
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... gov-uk.pdf

Best of luck !

princessb
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 2 to ILR route letter of absences (exceeding 30 days for 1 absence)

Post by princessb » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:18 pm

Hi Faqasim

Thanks for replying. I will include a cover letter to explain this absence. Thanks again!