ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 application help needed

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gabidzas
England

MN1 application help needed

Post by gabidzas » Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:07 pm

Hi all;

I just received my ILR and want to register my kid as British Citizen, he was born in UK and is eligible for citizenship.
Could you advise on the following please:
1. Documents required for the application;
2. Reference from a person who has dealt with the child in a professional role such as a teacher. Head teacher from Primary school agreed to provide reference, is it ok to use school address and contact details in the application? i.e. school email, school tel no?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: MN1 application help needed

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:12 pm

Documents:
1) Child’s UK birth certificate
2) Your ILR BRP
3) Any child’s home country’s passport (if any)
4) Parent’s Consent letter for child to register as BC.

Yes school contact details can be used.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

gabidzas
England

Post by gabidzas » Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:00 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:12 pm
Documents:
1) Child’s UK birth certificate
2) Your ILR BRP
3) Any child’s home country’s passport (if any)
4) Parent’s Consent letter for child to register as BC.

Yes school contact details can be used.
thanks CULLINAN,
regarding Parent's consent letter, is there any template available that I can use?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:05 pm

Template for you, print, fill, sign and upload. The one I used for my daughter.

Consent to the application

Mother’s consent:

I (Full name of mother) consent to this application for the registration of (Full name of child) as a British Citizen.

Signature:
Date:
Address:
Mobile:
Email:

Father’s consent:

I (Full name of father) consent to this application for the registration of (Full name of child) as a British Citizen.

Signature:
Date:
Address:
Mobile:
Email:
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

gabidzas
England

Post by gabidzas » Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:03 pm

My child's teacher eventually refused to be a referee, on a grounds that my kid started reception class this year and she does not know the kid for three years. Would that create a problem in application? what if I will change referee to someone who knows my child for three years, but who is not my kid's teacher or GP?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:38 pm

gabidzas wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:03 pm
My child's teacher eventually refused to be a referee, on a grounds that my kid started reception class this year and she does not know the kid for three years. Would that create a problem in application? what if I will change referee to someone who knows my child for three years, but who is not my kid's teacher or GP?
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 1.0EXT.pdf

Page 9/10.

gabidzas
England

Post by gabidzas » Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:48 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:38 pm
gabidzas wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:03 pm
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 1.0EXT.pdf

Page 9/10.
Thanks for the quick reply

gabidzas
England

Post by gabidzas » Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:56 pm

I have another issue :?
One of the referees has passport expiring in one month; should I still include him as referee in my kid's application? could this create any issue?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:40 pm

gabidzas wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:56 pm
I have another issue :?
One of the referees has passport expiring in one month; should I still include him as referee in my kid's application? could this create any issue?
No

gabidzas
England

Post by gabidzas » Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:09 pm

one more question, should I sign declaration as "I am the applicant" or should I tick: "I am a representative of the applicant and have been authorised to act on their behalf and have discussed and confirmed the contents of this application with them"?

srsw

Post by srsw » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:08 pm

gabidzas wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:09 pm
one more question, should I sign declaration as "I am the applicant" or should I tick: "I am a representative of the applicant and have been authorised to act on their behalf and have discussed and confirmed the contents of this application with them"?
You need to go for " I am the applicant".

Fyi, Representative = Solicitor in this case.
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

gabidzas
England

Post by gabidzas » Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:07 am

We had a biometrics appointment today, it took no more than 10 minutes, I had all the documents uploaded in advance.

one question: should I send reference letters or any original documents physically to the Home office? our referees signed back of the applicants photo and signed the reference letters.
I have attached photo to the reference form and and scanned it, no one at the UKVCAS bothered to check originals; staff member just told us that as we have everything scanned and uploaded there was no need to do anything else other than take a picture.

Please advise.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:16 pm

You were suppose to upload the referee forms before your biomteric appointment with all your other supporting documents.

No original documents are sent to ukvi.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by bizman » Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:15 pm

You don’t need to send any documents once you have scanned and uploaded them to the system.
Bizman

gabidzas
England

Post by gabidzas » Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:17 am

we submitted biometrics on 10th of Dec 2020 and have not heard anything from the UKVI on my Kid's mn1 application. can anyone advise on timelines? what is average or median time till decision? is there a way to escalate before 6 month deadline advised by service standard?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:37 pm

gabidzas wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:17 am
we submitted biometrics on 10th of Dec 2020 and have not heard anything from the UKVI on my Kid's mn1 application. can anyone advise on timelines? what is average or median time till decision? is there a way to escalate before 6 month deadline advised by service standard?
british-citizenship/mn1-registration-ap ... 81180.html

gabidzas
England

Post by gabidzas » Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:37 pm

for my kids first passport application I am asked to provide: any "court orders (for example that describe parental responsibility or residency arrangements)", what am I supposed to provide here? certificate of marriage? unabridged birth certificate of my son? please advise.

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by bizman » Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:00 am

In case there is court order but if not all you need to send is your children BC cert and passports
Bizman