ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Regarding Dependent parent

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bbree90
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Regarding Dependent parent

Post by bbree90 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:44 pm

Good day to you all.
Quick question .I hope someone can help me
Am a mom to a 6 year old Eu child.I applied for settled status for him and he has been granted.

Can I then apply for settled status as his dependant parent?

I am not very sure about this,seeing as am his mom and I wont be expected to be dependant on a little boy.

Please some clarity will be appreciated.
Thanks guys.

Sorry I posted on a zambrano thread earlier.

kamoe
European Union

Re: Regarding Dependent parent

Post by kamoe » Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:31 pm

bbree90 wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:44 pm
Can I then apply for settled status as his dependant parent?
No, since you are not dependent on him.

You might apply as his adult carer (Chen, you already know this from your Zambrano post), since he is a minor EU citizen, resident in the UK, and he is dependent on you; without you, he would likely need to leave the UK.

However, for this route, although comprehensive sickness insurance is not needed, you need to prove you do not rely on public funds to support your child (for some reason they refer to this as your child being "self-sufficient". This does not mean that your child needs to earn his own living, just that their carer -aka you- does not relay on public funds).

Is the father of the child a EU national, and has he left the UK?
I am not very sure about this, seeing as am his mom and I wont be expected to be dependant on a little boy.
Exactly, you cannot apply as dependant parent using the regular EUSS route, because you would then need to prove financial dependency on your child, which you do not have.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

bbree90
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by bbree90 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:03 pm

Thanks a lot Kamoe for your detailed reply.
The father is no longer in the UK.
I will try via the Chen route then

bbree90
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by bbree90 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:06 pm

Yes.Dad is Polish.left the UK a few years ago.

kamoe
European Union

Post by kamoe » Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:24 pm

bbree90 wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:06 pm
Yes.Dad is Polish.left the UK a few years ago.
Then you might also be eligible under Ibrahim/Texeira carer, not only Chen.

Ibrahim/Texeira require that the child be the child of a EU national who used to work in the UK, that the child resided in the UK while their EU parent was working in the UK, and that the child is currently in education in the UK at the time of application. It does not require to demonstrate self-sufficiency, or no recurse to public funds. So it requires demonstration of a EU parent having exercised treaty rights, but less financial proof to submit than Chen.

Call the EU Resolution centre and explain your situation. They might advise on which of Chen or Ibrahim/Texeira routes is best for you (and if at all the forms are different).
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

bbree90
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by bbree90 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:23 am

Thanks a lot for all the info
These Chen texeira and Ibrahim routes seems quite complex.I will give them a call to see what they advise.