ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visit Visa for Parents

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sweet_soul
Newly Registered

Visit Visa for Parents

Post by sweet_soul » Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:51 am

Background:

I am a British citizien living and working in the UK with a permanent job for past 18 years but my parents live in Pakistan. Me and my only sibling, both live in the UK. My parents prefer living in Pakistan where they have lots of friends and family. They prefer to visit us and never considered moving here.

My mother regularly visited me alone in the past every other year but my dad never visited UK.

Last year, both my parents applied for visit visa together and got refused. The reason given for my father's visa refusal was "where did he get the funds that he had in his bank account". Now, my father is retired and he sold one of his property few years back and he got the funds from that. Additionally, I send some money every month to him. I had attached all the remittance receipts with his application. Yet they refused him. Because my father was my mother's sponsor, she automatically got refused too.

We made the second attempt after 3 months. This time, my dad attached the proof of property sale, copy of cheques, receipts of the remittances that I send every month etc. Again refused with the same reason. My parents decided not to visit last year then.

Now, they are planning to visit me again this Christmas to see me and my children. And I am thinking on what can I do to improve their chances of getting a visit visa. I have been thinking on following;

Questions:

1. I become their main sponsor and my father does not need to show his bank statements? This is because Visa officer seems to dislike my dad's bank account. The account does not even have huge sums of money.

2. Apply for their visit visas separately?

3. Any thing else that I am missing?

Please advise me on where I am going wrong. Any advice would be highly appreciated.

regards.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Visit Visa for Parents

Post by CR001 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:04 am

You have substantially weakened their case by proving you send them money every month.

Visit visa are much harder to get now for aging parents, especially if you submit evidence that you support them financially in any capacity.

Even if you support their entire visit, the ECO will still expect to see evidence of their social, family, financial, property ties to Pakistan.

Every time they apply with new or different evidence, the previous refused visa application are looked at again to compare their docs and circumstances.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sweet_soul
Newly Registered

Post by sweet_soul » Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:00 am

thanks for the reply. I have just been honest and truthful. They always issued my mother a visa with the same circumstances. Its only when they applied together they got refused.

What is your advice? how to go by it this time?
regards

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:41 pm

sweet_soul wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:00 am
They always issued my mother a visa with the same circumstances. Its only when they applied together they got refused.

What is your advice? how to go by it this time?
regards
Your post actually contain the antidote which is to not apply their (both parents) visas together to turn the tide.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.