ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa (Accommodation query)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tkan
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Spouse visa (Accommodation query)

Post by tkan » Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:45 am

Hello,

I've applied for the spouse visa one and half month ago. All documents has been provided as per the requirement. For the proof of the residence and my spouse future address, I've provided following:
1- Current tenancy agreement
2- Permission from landlord
3- Letter from the property management confirming my tenancy
4- Independent estate agent - property search report
5- Correspondence to my current address (For e.g. HMRC letters, bank statement etc)

Now I'm changing my address due to some reason.

Do I need to tell my home office about change of my address? My worry is if home office will call my estate agent to verify the above documents after change of my address, he will say that i left the property which will make my case void.

Please advise?.
Thanks,

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse visa (Accommodation query)

Post by seagul » Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:09 am

tkan wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:45 am
Hello,

I've applied for the spouse visa one and half month ago. All documents has been provided as per the requirement. For the proof of the residence and my spouse future address, I've provided following:
1- Current tenancy agreement
2- Permission from landlord
3- Letter from the property management confirming my tenancy
4- Independent estate agent - property search report
5- Correspondence to my current address (For e.g. HMRC letters, bank statement etc)

Now I'm changing my address due to some reason.

Do I need to tell my home office about change of my address? My worry is if home office will call my estate agent to verify the above documents after change of my address, he will say that i left the property which will make my case void.

Please advise?.
Thanks,
All above documents are suffice to meet the accommodation requirements but protracting the plans of moving out at least until the decision arrives will be more prudent (if possible). Moreover, there is no effective way of reaching to the caseworker unless he/she approach you and several times they do contact the estate agent/landlord for confirming the sponsor's occupation there.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

tkan
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by tkan » Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:08 pm

Thanks Seagul.

What if I need to change the address? how to tell home office about it.

I was expecting the visa will come by first week of November but taking more than usual. Do you know what is the standard lead time for spouse visa?

Thanks,

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:30 pm

tkan wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:08 pm
Thanks Seagul.

What if I need to change the address? how to tell home office about it.

I was expecting the visa will come by first week of November but taking more than usual. Do you know what is the standard lead time for spouse visa?

Thanks,
There is a link available for its only for inside of UK applicants.
https://visa-address-update.service.gov.uk/

Regarding timeline you can search this section.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.