ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form - NEW

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lolwe
inactive
Zimbabwe

Re: Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form - NEW

Post by lolwe » Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:16 pm

mummy21 wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 3:54 am
To think even when I initially asked for an application form - ai was denied one by the home office who told me I needed to have legal stay in order to make a EUSS application..
The Home Office don't want to send Zambrano carers EUSS application forms under Appendix EU because they refuse 61% of Zambrano applicants. People are starting to ask questions about the sudden jump in refusals under the EU settlement scheme. One day, the Home Office will be held to account for their bad practices.

The Home Office tell the media they "take all possible steps" to help people become settled. Clearly, that is not true, or there would not be so many refusals. I hope the media look into these refusals. The Home Office should stop bullying people and tricking them into applying for leave to remain.

Spirit007
United Kingdom

Post by Spirit007 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:22 pm

What i don't get is the fact HO seems to offer and grant some Appendix FM settlement after 5 years, if certain conditions are met. It grants settlement to some people after legally staying here for 3 years, some years. However, a reasonable number of zambrano do meet these conditions, yet they are still been decline settlement. That notwithstanding, 5 years should be sufficient for all indiscriminate of circumstances. It appears settlement and citizenship are up for SALE

lolwe
inactive
Zimbabwe

Post by lolwe » Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:20 pm

Spirit007 wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:22 pm
What i don't get is the fact HO seems to offer and grant some Appendix FM settlement after 5 years, if certain conditions are met. It grants settlement to some people after legally staying here for 3 years, some years. However, a reasonable number of zambrano do meet these conditions, yet they are still been decline settlement. That notwithstanding, 5 years should be sufficient for all indiscriminate of circumstances. It appears settlement and citizenship are up for SALE
Are you saying Zambrano carers on the 5 year route for Appendix FM are denied indefinite leave to remain after meeting all of the requirements for 5 years?

This might help

Conditions under Appendix FM (5 year route)

Where an applicant meets the requirements of R-ILRPT.1.1. (a) to (e) they will be granted indefinite leave to remain under D-ILRPT.1.1.

http://qna.files.parliament.uk/qna-atta ... x%20FM.pdf

R-LTRPT.1.1. The requirements to be met for limited or indefinite leave to remain as a parent or partner are-(a)the applicant and the child must be in the UK;(b)the applicant must have made a valid application for limited or indefinite leave to remain as a parent or partner; and either(c)(i) the applicant must not fall for refusal under Section S-LTR: Suitability leave to remain; and(ii) the applicant meets all of the requirements of Section ELTRPT: Eligibility for leave to remain as a parent, or(d) (i) the applicant must not fall for refusal under S-LTR:Suitability leave to remain; and(ii) the applicant meets the requirements of paragraphs E-LTRPT.2.2-2.4. and E-LTRPT.3.1.; and(iii) paragraph EX.1. applies.

The eligibility requirements for leave tor remain as a parent are set out in paragraphs E-LTRPT.2.2. to E-LTRPT.5.2. of Appendix FM. All eligibility requirements must be met for a parent to qualify for entry clearance or leave to remain on the 5-year route. In order to meet the financial requirements, the applicant must provide evidence that they will be able to adequately maintain and accommodate themselves and any dependants in the UK without recourse to public funds. The applicant must provide evidence that there will be adequate accommodation, without recourse to public funds, for the family (including other family members who are not included in the application but who live in the same household), which the family own or occupy exclusively. To qualify for indefinite leave to remain as a parent on the 5-year route to settlement the applicant must have sufficient knowledge of language and life (KoLL) in the UK in accordance with Appendix KoLL.

Investor Visa (Tier 1)
I don't think most Zambrano carers meet these rules - You can apply for a Tier 1 (Investor) visa if: you want to invest £2,000,000 or more in the UK, you’re from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland, you meet the other eligibility requirements. You can apply to settle after 3 years if you invest £5 million.

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:59 am

Ngoo wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:50 am
LULUBABY wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:25 am
I have been typing and deleting, downloading and uploading. Poor PDF can’t believe in 2020 someone is still trying to force it to copy and paste and save.
Jesus Wept!!!
No wonder Lawyers charge thousands of pounds for applications that cost a few hundreds of pounds.

That reminds me, Mubashir, Snooky, IST, Dimiku and all of you who have received your positive decisions should not forget to remind SANTA to ‘UP HIS GAME’ this year ooooo, because this journey wouldn’t have been possible without these children.
@Lulubaby,

How are you doing? Have you heard from the AR team? I am still waiting for the outcome of DFR1 appeal and the AR team as well. Wish you all the best. Stay blessed.
Ngoo I have sent my JR bundle to the HO, I tracked it and it has already been signed for. The court said I have to wait for a letter. I am just wondering what letter it will be and how long the wait it takes.

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:03 am

IST wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:57 pm
LULUBABY wrote:
I have been typing and deleting, downloading and uploading. Poor PDF can’t believe in 2020 someone is still trying to force it to copy and paste and save.
Jesus Wept!!!
No wonder Lawyers charge thousands of pounds for applications that cost a few hundreds of pounds.

That reminds me, Mubashir, Snooky, IST, Dimiku and all of you who have received your positive decisions should not forget to remind SANTA to ‘UP HIS GAME’ this year ooooo, because this journey wouldn’t have been possible without these children.
Lulubaby

I hope you are well.

We all pray for you. Have you got any update from AR yet?
HI IST, I have served the HO their copy of my bundle. They have received it. Please what next?. The court asked me to wait for a letter.

IST
Uruguay

Post by IST » Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:30 am

LULUBABY wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:03 am
IST wrote:
LULUBABY wrote:
Jesus Wept!!!

Lulubaby

I hope you are well.

HI IST, I have served the HO their copy of my bundle. They have received it. Please what next?. The court asked me to wait for a letter.
Hello Lulubaby I hope your having a good weekend.

My court case hasn’t progressed at all,since I submitted the appeal haven’t heard anything not even instructions called the court few times and I was told you case has not even been allocated yet.
Far as I understand if you have served the bundles then you just need to wait till they get back to you in due course.

What about you AR what’s happening?

mummy21
United Kingdom

Post by mummy21 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:31 am

Thank you so much Lulubaby.
Santa's level has changed :lol: ! I owe you and the other posters so much. I started the year sleeping on the floor with my son bouncing between friends and now we things have changed drastically.

I wish you all the best with your Judicial Review. I am praying for you. Fingers crossed

Catalley09
Zimbabwe

Post by Catalley09 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:25 am

mummy21 wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:31 am
Santa's level has changed :lol: ! I owe you and the other posters so much. I started the year sleeping on the floor with my son bouncing between friends and now we things have changed drastically.

I wish you all the best with your Judicial Review. I am praying for you. Fingers crossed
Congratulations

Is it pre settlement or settlement you were given and why time limit until 2024? And you are saying it does not have recourse to public fund ? Sorry l am confused coz settlement and pre settlement have recourse - please enlighten us

Catalley09
Zimbabwe

Post by Catalley09 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:26 am

IST wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:30 am
LULUBABY wrote:
IST wrote:
LULUBABY wrote:
Jesus Wept!!!

Lulubaby

I hope you are well.

My court case hasn’t progressed at all,since I submitted the appeal haven’t heard anything not even instructions called the court few times and I was told you case has not even been allocated yet.
Far as I understand if you have served the bundles then you just need to wait till they get back to you in due course.

Lulu baby

I submitted my AR and l haven’t heard anything , where do l send the bundles? Or l should wait for further instructions?

JB007
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Post by JB007 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:38 am

JB007 wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:00 pm
Sebel wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:09 pm
JB007 wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:06 pm
Sebel wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 1:21 pm
Hello everyone, sure this might not be related,just need a little advice and help. Please how do I order a replacement birthcertificate for my son. I got the photocopy but can't find the original.
If he was born in England or Wales, you can apply to the GRO for a certified copy.
https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/

Possible Service Delays
Coronavirus

Due to Covid-19, certificate orders will not be completed within the published timescales

https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/cert ... /login.asp
Please what is GRO index reference number?

https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/cert ... es/CG4.pdf
The GRO reference number is:- the quarter his birth is recorded (March, June, Sept or Dec, but sometimes they are recorded in the next quarter if they are registered near to a quarter end), year, district, volume number and page number (of the registration). When you registered his birth, this would have been written by the registrar in the volume they were using at the time and on the page number for that day. I don't know if it is possible to phone your registrar office and ask for his GRO ref no.

If you don't know his GRO reference, you could put his date of birth and the district he was born in; the district will be on the photocopy of his birth certificate. A GRO staff member will have look up his GRO reference to be able to send a certified birth certificate.

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:18 pm

Catalley09 wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:26 am
IST wrote:
LULUBABY wrote:
IST wrote:

Lulubaby

I hope you are well.

Lulu baby

I submitted my AR and l haven’t heard anything , where do l send the bundles? Or l should wait for further instructions?
The bundles are not for AR. They were sent to me by the court when I applied for Judicial Review. I didn’t hear anything from AR so I did PAP, then Judicial Review.

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:31 pm

IST wrote:
LULUBABY wrote:
IST wrote:
LULUBABY wrote:
Jesus Wept!!!

Lulubaby

I hope you are well.

I haven’t heard from them apart from their letter after PAP in which they asked for 14 more days. I only saw that letter after I had already started the Judicial Review.

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:34 pm

LULUBABY wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:31 pm
IST wrote:
LULUBABY wrote:
IST wrote:

Lulubaby

I hope you are well.

I haven’t heard from them apart from their letter after PAP in which they asked for 14 more days. I only saw that letter after I had already started the Judicial Review.
How are you enjoying your freedom?. Hope you all are ok.

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:38 pm

JB007 wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:38 am
JB007 wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:00 pm
Sebel wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:09 pm
JB007 wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:06 pm

If he was born in England or Wales, you can apply to the GRO for a certified copy.
https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/

Possible Service Delays
Coronavirus

Due to Covid-19, certificate orders will not be completed within the published timescales

https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/cert ... /login.asp
Please what is GRO index reference number?

https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/cert ... es/CG4.pdf
The GRO reference number is:- the quarter his birth is recorded (March, June, Sept or Dec, but sometimes they are recorded in the next quarter if they are registered near to a quarter end), year, district, volume number and page number (of the registration). When you registered his birth, this would have been written by the registrar in the volume they were using at the time and on the page number for that day. I don't know if it is possible to phone your registrar office and ask for his GRO ref no.

If you don't know his GRO reference, you could put his date of birth and the district he was born in; the district will be on the photocopy of his birth certificate. A GRO staff member will have look up his GRO reference to be able to send a certified birth certificate.

Thank you so much for this. I can’t find my child’s birth certificate too. I will use this opportunity to request another copy.

mummy21
United Kingdom

Post by mummy21 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:00 pm

Catalley09 wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:25 am
mummy21 wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:31 am

Congratulations

Is it pre settlement or settlement you were given and why time limit until 2024? And you are saying it does not have recourse to public fund ? Sorry l am confused coz settlement and pre settlement have recourse - please enlighten us
Sorry that's a typo - I have pre settled status valid until November 2025. After which you can apply for settled status or earlier once you have 5 years of continuous stay.

I am not clear on benefits as it says pre settled status requires you to show you have a right to residence or a previous right to claim. I honestly don't know what that means. Once I get the BRP I will let you know what it says if there is a restriction. I am also speaking to my solicitor next week so they will explain

IST
Uruguay

Post by IST » Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:07 pm

LULUBABY wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:34 pm
LULUBABY wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:31 pm
IST wrote:
LULUBABY wrote:

How are you enjoying your freedom?. Hope you all are ok.
You will hear from AR as they have to decide your application even you went for JR.

Lulubaby the freedom is amazing knowing that not need to worry about immigration rules changes all the time. I am sure you will be in same position as mine very soon and you will enjoy the freedom too

Miss-Suz
Member of Standing
Mood:
Cote D-Ivoire

Post by Miss-Suz » Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:30 pm

LULUBABY wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:18 pm
Catalley09 wrote:
IST wrote:
LULUBABY wrote:

Lulu baby

The bundles are not for AR. They were sent to me by the court when I applied for Judicial Review. I didn’t hear anything from AR so I did PAP, then Judicial Review.
Hello Lulubaby,

As you went through the Pre-action protocol, I will need your help on this. I have already filled the PHSO form, I now need to send to my Mp to sign. But I am confused, would it be better to do a PAP? as I heard the PHSO take longer to investigate and.

Miss-Suz
Member of Standing
Mood:
Cote D-Ivoire

Post by Miss-Suz » Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:31 pm

Miss-Suz wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:30 pm
LULUBABY wrote:
Catalley09 wrote:
IST wrote:

Lulu baby

Hello Lulubaby,

As you went through the Pre-action protocol, I will need your help on this. I have already filled the PHSO form, I now need to send to my Mp to sign. But I am confused, would it be better to do a PAP? as I heard the PHSO take longer to investigate and.
Hello Lolwe,

Any ideas on this?

Ngoo
Nigeria

Post by Ngoo » Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:38 pm

LULUBABY wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:59 am
Ngoo wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:50 am
LULUBABY wrote:
Jesus Wept!!!

@Lulubaby,

How are you doing? Have you heard from the AR team? I am still waiting for the outcome of DFR1 appeal and the AR team as well. Wish you all the best. Stay blessed.
Ngoo I have sent my JR bundle to the HO, I tracked it and it has already been signed for. The court said I have to wait for a letter. I am just wondering what letter it will be and how long the wait it takes.
Hello Lulubaby,
I only had one letter from the court which has the appeal number and the address where you send the court bundle to. The next step is waiting for the appeal to be allocated to a judge and once it goes to a judge then the outcome. Stay blessed

lolwe
inactive
Zimbabwe

Post by lolwe » Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:13 pm

Miss-Suz wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:31 pm
Miss-Suz wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:30 pm
LULUBABY wrote:
Catalley09 wrote:

Lulu baby

Hello Lulubaby,

Hello Lolwe,

Any ideas on this?
Hi Miss Suz, Great question. You have to word your PHSO complaint carefully. PHSO complaints are not legal challenges. The main reason to complain to the PHSO is to get them to realise and understand what is happening. The PHSO are probably the only organisation that can stop these abuses by the Home Office. Every complaint filed by a Zambrano carer helps everyone. Hopefully you can see the difference between the PHSO and the Court in the examples below:

Complain to the PHSO about any of the following
  • the length of time it took the Home Office to decide your case
  • that you feel bullied in to applying for leave to remain
  • the stress you have endured during this process
  • anything else you can think of
Possible remedies to ask the PHSO
  • an apology from the Home Office
  • a commitment by the Home Office to review their practices
  • compensation due to stress
Complain to the Court about
the Home Office's refusal to grant you settlement under EUSS(Appendix EU)

Possible remedies
  • ask the Judge to ask the Home Office to remake their decision
  • ask the Judge to quash the decision by the Home Office
  • anything else other people on this thread may suggest....

lolwe
inactive
Zimbabwe

Post by lolwe » Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:25 pm

Pre Action Protocol versus Administrative Review versus PHSO

A key point to consider: You must file your court claim within 3 months of the original refusal decision. Don't wait too long for the administrative review. Sometimes, the Home Office will take four months to decide the Admin Review. By then, you will have missed your opportunity to file your legal claim "on time". The court may accept a late filing, but they may not accept a late filing.

Pre action protocol
the step you take before you file your legal claim in court. under normal circumstances, you give the Home Office 14 days to respond to your PAP demands. If they don't respond, or if they don't correct the problem, you can go to court.

Administrative review
the step you take before you file your legal claim in court (mandatory for immigration cases)
if the Home Office take longer than 28 days, you may want to go ahead and file the legal claim.

PHSO
The step you take to get your MP to try and resolve your issue on your behalf. If your MP can not resolve the issue, and your MP thinks the issue is serious, your MP will forward your complaint to the PHSO. the PHSO will investigate the issue and decide if the Home Office are at fault. the PHSO are particularly good at getting the Home Office to make a decision when a lot of time has passed. Also, if the PHSO see a lot of complaints about the Home Office for the same bad behaviour, the PHSO can force the Home Office to change its practices. The PHSO will not get involved in deciding your immigration case. Just the procedures around how your application was handled and how you were treated.

lolwe
inactive
Zimbabwe

Post by lolwe » Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:29 pm

Have you considered ending your LTR under Appendix FM early?

I am not sure if this idea is valid.

The problem
Zambrano carers who currently have limited leave to remain under Appendix FM are rejected for settlement under Appendix EU.

Potential solution
Write a letter to the Home Office asking them to cancel your limited leave to remain under Appendix FM immediately?

That should, in theory, mean you are a Zambrano carer currently without leave to remain. If you request cancellation, I do not see how they could keep the status, but I could be wrong.

Miss-Suz
Member of Standing
Mood:
Cote D-Ivoire

Post by Miss-Suz » Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:41 pm

lolwe wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:29 pm

The problem
Zambrano carers who currently have limited leave to remain under Appendix FM are rejected for settlement under Appendix EU.

Potential solution
Write a letter to the Home Office asking them to cancel your limited leave to remain under Appendix FM immediately?

That should, in theory, mean you are a Zambrano carer currently without leave to remain. If you request cancellation, I do not see how they could keep the status, but I could be wrong.
Thank you Lolwe,
I don’t have any application under Appendix FM as it has been varied by my Zambrano EUSS application.
I have been refunded the fees since March. Home Office now want me to re-submit that application

lolwe
inactive
Zimbabwe

Post by lolwe » Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:44 pm

Miss-Suz wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:41 pm
lolwe wrote:

The problem

Potential solution

Thank you Lolwe,
I don’t have any application under Appendix FM as it has been varied by my Zambrano EUSS application.
I have been refunded the fees since March. Home Office now want me to re-submit that application
Hi Miss Suz, Agreed. You are in a good position. Just wanted to raise the point for any Z carers who may currently have LTR under Appendix FM. :)

star31
Newly Registered
Mood:
South Africa

Post by star31 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:05 pm

lolwe wrote:

The problem

Potential solution

@ lol we, thank you for putting the link on withdrawal bill, i am an Ibrahim & Teixeira holder, my daughter have settled status, i have applied 4 months ago, there is no response from EUSS, can i send a PAP to them? Please can you put up a PAP letter here, this will help me and other people who may want to do the same. Is there any laws which cover people on Ibrahim & Teixeira derivative right in the EU Withdrawal bill and Appendix EU? Please i will really appreciate it if you can respond to my post.