ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Ext Vary Application/IHS fee refund

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Guggi

Tier 1 Ext Vary Application/IHS fee refund

Post by Guggi » Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:23 pm

Dear Moderator

I have been following this forum and i have received a lot of information in many aspects.

My Timeline.
Initial T1E granted: Feb 2017
Visa Expired: June 2020

Made in time FLR FP application before T1E visa expired, paying full application fee and IHS to cover and gain some time in order to submit extension application.

Applied for T1E Ext in July 2020 with paying complete fee and IHS and received approval in Sept 2020.

However i have still not received refund for initial FLR application & IHS which was varied with my extension application and it was mention in the cover letter and T1E Ext application previous pending application with HO.

Since i applied through solicitor, i assumed i will get refund soon after approval or with in 6 weeks, however nothing so far.

Can someone help me how to request for refund and advice.

Kind Regards

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 1 Ext Vary Application/IHS fee refund

Post by seagul » Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:32 am

Guggi wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:23 pm
Dear Moderator

I have been following this forum and i have received a lot of information in many aspects.

My Timeline.
Initial T1E granted: Feb 2017
Visa Expired: June 2020

Made in time FLR FP application before T1E visa expired, paying full application fee and IHS to cover and gain some time in order to submit extension application.

Applied for T1E Ext in July 2020 with paying complete fee and IHS and received approval in Sept 2020.

However i have still not received refund for initial FLR application & IHS which was varied with my extension application and it was mention in the cover letter and T1E Ext application previous pending application with HO.

Since i applied through solicitor, i assumed i will get refund soon after approval or with in 6 weeks, however nothing so far.

Can someone help me how to request for refund and advice.

Kind Regards
Refunds are made automatically usually within 6 weeks. Keep in touch with your solicitor too about it. You can also contact them for refunds at the email mentioned in below link:

https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigrati ... on/refunds
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Guggi

Post by Guggi » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:12 am

Thank you for the reply

Thats exactly what i thought but it has passed 6 weeks but no refund
Solicitor kept saying they have asked UKVI for refund but they wont give importance chasing them.

The link you have shared is for health worker immigration surcharge do you think emailing them would be okay?

Kind Regards

Anontier25
Algeria

Post by Anontier25 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:58 pm

I thought IHS fee was refunded if the visa was refused, unless a health worker. When did they change this rule for Tier 1?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:31 pm

Guggi wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:12 am
do you think emailing them would be okay?

Kind Regards
Yes contact them. But if that payment was made by solicitor then he might have already received that refund.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Guggi

Post by Guggi » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:56 am

Anontier25 wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:58 pm
I thought IHS fee was refunded if the visa was refused, unless a health worker. When did they change this rule for Tier 1?
My visa was not refused, it was varied to new application, paying new fee both for application and IHS

Guggi

Post by Guggi » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:58 am

seagul wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:31 pm
Guggi wrote:

Kind Regards
Yes contact them. But if that payment was made by solicitor then he might have already received that refund.
Payment was done with my card so i doubt that, only possibility is they send cheque with refund amount.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:15 pm

Guggi wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:58 am
seagul wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:31 pm
Guggi wrote:

Kind Regards
Payment was done with my card so i doubt that, only possibility is they send cheque with refund amount.
Refund usually is made through reversal of transaction over same card unless they have adopted at very recently some other mode such as cheque etc.