ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP Permit Number before BRP delivery

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

migrant1
Newly Registered
Mauritius

BRP Permit Number before BRP delivery

Post by migrant1 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:23 am

Hi all,

I have received the confirmation email for an In Country Tier 2 visa application however I am still waiting on the BRP delivery.

My employer is not allowing me to start my employment before the BRP delivery and is refusing to use the Home Office Employer right to work checking service.

Is there a way for me to find out what is my new BRP Permit number before its delivery? This would allow me to prove my right to work to the employer and allow me to start employment.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: BRP Permit Number before BRP delivery

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:06 pm

Is there a way for me to find out what is my new BRP Permit number before its delivery?
No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Tash87
Philippines

Post by Tash87 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:27 pm

migrant1 wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:23 am
Hi all,

I have received the confirmation email for an In Country Tier 2 visa application however I am still waiting on the BRP delivery.

My employer is not allowing me to start my employment before the BRP delivery and is refusing to use the Home Office Employer right to work checking service.

Is there a way for me to find out what is my new BRP Permit number before its delivery? This would allow me to prove my right to work to the employer and allow me to start employment.
By law it’s your right I don’t know how they can reject it because the U.K. government has given clear guidelines about it

butchikMD
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by butchikMD » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:39 pm

migrant1 wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:23 am
Hi all,

Provide the ECS link to your employer and insist on doing the right to work check there. It would only take 5 working days to get the positive notification. I had mine done 2x and in both times it came out in just 4 working days. I’ve got in-country T2 visa application approval too end of Oct and until now I havent got the BRP card yet. I am now able to work because of the ECS positive notification.

One applicant shared this in the BRP card not delivered thread, maybe send the exact wording to convince your employer:

"If you have already received a decision from the Home Office but you are now waiting for a biometric card and your employer is requesting to see proof of your right to work in the UK, Please ask your employer to Use the Employer Checking Service by completing the form at: https://www.gov.uk/employee-immigration ... ent-status Please note this must be completed by your employer as right to work checks cannot be submitted by individuals."

Good luck!

Rushnook
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Rushnook » Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:13 pm

This link no longer works