ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

asylum fresh claim processing time

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Joe15
United Kingdom

Re: asylum fresh claim processing time

Post by Joe15 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:29 pm

Laureen007 wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:37 pm
Joe15 wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 1:25 pm
Hi Everyone,

This Is a time line from applying to Receiving BRP.

Further Submission after Asylum refusal : 2nd January 2020
Additional Evidence Requested by the HO in regards to the Further Submission: 24th February- Sent by email on 4th of March.
Biometric Enrolment: Received on 24th February 2020, appointment was booked on 20th March 2020
Decision: LTR with public fund Made on 11th August 2020, Sent on 17th Aug 2020 to an old Solicitor Address whom no longer occupy it (We were not notified)
BRPs also were sent on the 17 Aug 2020 to the same address (which was refused receipt and was held with TNT)

By chance we were informed about our status from MP in September.
Numerous Chase up between all parties took approximately 2 Month to finally receive everything.

Decision letter was received on 27 October 2020
BRP at last received on the 13th November.

Be aware there is a huge miscommunication between different department in the Home Office and TNT. I would advise to chase different department every 2/3 days to make sure they were informed.

NB. We were supposed to get evicted from our NASS accommodation on the 5th November - But we informed Migrant Help of the failure to receive both Decision letter and BRPs- they have advised to submit a reinstatement of support 3 days before the evection date which was granted a week later.
Wow this is the fastest I have seen to be granted LTR. They responded within a month? Wow. Were you granted refugee status or 2.5 years?
Thank you. I understand this is quicker than many whom been waiting for years. it took in total 8 Months. or 11 Months if you considering the delays. we were granted 2.5 leave to remain.

Just for me own understanding anyone knows the different between discretionary leave to remain and Normal Leave to remain. my decision letter has no mention of discretionary leave and rather just mentioned 'leave to remain'

Yahas76
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Yahas76 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:35 pm

Joe15 wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Additional Evidence Requested by the HO in regards to the Further Submission: 24th February- Sent by email on 4th of March.
Biometric Enrolment: Received on 24th February 2020, appointment was booked on 20th March 2020
Decision: LTR with public fund Made on 11th August 2020, Sent on 17th Aug 2020 to an old Solicitor Address whom no longer occupy it (We were not notified)
BRPs also were sent on the 17 Aug 2020 to the same address (which was refused receipt and was held with TNT)

Numerous Chase up between all parties took approximately 2 Month to finally receive everything.

Be aware there is a huge miscommunication between different department in the Home Office and TNT. I would advise to chase different department every 2/3 days to make sure they were informed.

NB. We were supposed to get evicted from our NASS accommodation on the 5th November - But we informed Migrant Help of the failure to receive both Decision letter and BRPs- they have advised to submit a reinstatement of support 3 days before the evection date which was granted a week later.

Dear Joe15,

Many CONGRATULATIONS for everything, finally now you can breath :) ....

GOD Bless you.

Enjoy your FREEDOM ....

Kind Regard's.

Yahas76
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Yahas76 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:45 pm

Stillwaiting2020 wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:57 pm
Hi yahas,how are you doing, I don't really know the rule that guide permission to work, I just wanted to work in order to take care of myself, I am really struggling moreover I have been on section 4 for years,the section 4 is not enough for me, t also want to be active,build my confidence and make responsible friends through working, ncase you want to apply, you can do it online ,the email for work permit is working, I just resent my application and I received automatic response.have you settle your accomodation issue?
Dear Stillwaiting2020,

I am fine and doing well, I Pray / Wish that you will get grant / job as soon as possible as you are waiting since long. Yes, you are taking a very good step to apply for the work permission to start the job it will give you Confidence / Good Friends / Future Opportunities, and you can support your self in a way you wanted / needed.

Finally i moved from Hotel to House on 28th October 2020 and living peacefully, cooking and having my own food according to my long term health condition.

Thanks for the email address's confirmation that its working fine, can you please tell me or send me the link of Online portal to apply permission to work ???

I wish that everything will be fine for everyone.

Wish you all the Best, Stay positive as you are :) .....

Kind Regard's.

Latiffa1989
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Latiffa1989 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:55 pm

Hi of course so I have applied for fresh submission 28 of February 2020 , in person , got an email from the HO on august 15 asking for evidence that my daughter hasn’t been out of the country on the estimate time . Evidence sent 4 days after ! Got another email on the 23 of September offering me a free biometrics for me and my daughter stating that they weren’t offering appointments but because of the circumstances etc . I called the biometric number on the email and they offered me and md appointment for 4 days after . On the 2 of November I got the permits . Good luck everybody . May god help you all .

I have a question can I go with this card to Germany for a short visit ?

shooroma
United Kingdom

Post by shooroma » Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:54 am

Latiffa1989 wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:55 pm
Hi of course so I have applied for fresh submission 28 of February 2020 , in person , got an email from the HO on august 15 asking for evidence that my daughter hasn’t been out of the country on the estimate time . Evidence sent 4 days after ! Got another email on the 23 of September offering me a free biometrics for me and my daughter stating that they weren’t offering appointments but because of the circumstances etc . I called the biometric number on the email and they offered me and md appointment for 4 days after . On the 2 of November I got the permits . Good luck everybody . May god help you all .

I have a question can I go with this card to Germany for a short visit ?
Hi @ latiffa1989
Thanks for sharing your time lime it will certainly offer hope and inspire. You should be able to use your card together with your passport to travel abroad but obviously you would need to obtain visa for that Country first if required. All the best wishes to you and your family

shooroma
United Kingdom

Post by shooroma » Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:05 am

Joe15 wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:29 pm
Laureen007 wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:37 pm
Joe15 wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Wow this is the fastest I have seen to be granted LTR. They responded within a month? Wow. Were you granted refugee status or 2.5 years?
Thank you. I understand this is quicker than many whom been waiting for years. it took in total 8 Months. or 11 Months if you considering the delays. we were granted 2.5 leave to remain.

Just for me own understanding anyone knows the different between discretionary leave to remain and Normal Leave to remain. my decision letter has no mention of discretionary leave and rather just mentioned 'leave to remain'
Hi @Joe15

Discretionary leave means leave to remain outside the rules, in other words it means not being able to qualify for leave under the immigration rules but because of exceptional circumstances they exercise discretion in granting visa. Hope this helps

SheilaM
England

Post by SheilaM » Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:32 pm

Immy_123aq wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:58 pm
SheilaM wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:05 pm
Have you asked your MP to chase it out for you or sent them a complain with the length your application has taken ? As well do you have any children on your claim ? Hopefully you will hear good news 🙏
I have just written to him but no reply as of yet and yes o have one son whose been in the uk for 10 years and was under 18 when we applied but now older we’ve been in the uk for 10 years now
Hi Immy_123aq I would also send home office a email and also ask solicitor to chase it up. With all departments sending chase up letters they will respond. I also did the same and was like you I have a brother who came as a minor 2015, he lodged asylum first before I did in 2018 with no response and University starting we sent various messages to them within 2 months they responded positively. With your sons age definitely you will get it just they are a bit slow with the pandemic 😷. If the MP within 20 days doesn’t respond write and call him again.

senu14
Sri Lanka

Post by senu14 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:31 am

Joe15 wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Hi Joe 15,

Congratulations for your positive outcome.

I have had almost exact same experience as you. Decision has made in last September sent out to the old solicitor. we did not aware about it until mid October. MP has informed us decision has gone to old solicitor address then i was able to collected it but BRP was delay. After all BRP has sent same address to the old solicitor again and collected end of October.

But I still did not receive my supporting documents back.
Could you please let me know did you got your supporting documents back ?
if yes , was it came separate after decision and BRP ?
If you know how to contact them for retuning documents please let me know ,I have tried many way nothing worked so far.

our Nass support still active and last week got call from them will be stop in soon.

Thank you.

Stillwaiting2020
Cameroon

Post by Stillwaiting2020 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:42 am

How are you doing, I am glad you have your own flat, sorry about your health issues, the email to send it to is RCMPTW@homeoffice.gov.uk make sure what you are sending is not too much, because it will bounce back, except you split it into 2 or 3 and send, hope you receive positive news soon.

Joe15
United Kingdom

Post by Joe15 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:29 pm

senu14 wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:31 am
Joe15 wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Hi Joe 15,

Congratulations for your positive outcome.

I have had almost exact same experience as you. Decision has made in last September sent out to the old solicitor. we did not aware about it until mid October. MP has informed us decision has gone to old solicitor address then i was able to collected it but BRP was delay. After all BRP has sent same address to the old solicitor again and collected end of October.

But I still did not receive my supporting documents back.
Could you please let me know did you got your supporting documents back ?
if yes , was it came separate after decision and BRP ?
If you know how to contact them for retuning documents please let me know ,I have tried many way nothing worked so far.

our Nass support still active and last week got call from them will be stop in soon.

Thank you.
Congratulations on your positive outcome likewise.

It seems like the Home Office tends to fall In the same errors when it comes to sending BRP and decision letters.

We have had some of the supporting documents sent back to our home address separately. they were sent separately after the decision letter. but before BRP.

I was also about to enquire if anyone knows if the HO return back Passports which they have retained in our original Asylum Claim in 2012.

According to the decision letter I am free to travel using my own National Passport (I presume as long as I do not visit the country in which I sought asylum) - if yes, how do I ask the Home office to return them?

Thanks.

Latiffa1989
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Latiffa1989 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:26 am

Hi senu do you know the process for registering your child as citizens. Could Andy body please kindly guide me

MaiJJ
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by MaiJJ » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:06 am

Hi all

Just wondering if anyone has a contact number for Liverpool appeal implementation team or any relevant department?

My appeal was allowed on 5 November 2019 at the First Tier Tribunal, after my further submissions claim was refused. Till date the Home Office has not implemented the judge's decision. I have written to them numerous times, even through my MP but they always have an excuse, with the most recent excuse being 'delays due to COVID-19, so limited staff working. Its so frustrating and I am now at breaking point. I have been waiting 8 years now for this to be sorted as it took them 6years 11months to make a decision on my further submissions.

I would be grateful if anyone has any suggestions on what other steps I can take

Jameel
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by Jameel » Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:38 pm

Hi ya I have send my further submission last year December and I got email asking evidence and I send evidence and then I got letter biometric enrolment I booked appointment March 5th I did fingerprints after that corona lockdown still I’m waiting for my decision if any body know what I want to do next step plz let me know

SheilaM
England

Post by SheilaM » Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:26 pm

@Jameel get your MP and ask your solicitor to chase it up for you.

senu14
Sri Lanka

Post by senu14 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:14 pm

Latiffa1989 wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:26 am
Hi senu do you know the process for registering your child as citizens. Could Andy body please kindly guide me
Hi Latiffa ,
is your child register after 10 years or 5 years stateless. my child has registered via stateless application and done by solicitor.
I don't have much knowledge about application as its all done by solicitor but application called MN1 as i know.

SheilaM
England

Post by SheilaM » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:10 am

MaiJJ wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:06 am
Hi all

Just wondering if anyone has a contact number for Liverpool appeal implementation team or any relevant department?

My appeal was allowed on 5 November 2019 at the First Tier Tribunal, after my further submissions claim was refused. Till date the Home Office has not implemented the judge's decision. I have written to them numerous times, even through my MP but they always have an excuse, with the most recent excuse being 'delays due to COVID-19, so limited staff working. Its so frustrating and I am now at breaking point. I have been waiting 8 years now for this to be sorted as it took them 6years 11months to make a decision on my further submissions.

I would be grateful if anyone has any suggestions on what other steps I can take
Have you tried sending them a PAP letter?

Jameel
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by Jameel » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:24 am

SheilaM wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:26 pm
If I send a email my self wt u think it’s better or shall I ask my Lowyer to send a chase up latter

SheilaM
England

Post by SheilaM » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:30 pm

Jameel wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:24 am
[quote=SheilaM post_id=<a href="tel:1961648">1961648</a> time=<a href="tel:1605637608">1605637608</a> user_id=238599]
If I send a email my self wt u think it’s better or shall I ask my Lowyer to send a chase up latter
[/quote] Yeah that’s Fine send email and complaints, make sure to add your details like reference, address etc. all the Best with your application.

SheilaM
England

Post by SheilaM » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:33 pm

@Jameel that’s absolutely fine, send them complaints and send the email to chase up Further Submissions with all your details.

Latiffa1989
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Latiffa1989 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:49 am

Hi senu can I still register her even if we just got BRP? She is 9 the now will be 10 on September.

Tjam
Afghanistan

Post by Tjam » Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:30 pm

Hi,I need help if someone could do. I made asylum application 3 and half years ago, recently they gave me a positive conclusive grounds on my trafficking claim. But the caseworker at the home office wrote to me asking if I still want to claim asylum, and if I have any child after I claimed asylum. I have been waiting for over 3 years, so I don't actually understand. Can someone explain to me.thanks

Violetsareblue
United Kingdom

Post by Violetsareblue » Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:32 pm

Hello :)
Update: I have now received brp cards after long wait. I’ve also received a letter today that’s says me and my kids are going to be evicted in 28 days. Not the best news for me as we’d have to be moving during festive season but either way I give glory to God.

shooroma
United Kingdom

Post by shooroma » Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:48 pm

Violetsareblue wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:32 pm
Hello :)
Update: I have now received brp cards after long wait. I’ve also received a letter today that’s says me and my kids are going to be evicted in 28 days. Not the best news for me as we’d have to be moving during festive season but either way I give glory to God.

Hi @ Violet , good news that you have now received your biometric cards , at least you can now start making plans to move forward in life . Its going to be a hectic few weeks ahead moving etc but it will be worth it
and like you said give Glory to God . I have also got good news to share

shooroma
United Kingdom

Post by shooroma » Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:12 pm

Hello everyone,

I have an update regarding my case,

I have been granted 30 months Visa,

Below is my timeline,

Applied for asylum and full asylum support in 2013
Asylum refused and all appeal rights exhausted in 2015
served with section 120 notice , liability to removal in July 2020
made further submissions based on child 7 year rule August 2020
Invitation letter to do biometrics received on child 7th birthday in September 2020
Attended Biometrics towards end of September 2020
Received an email from UKVI on 25th November 2020 informing that BRP cards were being sent and will be delivered by TNT in the next few working days with tracking ref number
Received decision letter from HO sent by Royal mail recorded delivery on 26th November 2020 informing that I have been granted visa Until 11 April 2023 and it included information about Council housing and Benefits and that my asylum support and accommodation will be ending in 28 days from date of decision letter.
I am now awaiting delivery of BRP cards which should be anytime this week.
Would like to say thank you for all your prayers and support during the difficult and painful journey and I would like to encourage those that are still going through the process to keep persevering and never give up because your breakthrough is coming and above all I want give glory to God.

Violetsareblue
United Kingdom

Post by Violetsareblue » Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:58 pm

shooroma wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:12 pm
Hello everyone,

I have an update regarding my case,

I have been granted 30 months Visa,

Below is my timeline,

Applied for asylum and full asylum support in 2013
Asylum refused and all appeal rights exhausted in 2015
served with section 120 notice , liability to removal in July 2020
made further submissions based on child 7 year rule August 2020
Invitation letter to do biometrics received on child 7th birthday in September 2020
Attended Biometrics towards end of September 2020
Received an email from UKVI on 25th November 2020 informing that BRP cards were being sent and will be delivered by TNT in the next few working days with tracking ref number
Received decision letter from HO sent by Royal mail recorded delivery on 26th November 2020 informing that I have been granted visa Until 11 April 2023 and it included information about Council housing and Benefits and that my asylum support and accommodation will be ending in 28 days from date of decision letter.
I am now awaiting delivery of BRP cards which should be anytime this week.
Would like to say thank you for all your prayers and support during the difficult and painful journey and I would like to encourage those that are still going through the process to keep persevering and never give up because your breakthrough is coming and above all I want give glory to God.
Congratulations shooroma🤩🤩. After battling for many years, u finally now have ur stay. I’m really happy for you.
I’ve made a decision to stick to my 30 months visa too and withdraw my appeal as I don’t think I’m emotionally strong enough to go through the process.
Please do update us when you receive Your brp because my just says leave to remain but it doesn’t say what type. I’d like to confirm with yours as we have the same visa