ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Salary Query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zion77

Salary Query

Post by zion77 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:26 am

I hope this query is not posted before.

In calculating points for TIER 1 (Gen), is it ok to add up the net salary for 12 months instead of gross salary and corroborate with Bank statments?

Markie

Re: Salary Query

Post by Markie » Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:24 am

the points on salary is based on Gross earnings and not net.

this will be substantiated by you payslip and the net amount rflected in your bank statement.
zion77 wrote:I hope this query is not posted before.

In calculating points for TIER 1 (Gen), is it ok to add up the net salary for 12 months instead of gross salary and corroborate with Bank statments?

amitkddas

Hi

Post by amitkddas » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:09 am

Points are awarded against you Gross and not net. And dont worry about what numbers will be considered, the BHC people will not take a detailed note of how u have claimed ur points. They have to just check ur docs and award points as per their understanding. Cases which are not simple (involve multiple docs frm multiple sources for claiming poitns) may require them to look into ur cover letter and other details jsut to get a start as to how u have claimed points.

Once integra gives an OK to all the docs provided they award points using their own brains and not our cover letters and claims. so just submit all docs properl and sit back ... :)

All The Best

Regards,
Amit

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Salary Query

Post by geriatrix » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:03 pm

zion77 wrote:is it ok to add up the net salary for 12 months instead of gross salary and corroborate with Bank statments?
Bank credits will always reflect net salary, unless your gross = net (i.e.- no tax or other deductions)!!

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

themagger

Post by themagger » Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:26 pm

as the bank statements will show the net pay, which will be substantiated by my salary slip. Then will the case worker consider my net income to calculate my points or will he take gross salary from my slip. I know it is mentioned that the income before tax is considered, but at this time of the year, i cant submit any tax document.
So the question is, do they consider gross salary which is > net salary, for calculating points even if i dont submit tax docs, and submit just bank statements showing net salary transfer into my account and my salary slips showing gross and net salary. I wont qualify if they are going to count my net salary. :?
TIA

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:51 pm

themagger wrote:I know it is mentioned that the income before tax is considered
This should (by itself) answer you own query whthwer it is gross or net salary that is taken into account for calculations!

Isn't gross = salary before tax (or any deductions)? So why would caseworker require a tax document to confirm your "gross" remuneration??

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

themagger

Post by themagger » Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:45 pm

Thanks :), i was just skeptical because there is no proof to show that i submitted the Tax (Gross-Net), but i'm satisfied now, thanks .