ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applied for citizenship, BRP now expired

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sillyslug
Newly Registered
United States of America

Applied for citizenship, BRP now expired

Post by sillyslug » Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:29 pm

Hello,
I applied for citizenship for myself and the kids but their BRP are nearly expired. We had the appointment last month to have the documents verified so now we wait. But what happens in the meantime with their BRP's expiring? We hope to travel when it becomes safer to do so but who knows when we will get the citizenship decision back. Thanks!

srsw

Re: Applied for citizenship, BRP now expired

Post by srsw » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:07 pm

You applied before the BRP expiry date so nothing to worry. Just sit tight & wait until you get your decision.

You can check BC application timelines on this forum to figure out roughly when you may receive your decision.
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Applied for citizenship, BRP now expired

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:38 am

Which BRP’s your kids have? ILR BRP’s do not expire till Dec 2024.
Are your kids born in UK and you registered them as BC after your ILR?
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.