ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British citizenship application already submitted

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

OZ3
Newly Registered
Mood:
Iran

British citizenship application already submitted

Post by OZ3 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:59 am

Hi
I was wondering if someone can help me to tell me what to do about my application that I have applied for citizenship on 06/11/2019 and it’s been over the year already and I have emailed UKVI on 05 /08/20 and I have asked them what’s the status of my application and they’ve applied and they said some application it takes more than 6 months also they’ve mentioned COVID 19 as an excuse as well, what I don’t understand here I have been keep an eye on this site and read people’s timeline most of them they got their decision in just less than 8 weeks specially Indian,Pakistani and someone can explain me why is that, or there’s a different route that they take or just because most of case workers which work for home office are Indian and Pakistani and their nationality are the first which they work on them,even during the lockdown I could see 9/10 of those people who had decisions was that two nationalities.....

secret.simon

Re: British citizenship application already submitted

Post by secret.simon » Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:30 am

Firstly, this website only gives an approximate guide to how long applications take. That is because it is a self-selecting groups of applicants who post their details over here.

Secondly, there are delays in the process due to the pandemic.

Thirdly, you have not mentioned the immigration pathway that you have taken through the UK and the way you got your ILR. Different routes are subject to different checks and levels of scrutiny when it comes to naturalisation applications. For instance, naturalisation applications of former asylum seekers commonly take more than a year, while those who had immigrated to the UK on a work-based visa is likely to be processed, as the checks are likely more simplified.

So there are many reasons why your application could be being processed more slowly.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.