ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Leaving the country during an application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ReturningHome
Newly Registered

Leaving the country during an application

Post by ReturningHome » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:52 pm

Hi,

My wife’s spousal visa expired at the end of October. We applied over a month before to renew, which should be a formality. However, she received a text telling her that the decision wouldn’t be taken within the standard 8 weeks due to the current backlog.

Is she be able to leave the country while the visa application is with the home office? We were planning to have a holiday at the end of the year (COVID permitting) but I expect that this is now off the table.

Thanks in advance for any answer.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Leaving the country during an application

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:20 am

ReturningHome wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:52 pm
Hi,

My wife’s spousal visa expired at the end of October. We applied over a month before to renew, which should be a formality. However, she received a text telling her that the decision wouldn’t be taken within the standard 8 weeks due to the current backlog.

Is she be able to leave the country while the visa application is with the home office? We were planning to have a holiday at the end of the year (COVID permitting) but I expect that this is now off the table.

Thanks in advance for any answer.
If she travels outside the common travel area, it will be taken that her application is withdrawn .

ReturningHome
Newly Registered

Re: Leaving the country during an application

Post by ReturningHome » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:30 am

Thank you for the prompt reply