ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Set (M)-appointment booked with sopra steria Chelmsford

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

atikur
United Kingdom

Dependent's ILR qualifying and some questions.

Post by atikur » Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:15 am

Hi,

I am a British Citizen. My wife is on her second phase of "SPOUSE/PARTNER LEAVE TO REMAIN". She will be qualified to apply for ILR at the end of February 2021 in 5years DEPENDENCY visa route.

So, here I've few questions to the forums.

1. Do I still have to produce my consistency of income (£18600) when she will be making her ILR application.
2. During second extension she sat for A2 english test which covers the ILR english requirements as well. does she still need to sit for the English test when she will be applying for ILR?
3. Her current visa finishes 29/3/2021. So, when can she apply for ILR?

Anybody had gone through this process please share me your experience and some tips and tricks. SO we can prepare ourselves.

Thank you and stay safe in this COVID19 situation.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Dependent's ILR qualifying and some questions.

Post by zimba » Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:49 am

1. Do I still have to produce my consistency of income (£18600) when she will be making her ILR application.
Yes. Income requirement still applies at ILR stage
2. During second extension she sat for A2 english test which covers the ILR english requirements as well. does she still need to sit for the English test when she will be applying for ILR?
ILR English level is min at B1.
3. Her current visa finishes 29/3/2021. So, when can she apply for ILR?
Within 28 days of completing her 5 years, counting from first day of entry to the UK (or the day she switched)
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

atikur
United Kingdom

Post by atikur » Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:41 pm

Thanks Zimba. Sorry she did B1 actually while we applied for second extension. So, can she still use that certificate? or it will be xpired after two years?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:40 am

atikur wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:41 pm
Thanks Zimba. Sorry she did B1 actually while we applied for second extension. So, can she still use that certificate? or it will be xpired after two years?
It can be used
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

atikur
United Kingdom

Set (M) Questions

Post by atikur » Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:29 pm

Hi,

Does anyone know what is the Supporting documents for Set (M) application. I am British citizen and my wife entered to my dependency visa on 12/02/2016 (5years route). So, she is eligible to apply on 15th Jan'21 for ILR based on 28 days early eligibility, isn't she?
I have been looking for the guideline for supporting documents but couldn't find any .
I know she will be needing her English test certificate which we have, Life in the UK certificate which we booked the test for 10th Dec'20. I have to show my proof of income.
Do we need to provide 10 letters of each which we did on her 1st and 2nd extension?

please advise us to get all the supporting docs ready and also how long it is usually takes to get the decision for by post application?

thank you in advance.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Set (M) Questions

Post by seagul » Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:30 pm

atikur wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:29 pm
Hi,

Does anyone know what is the Supporting documents for Set (M) application. I am British citizen and my wife entered to my dependency visa on 12/02/2016 (5years route). So, she is eligible to apply on 15th Jan'21 for ILR based on 28 days early eligibility, isn't she?
I have been looking for the guideline for supporting documents but couldn't find any .
I know she will be needing her English test certificate which we have, Life in the UK certificate which we booked the test for 10th Dec'20. I have to show my proof of income.
Do we need to provide 10 letters of each which we did on her 1st and 2nd extension?

please advise us to get all the supporting docs ready and also how long it is usually takes to get the decision for by post application?

thank you in advance.
Except LIUK test, all supporting documents will be same as you had to supply during your last extension (FLRM).
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:52 pm

seagul wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:30 pm

Except LIUK test & B1 test, all supporting documents will be same as you had to supply during your last extension (FLRM).
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

NadiiaR
Ukraine

Post by NadiiaR » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:34 pm

atikur wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:29 pm
Hi,

thank you in advance.
Hi! By no means I am an expert. However, I just submitted my documents for ILR last Friday.
By the way, I had to wait for about 1 months to get an appointment at UKVCAS, so don't wait for too long. Submit online application as soon as you can according to 28 day rule.
Here is the list of documents I was asked to provide ( all documents have to uploaded online):
My current to travel passport and declaration signed by husband ( you will get it at the end)- mandatory.
The rest was labelled as not mandatory,buy if you don't submit them, you might not get the visa /ILR.
Proof of address for both of us for 2.5! years - 6 joint or to make up for 6 for each person;
Letter from my husband's employer
6 payslips
6 corresponding bank statements, showing salary coming in
Proof of my husband settled ( British) status
Mortgage statement
Council tax
My previous passport (s)
Current BRP

English language test and life in the UK test you submit just code number
In addition to those documents I had added(was not asked to):
Cover letter where I had to explain few things
Our daughter' s birth certificate and British passport
Marriage certificate
Deed poll for change of my name.

I hope it helps.
Good luck!

atikur
United Kingdom

Post by atikur » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:40 am

Thanks for the reply NadiiaR.

I will be applying on 15th Jan'21 (28days before)
I got few questions from your reply. If you don't mind please

# What is UKVCAS appointment? Is it the letter tat they will be sending us for Biometric or it is actual face to face application submission (priority service)?
# As far as I can remember they used to ask 10 correspondence letters for both of us to prove the address, but you said 6. Forgive me if I have forgotten.
# Did they ask Council tax letter and mortgage statement in the application or you have just sent them to support the application?
# Main important question is My wife's passport is out of date ? Do I need to renew it or it doesn't matter (please anybody with professional knowledge, help me here)

Finally do I have to upload all of these supporting letters, documents to online or I have to send them by post?

thank you once again and please let me know if there is any update of the application. I need to see how long it does take.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:07 am

atikur wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:40 am
Thanks for the reply NadiiaR.

I will be applying on 15th Jan'21 (28days before)
I got few questions from your reply. If you don't mind please

# What is UKVCAS appointment? Is it the letter tat they will be sending us for Biometric or it is actual face to face application submission (priority service)? This is a 3rd party company used by HO in angling some aspect of the visa process. This iswhere you will give your biometrics and tender any other thing required after online form filling and submission, priority servicenot available right now.
# As far as I can remember they used to ask 10 correspondence letters for both of us to prove the address, but you said 6. Forgive me if I have forgotten. Cohabitation documents from the last 2 years in both names 6 or 12 if individually, spread at intervals of 3-4 months
# Did they ask Council tax letter and mortgage statement in the application or you have just sent them to support the application? They may be part of the generic documents generated in the online process or supplied by you as part of evidence
# Main important question is My wife's passport is out of date ? Do I need to renew it or it doesn't matter (please anybody with professional knowledge, help me here)
Her passport is supposed to be valid, have you applied for renewal?
Finally do I have to upload all of these supporting letters, documents to online or I have to send them by post? Upload online

thank you once again and please let me know if there is any update of the application. I need to see how long it does take. ?????

NadiiaR
Ukraine

Post by NadiiaR » Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:07 am

1) ILR SET (M) applications are online only now. So you will have to submit your biometrics and upload online documents before 48 h of your appointment. This service costs extra £70. There are some free places in core services, but I think you have to book them like 1am to snatch them. If you choose not to upload your documents, UKVCAS can scan it for you-for money, of course.
Bare in mind, before you scan, each document should be no more than 6 MB size, so you will have to scan it as 150dpi resolution, black and white and might need to split documents in two parts. Go to the section "upload documents" once you booked appointment and see their guidelines. I had to rescan all documents twice as I did not read than section...

2) mortgage statement and council tax was requested by HO as a proof of monthly accomodation costs...

3) even though we are always told to submit proof of cohabitation for 2 years, when I got my automatically generated list of documents it said 2.5years.. that's what I did.
They do ask you 6 letters of proof if all of them address to you and your wife. As it is not always possible, you might have some addressed to both of you ( let's say 2), meaning that you have to provide 4 letters for each of you separately addressed to the same address. In total will be 10 documents. If you don't have any addressed to both of you,then you should submit 6 documents per each person.

4) sorry, not sure about passport as my passports always updated and valid.

5) in terms of how long it took to complete the form... Less than I expected, actually.
Mainly, because now you don't have to enter each holiday abroad that is less than 2 week long.
Hope it helps.

atikur
United Kingdom

Post by atikur » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:55 am

Thank you both AmazonianX and NadiiaR.

I have contacted to homeoffice by phone this morning regarding passport being out of date. the guy said, it doesn't matter and he advised me to put future date in expiry section if it prevents me from going forward.

Does anyone have any email address of them? I am thinking to ask them by email to keep a proof.

We are not bothering to get the passport renewed right now if it is NOT NECESSARY. It may potentially take two and half months to get it renewed and my wife is eligible in 15th Jan.

Scanning and uploading the letters will be pain in the back side (moreover i dont have any scanner).

Can we take pictures using mobile and upload them?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:58 am

There is no immigration helpline. Those advisors are third parties who often give incorrect advice (leading to many cases of refusals reported by members over the years). Don't rely on telephone conversations nor correspondence with the Home Office.

atikur
United Kingdom

Post by atikur » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:35 am

So, I must have to have indated passport?

but what if passport becomes out of date while in the homeoffice. HO still issues the visa. i have never heard HO returned passport to anybody to get the passport renewed to issue the visa. I am just asking for the sake of argument.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:59 am

https://www.gov.uk/long-residence/docum ... st-provide

"You’ll need to provide:
a current passport or other valid travel ID
your biometric residence permit if you have one
all the passports you’ve held during your time in the UK"
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:02 pm

atikur wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:35 am
So, I must have to have indated passport?

but what if passport becomes out of date while in the homeoffice. HO still issues the visa. i have never heard HO returned passport to anybody to get the passport renewed to issue the visa. I am just asking for the sake of argument.
That's why the documents and guidance do make reference to " current or valid as at time of application ".

atikur
United Kingdom

Post by atikur » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:07 pm

It says Current Passport. it didn't mention that passport has to be valid. it should have said Current and valid passport.
I am confused.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:22 pm

atikur wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:07 pm
It says Current Passport. it didn't mention that passport has to be valid. it should have said Current and valid passport.
I am confused.
A current passport = valid passport. i.e If the passport has expired (not current) it would also be invalid. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:24 pm

atikur wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:07 pm
I am confused.
Your argument is ? Can a document be valid when it is not currently in date?

atikur
United Kingdom

Post by atikur » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:43 pm

I got your point. well, i spoke to them again and the lady said HO is accepting out of date passport because of Covid-19. She straightway said No problem just enter future date in expiary section and explain in the application that Due to Covid-19 passport couldn't be renewed. i said I will apply in 15th Jan 2021. She said,No problem.
now just wondering whether i should apply with this passport or i should get it renewed before applying.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:53 pm

atikur wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:43 pm
I got your point. well, i spoke to them again and the lady said HO is accepting out of date passport because of Covid-19. She straightway said No problem just enter future date in expiary section and explain in the application that Due to Covid-19 passport couldn't be renewed. i said I will apply in 15th Jan 2021. She said,No problem.
now just wondering whether i should apply with this passport or i should get it renewed before applying.
I repeat again that HO does NOT have an immigration helpline. You must apply with a valid passport ONLY

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:54 pm

OK, I've found this under the Gov Specified Evidence.

29. If the applicant has not provided their passport or travel document other evidence of nationality can be supplied in the following circumstances only (as indicated by the applicant on their application form):
(a) where the passport or travel document has been lost or stolen;
(b) where the passport or travel document has expired and been returned to the relevant authorities; or
(c) where the passport or travel document is with another part of the Home Office.
30. Alternative evidence as proof of nationality, if acceptable, must be either:
(a) A current national identity document; or
(b) A letter from the applicant’s national government, Embassy or High Commission confirming the applicant’s full name, date of birth and nationality.

As a member has mentioned in an earlier post, I would be cautious regarding information given on the 'help line' as the outsourced agency staff are poorly trained and frequently give incorrect advice and take no responsibility for any consequences.
(Casa, not CR001)

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:05 pm

atikur wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:43 pm
The wiggle room as tendered on this forum is if you have applied for said passport renewal or new one and there is delay to it from your spouseembassy or high commission. You can present correspondence, documents, receipts to show efforts made for renewal.

NadiiaR
Ukraine

Post by NadiiaR » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:00 pm

My strategy always "don't give them any chance for a refusal or doubt". Thus, I personally would try to get a new passport if you can. You said 15th Jan is the earliest date to apply, what is the latest? As you go have usually few extra months on a current visa.

atikur
United Kingdom

Post by atikur » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:44 pm

Thanks everybody for the replies.

I have decided not to apply with 'Out of date' Passport. I shouldn't be giving HO any opportunities to make my case complicated.

My case is very simple. I am British Citizen and my wife had her two extensions and we had only one visit abroad back in 2016. There are no more abroad holidays which lasted more than even a week. We have two kids. One is 6 plus (British) and other one will be about 4 months in 15th Jan ( i didn't apply for his passport yet, name registration booked for 11th Dec and then I'll apply for a passport for him).

last night I had gone through completing the form and i need few advice

# Do I need to send any tenancy agreement (I rented the house from my cousin without any proper agreement). I have been living this house for 12years and my wife joined me 2013 in the same house. We used the same address for last two extensions.
# Shall I mention my wife's HO reference number (I can find it from previous acknowledgement letter, though she has no whatsoever application pending)
# I have council tax letter by my name and wife's name and also utility bills (not recognised company) by my name and wife's name.
Other four letters would not be a problem as well.