ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TFL Fine query for naturalisation application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

PoolX1
Newly Registered

TFL Fine query for naturalisation application

Post by PoolX1 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:28 pm

Dear Members,

Can you please help me with an urgent query regarding my naturalisation application which i am planning to submit today. In December 2014 or January 2015, while travelling on London Underground, i was fined by a ticket inspector for not having a valid oyster card. I received a £100 fine for it and i paid it immediately online. Do i need to declare this or should i leave it as its quite old and it didn't lead to any conviction?

That is the only fine i have ever received in the UK in the last 11 years.

Thank you in advance

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: TFL Fine query for naturalisation application

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:44 pm

Seems like you received a penalty fare notice? Was it £100 or £80??
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

PoolX1
Newly Registered

Post by PoolX1 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:00 pm

Hi Cullinan,

Thank you for your reply. It was £100 as far as i remember. As the oyster card wasn't touched in the inspector took my details and i received a letter few days later in the post about the incident and asking to plead guilty and pay a fine of £100. I pleaded guilty and paid the £100 fine online. The matter was resolved i believe but i am not sure whether to declare this on my application or not. I didn't declare on my ILR application too.
Thanks for your help

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:06 pm

What did the letter exactly say? Do you remember?

Not all penalty for fares could lead to criminal convictions, some are civil. However, in case of london underground- TfL abide by the Greater London Authority Act 1999 -
Schedule 17; The Transport for London Act 2008 - Part 4; and the Criminal
Procedure and Investigations Act 1996.

I need more information as to what the letter said. Was it a penalty fare notice OR Single Justice Procedure Notice??

Looks like it was a SJPN as you plead guilty?
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

PoolX1
Newly Registered

Post by PoolX1 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:13 pm

I think it might be a SJPN. What happens in this case?

Initially i thought of not declaring it but today before submitting the application i was having second thoughts. I was thinking of mentioning this incident on the 'other information' section

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:19 pm

Do not compare ILR with AN. AN falls under the good character requirements.
You do not have to worry about it. It is old and it will NOT impact your case.
I would advise you to declare it in “other penalty” section.