ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance evidence

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Prince32
Newly Registered

Maintenance evidence

Post by Prince32 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:31 pm

Dear all,

I am planning to apply for Tier 1 but have this questions regarding documentary evidence for maintaience of funds.

I have account with ICICI bank. which got sufficient funds(more than 3 lakhs from past three months).

When I check for online printout it is not having Account holder name,which is compulsary as per Tier 1 guidelines.
Other way i found is requesting a physical statement from bank through online.As per the information avaiable it may take 7 days.

1)So my question is how to get this with in time and does this again need to be verified/stamped by bank?

2)Aslo does ICICI bank providing the letter on official paper stating that we are maintaining the required balance from a specified period ? Anybody have format?

3) Are above two things are required? or any one of the two suffice?

Thanks for your help in advance :D

Regards
Prince

taniaferoz
Newly Registered

Re: Maintenance evidence

Post by taniaferoz » Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:35 pm

go through the weblink:http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... intenance/
Prince32 wrote:Dear all,

I am planning to apply for Tier 1 but have this questions regarding documentary evidence for maintaience of funds.

I have account with ICICI bank. which got sufficient funds(more than 3 lakhs from past three months).

When I check for online printout it is not having Account holder name,which is compulsary as per Tier 1 guidelines.
Other way i found is requesting a physical statement from bank through online.As per the information avaiable it may take 7 days.

1)So my question is how to get this with in time and does this again need to be verified/stamped by bank?

2)Aslo does ICICI bank providing the letter on official paper stating that we are maintaining the required balance from a specified period ? Anybody have format?

Thanks for your help in advance :D

Regards
Prince

nishantchawla
Newly Registered

Post by nishantchawla » Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:32 pm

The bank statement for Previous Earning or Maintenance Fund should not be older than 7 days.
Requesting for statements on phone or online might take more than 7 days to deliver. So the best way is to go to the bank and request for the statement. This way you’ll get the statement on time, on the official stationary of the bank and properly stamped.
ICICI Bank provides any kind of letter you want as long as you pay them :lol:
ICICI Bank charges Rs. 100 + Service Tax (total approx Rs. 112) for each statement. They do provide the letter required. You can contact your bank manager for the same.
Both Bank Statement for the last three months and a letter from the bank stating that the funds have been in the account for all days of the past three months are required.

LondonGuy

Post by LondonGuy » Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:28 pm

Dear friends, I have a question here, if the statements provided by the bank is original then do we still need to get them signed & stamped?

In this case do we need the letter from the bank?

mjmani

Prince32's question is a real concern many have

Post by mjmani » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:25 am

Prince32, it is better to ask someone to go to ICICI bank directly and get the letter. Then they can send to you in the fastest courier. It may reach you in 2 or 3 days worst.

As a best practice, it is better to maintain funds where you are current resident rather than in another country.
Best regards,
Mani

hina_France

Post by hina_France » Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:26 pm

nishantchawla wrote:
The bank statement for Previous Earning or Maintenance Fund should not be older than 7 days.
Requesting for statements on phone or online might take more than 7 days to deliver. So the best way is to go to the bank and request for the statement. This way you’ll get the statement on time, on the official stationary of the bank and properly stamped.
ICICI Bank provides any kind of letter you want as long as you pay them :lol:
ICICI Bank charges Rs. 100 + Service Tax (total approx Rs. 112) for each statement. They do provide the letter required. You can contact your bank manager for the same.
Both Bank Statement for the last three months and a letter from the bank stating that the funds have been in the account for all days of the past three months are required.
PLEASE CLARIFY

As far as i know,
Only three months bank statements can work. In case, if the online statements are provided then only the letter from the bank is required.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:50 pm

LondonGuy wrote:Dear friends, I have a question here, if the statements provided by the bank is original then do we still need to get them signed & stamped?

In this case do we need the letter from the bank?
If the statements are original (like the banks post to your correspondence address), then you don't need to get anything else done.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:55 pm

nishantchawla wrote:The bank statement for Previous Earning or Maintenance Fund should not be older than 7 days.
Only if the same account is being used to show both previous earnings and maintenance funds.

If separate accounts are being used as evidence of previous earnings and mainenance funds, then only the maintenance fund account statement must be issued within 7 days preceding the application.
nishantchawla wrote: Both Bank Statement for the last three months and a letter from the bank stating that the funds have been in the account for all days of the past three months are required.
Where is this specified that you need both the statement and the letter too??

Please read the Tier 1 policy guidance *carefully* and get your facts right before you start advising others.

regards

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:04 pm

hina_France wrote: if the online statements are provided then only the letter from the bank is required.
Yes! If the statements are not original or not on bank's letter-headed paper, then a letter from bank must be provided to confirm that the min. balance has been maintained for the required 3 months.

regards

mjmani

Can I show as my dependents join in 1 yr and apply b4 1yr?

Post by mjmani » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:09 am

Hi Friends,
I am applying for Tier 1 in another week. For Maintenance Funds, can I now show as my wife & daughter will join after 1yr from my arrival in UK and then if I decide to bring them earlier than 1yr, is it going to cause any problem?
Best regards,
Mani

vineet.b5

Post by vineet.b5 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:00 am

Hello
I am plannng to apply for tEIR one in Feb, March-2008...
Hence I am planning to maintain fund of Rs. 2.5L for Dec, Jan, Feb.
My doubt is till november I'll be compleleting 1.6L from my salary and balace 0.8L, I am planning to take from my father in 4 entries of 20K each in the months of sep. and oct. Will these four entries of 20Kmatter for BHC? Do I need to mention about these entries in my coverletter? Since I am planning to have these entries in my account in Sep and Oct and showing the maintenance fund for DEC, JAN, FEB; I am doubtfull for these entries.
I am showing maintenance funds in the same account as salary account.

SureShot

Any way Out

Post by SureShot » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:04 am

Hi All, i intend to apply for Tier-1 visa as soon as i can. But the problem is that i have not been maintaining a balance of GBP 2800 in my account. I am in india right now.

Are there any work arounds to it? or i have to deposit money and wait for 3 months to make an application...

Thanks in advance.

mjmani

Post by mjmani » Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:36 pm

SureShot,
No workarounds. This is mandatory. Pls read the guidelines before posting any questions in forum. Guidelines will ans most of your basic questions.
Best regards,
Mani