ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - is the 225 day limit absolute?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

robdylan

ILR - is the 225 day limit absolute?

Post by robdylan » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:26 am

Lots of questions from me, guys.

I gather that when applying for ILR (this is still 3.5 years off for me) you will be required to present a tally of all the days you have spent outside the UK and justify those absences. I have heard that there's a magic number of 225 days (45 per annum) and that you have to be below that.

My question is, is this an absolute requirement, or can you get around it with appropriate justification? My job requires extensive travel throughout the EMEA region and if I keep going at the current pace, over the course of 5 years, I'll probably end up at closer to 350 days out of the country.

Do I need to look for a role that will require less travel in the future, in order to make sure I don't have trouble with ILR?

Any input greatly appreciated.

Rob

katrina

Post by katrina » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:25 pm

Hi

It is not reconfirmed nor is there on HO site about 225 days but according to their calculation it is understood it is 225 days read below the the threads. There is no specific answer.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=29965

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:18 pm

Look up the Immigration Directorate Instructions (IDIs) to caseworkers on UKBA's website. There is scope for discretion and the IDIs lists how and when they can be applied.

robdylan

Post by robdylan » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:32 am

paulp wrote:Look up the Immigration Directorate Instructions (IDIs) to caseworkers on UKBA's website. There is scope for discretion and the IDIs lists how and when they can be applied.
can't seem to find that. Anyone got a link?

Ok, but the general feeling I get is that if you go in there with 300 days, they're likely to show you the middle finger, right? Anyone got any examples to the contrary?

moh4u
Newly Registered

Post by moh4u » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:57 pm

robdylan wrote:
paulp wrote:Look up the Immigration Directorate Instructions (IDIs) to caseworkers on UKBA's website. There is scope for discretion and the IDIs lists how and when they can be applied.
can't seem to find that. Anyone got a link?

Ok, but the general feeling I get is that if you go in there with 300 days, they're likely to show you the middle finger, right? Anyone got any examples to the contrary?
Dear robdylan

In my case i had about 400 days of absence in 5 years of which nearly 200 days were for personal absences and rest of them for professional reasons. and there was no problem for ILR for me. I applied through premium service but they said they cant decide same day and they took nearly 3 months to decide. All depends of the case workers.

Techy
Newly Registered

hi moh4u,

Post by Techy » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:59 pm

hi moh4u,
I am applying for ILR in the begining of october.
I have spent 250 days outside uk in total. Out of which 110 days are unpaid leaves. This is my actual real concern, until I saw your post.

Could you please share your experience and advice me..?
When did you got your ILR..? Please let me know the list of documents you provided for ILR.
A quick response will be very helpful.

thanks and regards,

techy

RSARD
Newly Registered

225 days outside uk for ILR

Post by RSARD » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:11 pm

Can any one tell me is this limit for dependent as well

snow

Post by snow » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:21 pm

Hi Moh

Please can you share your experience ,even mine holidays are more then 200(including paid sundays and saturdays) 37 days are paid holidays .looking forward for reply

robdylan

Post by robdylan » Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:44 pm

well - the story I have just had from an agent (who spent the better part of two hours on the phone to BIA today) is that there is NO upper or lower limit on time out of the country and that EVERYTHING is completely at the Case Worker's discretion. Frightening thought that, innit?

Wish me luck... I go for my Engrish test next month. Hope I pass.

moh4u
Newly Registered

Re: hi moh4u,

Post by moh4u » Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:57 am

[quote="Techy"]hi moh4u,
I am applying for ILR in the begining of october.
I have spent 250 days outside uk in total. Out of which 110 days are unpaid leaves. This is my actual real concern, until I saw your post.

Could you please share your experience and advice me..?
When did you got your ILR..? Please let me know the list of documents you provided for ILR.
A quick response will be very helpful.

thanks and regards,

techy[/quote

Hi techy
I got my ILR in jan 2008 and the doucments i submitted are the

original wp
pay slips for 5 months
letter from the employer about absences
bank statements

I dont think there shoudl be any probllem for u, unless ur absences are for more than 3 monts in any occation.

Best of luck.