ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

INDEFINITE AFTER 5 YEARS

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shakal
Newly Registered

INDEFINITE AFTER 5 YEARS

Post by shakal » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:28 am

Hi there,

One of my friend he is on work permit since 5 years. He is not paid his taxes to the government regularly. And in this 5 years he changed couple of sponser without informing to the authoristies i, e, ho. He worked for the other sponsers not for his original one. So in this case what is the chances of ILR

Need your urgent help he is dreaming for his ILR.

Many Thanks

Siggi

Post by Siggi » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:38 am

I don't know about dreaming,but he's not in the real creul world, infact I think he runs the chance of been deported.

If he's on a work permit he would have had to apply for a new WP each time he changes job's and sponors.

As for not paying taxes, well how was he been paid ? Cash in hand??

My guess is that he is illegal now, probally when he left his original employer.

robdylan

Post by robdylan » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:40 am

not to be too judgemental, but it's guys like your friend who make it so much more difficult for the rest of us, who are determined to play by the rules, however unclear and hard-to-follow they may be.

Siggi

Post by Siggi » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:46 am

Rob you are 100% right!

robdylan

Post by robdylan » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:49 am

Siggi wrote:Rob you are 100% right!
I just recently had to contact HMRC to let them know that I'm not paying enough tax and I would like to pay more. Good to know that my money will be put to work helping those too lazy to pay their share ;)

shakal
Newly Registered

Post by shakal » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:51 am

IN the begining he paid his taxes, after terminaiton he is not able to pay, he worked cash in hand.

robdylan

Post by robdylan » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:53 am

shakal wrote:

IN the begining he paid his taxes, after terminaiton he is not able to pay, he worked cash in hand.
HMRC are always willing to listen if you call them up and tell them you'd like to give them money. Pathetic excuse.

Why was he doing illegal work in the first place?

In fact, I'm not going to argue this point as it won't lead anywhere constructive.

shakal
Newly Registered

Post by shakal » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:54 am

Siggi wrote:I don't know about dreaming,but he's not in the real creul world, infact I think he runs the chance of been deported.

If he's on a work permit he would have had to apply for a new WP each time he changes job's and sponors.

As for not paying taxes, well how was he been paid ? Cash in hand??

My guess is that he is illegal now, probally when he left his original employer.

shakal
Newly Registered

Post by shakal » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:03 am

robdylan wrote:
shakal wrote:

HMRC are always willing to listen if you call them up and tell them you'd like to give them money. Pathetic excuse.

Why was he doing illegal work in the first place?

In fact, I'm not going to argue this point as it won't lead anywhere constructive.
It is any possiblity he can pay more to the hmrc to make his LAST FIVE YEARS taxes clear before appling ILR

Siggi

Post by Siggi » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:06 am

Shakal,
Excuse me, so because he paid some tax in the begining, this does not justify the non payment of taxes now and working cash in hand.

If your friend wishes to be part of society and remain in the UK he better start to play by the law of the land, other wise leave!

Siggi

Post by Siggi » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:11 am

Shakal,
You don't seem to understand your friend is in really deep trouble and not just just because he has'nt paid taxes.
He is also in breach of immigration rule re: work permit.
So no ILR!
The best he can do now is to sort out his WP first, but too many questions are going to be ask and he will get caught out now.

shakal
Newly Registered

Post by shakal » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:32 am

Siggi wrote:Shakal,
You don't seem to understand your friend is in really deep trouble and not just just because he has'nt paid taxes.
He is also in breach of immigration rule re: work permit.
So no ILR!
The best he can do now is to sort out his WP first, but too many questions are going to be ask and he will get caught out now.
Siggi,
What he can do at the movement, he want to pay his mistake price.
In couple of month he is going to apply his ILR. No he is not caught.

Siggi

Post by Siggi » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:42 am

Shakal,
I'm sorry but I don't understand has he been caught already?
I'm afraid he will not be able to right his wrongs on this one and as I have said he now faces deportation and a 10 year ban.

shakal
Newly Registered

Post by shakal » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:53 am

Siggi wrote:Shakal,
I'm sorry but I don't understand has he been caught already?
I'm afraid he will not be able to right his wrongs on this one and as I have said he now faces deportation and a 10 year ban.
Siggi,

Thank you for your precious time and advice.