ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation after settle status Non Eu (separated)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Lucif3r9
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Naturalisation after settle status Non Eu (separated)

Post by Lucif3r9 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:38 pm

Hi
I am non eu national and I have settle status (11m)
Thinking of applying BC but recently someone told me that with settle status you still have to prove 5 year lawful residence
I did some research and find out that I have to prove that before settle status I was family member of Eu nation and Eu national was working during that time
She was working and also I was family member as well , we just recently got separated and I asked her if you could give me documents like p60s but she said no so I have no clue how to prove that she was qualified person at that time
I have searched many threads here but all I could find out was about CSI issue , nothing related non Eu family member documents so in my case she doesn’t need csi as she was working full time all those years but have no way to prove it
Thank you in advance for reading and replying

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Naturalisation after settle status Non Eu (separated)

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:12 pm

You provide your own P60s or other official documents showing residency - naturalisation is about your compliance with the requirements.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Lucif3r9
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Lucif3r9 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:43 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:12 pm
You provide your own P60s or other official documents showing residency - naturalisation is about your compliance with the requirements.
Thank you for your reply , but in guidance it’s say lawful residence and acquiring settle status doesn’t mean you have lawful residence meaning have to prove that was a family member of qualified Eu national before settle status else it wouldn’t consider as lawful residence

Settle status does prove that I was family member but it doesn’t prove that my partner was qualified like PR

So I am just confused what shall I do cos if that’s true I have to wait another 4 years , I wish I would have applied PR instead

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:38 pm

The guidance informs caseworkers - they have discretion to question your evidence if they see fit, as well as discretion to allow your evidence. When you apply the system will ask for your documents, not your sponsor's. By all means upload additional evidence if you feel uncomfortable.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

Lucif3r9
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Lucif3r9 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:43 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:38 pm
The guidance informs caseworkers - they have discretion to question your evidence if they see fit, as well as discretion to allow your evidence. When you apply the system will ask for your documents, not your sponsor's. By all means upload additional evidence if you feel uncomfortable.
Thank you , I don’t have additional evidence :P , one more question when you fill form online they ask you if you have pr under eea rules if you answer yes then they ask you will you apply using pr or settle status ilr but if you answer no then they ask if you have ilr

Which option should I go for ?
As I never applied for pr under Eu rules as family member

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:52 pm

Select ILR (incl. Settled Status) - we don't have sight of the actual screen options.

Mani913
Pakistan

Post by Mani913 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:28 pm

Lucif3r9 wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:38 pm
Hi
I am non eu national and I have settle status (11m)
Thinking of applying BC but recently someone told me that with settle status you still have to prove 5 year lawful residence
I did some research and find out that I have to prove that before settle status I was family member of Eu nation and Eu national was working during that time
She was working and also I was family member as well , we just recently got separated and I asked her if you could give me documents like p60s but she said no so I have no clue how to prove that she was qualified person at that time
I have searched many threads here but all I could find out was about CSI issue , nothing related non Eu family member documents so in my case she doesn’t need csi as she was working full time all those years but have no way to prove it
Thank you in advance for reading and replying
Hello
Can you please let us know the outcome of your application? Although I am not separated but my partner might not be able to comeback to UK for sometime . Although I did check with few Solictors and got an idea that as long as I have settled status (ILR) separation doesn’t matter. But will be goood to check with experts on this form as this form has been very helpful!!