ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Working more than 20 hours

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jbharatrhodes
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nepal

Working more than 20 hours

Post by jbharatrhodes » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:41 pm

Hi,

I am on Tier 4 which expires in 2022 and doing PhD. I have applied for ILR (10 years route) in the end of August and still waiting for it. I am teaching at University as well (10 hours a week) and teaching will finish in the second week of December. I was in Tier 2 before I started PhD in 2018 and the company which sponsored me during that time wants me to work part-time (16 hours a week) and they want me to start either next week. Will I be allowed to work for extra hours (26 hours in total) for three weeks ? Also my PhD is related to the job, which I will be undertaking, so will there be an issue?

Regards

vinny

Re: Working more than 20 hours

Post by vinny » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:23 am

I think that working over the limit during term time is a breach of work conditions , unless
ST 26.2. Students are permitted to undertake work related to a work placement, assessed as an integral part of the course, that meets the requirements at ST 17.1. to ST 17.3.
applies.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

jbharatrhodes
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nepal

Re: Working more than 20 hours

Post by jbharatrhodes » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:49 am

Thank you very much.

I will wait until 2nd week of December when my teaching contract finishes and will start the new job.