ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confirming income for spouse visa extension

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lesleym
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Confirming income for spouse visa extension

Post by lesleym » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:17 pm

Hi all

My husband is on a spouse visa which expires in January 2021 so we will be applying for an extension in December. He is working, but on a zero hours contact but I can meet the £18600 without including his income. My income can be confirmed with 6 months payslips and bank statements and letter from my employer. He gets paid weekly and has payslips and bank statements to confirm. My question is, would it have a negative effect on the application if we don’t include his income?

Thanks in advance, Lesley

as3m
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Confirming income for spouse visa extension

Post by as3m » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:26 pm

Answer is no.

All the best

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:29 pm

lesleym wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:17 pm
Hi all

My husband is on a spouse visa which expires in January 2021 so we will be applying for an extension in December. He is working, but on a zero hours contact but I can meet the £18600 without including his income. My income can be confirmed with 6 months payslips and bank statements and letter from my employer. He gets paid weekly and has payslips and bank statements to confirm. My question is, would it have a negative effect on the application if we don’t include his income?

Thanks in advance, Lesley
No negative effect, rather make the case straight forward and with less paperwork that can confuse case worker.

lesleym
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by lesleym » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:47 pm

Thank you!

lesleym
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by lesleym » Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:53 pm

Hi all, I have another question - I have asked one of the managers at my work for a letter to submit with the application. They have given me a draft copy. I would be grateful if anyone can confirm if it is ok, or if anything needs to be changed or added?

I can confirm that (My name) is employed by (name of employer) and her current job title is xxx. She has been employed in this post since xxx.

(My name) current gross salary is xxxxx per annum.

She has been employed with (name of employer) since xxxxxx on a permanent basis.

(My name) is able to provide payslips and her P60 from (name of employer’s) electronic payroll system.

Thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:58 pm

lesleym wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:53 pm

(My name) is able to provide payslips and her P60 from (name of employer’s) electronic payroll system.

Thanks
All above seems satisfactory except above eccentric sentence which perhaps could either be removed or replaced with a sentence confirming the authenticity/genuineness of the E-payslips.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

lesleym
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by lesleym » Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:03 pm

seagul wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:58 pm
lesleym wrote:

Thanks
All above seems satisfactory except above eccentric sentence which perhaps could either be removed or replaced with a sentence confirming the authenticity/genuineness of the E-payslips.
Thank you, that was the part I wasn’t too sure about. I will ask for it to be changed.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:34 am

lesleym wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:03 pm
seagul wrote:
lesleym wrote:

Thanks
Thank you, that was the part I wasn’t too sure about. I will ask for it to be changed.
May be better to redraft it toexactly what you want it to read as.

lesleym
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by lesleym » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:35 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:34 am
lesleym wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:03 pm
seagul wrote:
lesleym wrote:

Thanks
May be better to redraft it toexactly what you want it to read as.
Thank you, I will do!

lesleym
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by lesleym » Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:44 am

Thanks for all your help so far, I now have another few questions:

I have to send a signed copy of my contract but our contracts are sent via email and are signed electronically so I don’t have a signed copy. Should I get my manager to confirm this on the letter?

My contract has my start date ad 3rd of June 2019 but it was an internal promotion so the actual start date was 1st of May 2019. I have the email confirming this which I can send. Should i get my manager to confirm this in the letter as well?

When we applied to the spouse visa in 2018 we were living with my parent so we had to provide a letter from them confirming that we were living with them, copies of their passports and utility bills. We moved into our own place In November 2019 so have to provide a letter from my parents confirming the dates we lived with them. Is that all we need? (No passports or utility bills?)

Finally, it mentions supplying documents relating to the cost of the property (council tax, mortgage statement). We live in a flat so we pay factors fees, do we need to send our invoices from the factor? If so, do we need to send all (from November 2019) or just the latest (due in a few days)?

Thanks in advance for your help

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:52 am

lesleym wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:44 am

I have to send a signed copy of my contract but our contracts are sent via email and are signed electronically so I don’t have a signed copy. Should I get my manager to confirm this on the letter? Electronic signature is allowed, you can also get manager to confirm if agree to it.

My contract has my start date ad 3rd of June 2019 but it was an internal promotion so the actual start date was 1st of May 2019. I have the email confirming this which I can send. Should i get my manager to confirm this in the letter as well? You may

When we applied to the spouse visa in 2018 we were living with my parent so we had to provide a letter from them confirming that we were living with them, copies of their passports and utility bills. We moved into our own place In November 2019 so have to provide a letter from my parents confirming the dates we lived with them. Is that all we need? (No passports or utility bills?)

Finally, it mentions supplying documents relating to the cost of the property (council tax, mortgage statement). We live in a flat so we pay factors fees, do we need to send our invoices from the factor? If so, do we need to send all (from November 2019) or just the latest (due in a few days)?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:37 pm

lesleym wrote:

1. I have to send a signed copy of my contract but our contracts are sent via email and are signed electronically so I don’t have a signed copy. Should I get my manager to confirm this on the letter?

2. My contract has my start date ad 3rd of June 2019 but it was an internal promotion so the actual start date was 1st of May 2019. I have the email confirming this which I can send. Should i get my manager to confirm this in the letter as well?

3. When we applied to the spouse visa in 2018 we were living with my parent so we had to provide a letter from them confirming that we were living with them, copies of their passports and utility bills. We moved into our own place In November 2019 so have to provide a letter from my parents confirming the dates we lived with them. Is that all we need? (No passports or utility bills?)

4. Finally, it mentions supplying documents relating to the cost of the property (council tax, mortgage statement). We live in a flat so we pay factors fees, do we need to send our invoices from the factor? If so, do we need to send all (from November 2019) or just the latest (due in a few days)?

1&2) You actually don't need to send any contract document when attaching an employer letter.
3) since you are living now independently so all these wouldn't be needed rather your own property ownership documents such as mortgage statement & title register would be needed.
4) Really doesn't matter but your latest part of cohabitation documents must have been updated to your new residence.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

lesleym
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by lesleym » Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:53 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:52 am
lesleym wrote:

I have to send a signed copy of my contract but our contracts are sent via email and are signed electronically so I don’t have a signed copy. Should I get my manager to confirm this on the letter? Electronic signature is allowed, you can also get manager to confirm if agree to it.

My contract has my start date ad 3rd of June 2019 but it was an internal promotion so the actual start date was 1st of May 2019. I have the email confirming this which I can send. Should i get my manager to confirm this in the letter as well? You may

Thanks!

lesleym
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by lesleym » Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:57 pm

seagul wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:37 pm
lesleym wrote:

1. I have to send a signed copy of my contract but our contracts are sent via email and are signed electronically so I don’t have a signed copy. Should I get my manager to confirm this on the letter?

2. My contract has my start date ad 3rd of June 2019 but it was an internal promotion so the actual start date was 1st of May 2019. I have the email confirming this which I can send. Should i get my manager to confirm this in the letter as well?

3. When we applied to the spouse visa in 2018 we were living with my parent so we had to provide a letter from them confirming that we were living with them, copies of their passports and utility bills. We moved into our own place In November 2019 so have to provide a letter from my parents confirming the dates we lived with them. Is that all we need? (No passports or utility bills?)

4. Finally, it mentions supplying documents relating to the cost of the property (council tax, mortgage statement). We live in a flat so we pay factors fees, do we need to send our invoices from the factor? If so, do we need to send all (from November 2019) or just the latest (due in a few days)?

1&2) You actually don't need to send any contract document when attaching an employer letter.
3) since you are living now independently so all these wouldn't be needed rather your own property ownership documents such as mortgage statement & title register would be needed.
4) Really doesn't matter but your latest part of cohabitation documents must have been updated to your new residence.
Thanks, I had it in my head that I had to send the contract. If its not required i’ll leave it out as it would cause more confusion. We have the mortgage statement and title deeds so that part is fine, and we have all the required cohabitation documents.

lesleym
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by lesleym » Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:47 pm

Hi everyone, sorry I have another question!

I have started the online application for my husband’s spouse visa extension. I have got to the question that asks “Is this the first time you have applied for a partner route, or an extension, with your current partner (including as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner)?

I have answered no as he originally came to the UK on a fiancé visa in Feb 2018 and then applied and was granted the Spouse visa in July 2018.

The next question is “Please choose the reason you are applying for an extension, this includes if you are switching to a partner visa from another type.“

I have answered additional extension as a partner.

I just wanted to check that I have selected the correct options based on our situation?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Lesley

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:30 pm

What are the other options available?
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

lesleym
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by lesleym » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:33 am

Korekt wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:30 pm
What are the other options available?
The other options are:

First extension as a partner (following an initial period of entry as a partner, or as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner of a settled person)

First application as a partner from within the UK (for example, you are currently in the UK on another type of visa or permission to stay)

You delayed your travel to the UK by more than 3 months after the issue of a visa and have not yet completed the required amount of time on a partner visa (not including as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner)

You require more time to meet the Knowledge of Language and Life in the UK requirements to apply for settlement

You were granted entry as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner, but have not yet married or entered into a civil partnership

You are applying for any other reason

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:42 pm

The option you chose is fine.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

lesleym
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by lesleym » Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:18 pm

Korekt wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:42 pm
The option you chose is fine.
Thank you!

lesleym
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by lesleym » Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:08 pm

Hi everyone, thanks for all your help so far.

We have submitted my husband’s spouse visa application on 23rd December and I am now uploading the documents. I just wanted to check the joint documents I am going to submit as proof of co-habitation are ok. We have documents dated March, July and November 2019 and March, July and November 2020. Is that ok?

Lesley

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:08 pm

lesleym wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:08 pm

We have submitted my husband’s spouse visa application on 23rd December and I am now uploading the documents. I just wanted to check the joint documents I am going to submit as proof of co-habitation are ok. We have documents dated March, July and November 2019 and March, July and November 2020. Is that ok? Why don't you list all proof of cohabitation including the months?

Lesley
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

lesleym
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by lesleym » Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:38 pm

TODMATT wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:08 pm
lesleym wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:08 pm

We have submitted my husband’s spouse visa application on 23rd December and I am now uploading the documents. I just wanted to check the joint documents I am going to submit as proof of co-habitation are ok. We have documents dated March, July and November 2019 and March, July and November 2020. Is that ok? Why don't you list all proof of cohabitation including the months?

Lesley
We have the following joint documents:

Clydesdale Bank statement dated 1st March 2019
Clydesdale Bank statement dated 1st July 2019
Mortgage Welcome Letter from Natwest dated 7th November 2019
Council Tax bill dated 9th March 2020
Yorkshire Building Society Savings Account Statement dated 21st July 2020
Natwest Mortgage statement dated 6th November 2020.

My husband’s original visa was granted on 19th July 2018 and we applied for the extension on 23rd December 2020.

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:52 pm

Which of the above belongs to the applicant and sponsor ? and you need evidence of cohabitation for the last 2 years? the above is not enough since his leave was granted in July 2018? and you only have evidence from march 2019?
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

lesleym
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by lesleym » Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:01 pm

TODMATT wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:52 pm
Which of the above belongs to the applicant and sponsor ? and you need evidence of cohabitation for the last 2 years? the above is not enough since his leave was granted in July 2018? and you only have evidence from march 2019?
My husband is the applicant and I am the sponsor. I thought we had to cover the 2 years prior to the application and it had to be 3-4 months apart?

lesleym
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by lesleym » Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:29 pm

lesleym wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:01 pm
TODMATT wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:52 pm
My husband is the applicant and I am the sponsor. I thought we had to cover the 2 years prior to the application and it had to be 3-4 months apart?
I have looked again at the documents we have, to cover January 2019 to December 2020 we have:

Clydesdale Bank statement dated 3rd January 2019
Clydesdale Bank statement dated 1st May 2019
Mortgage Offer from Natwest dated 7th October 2019
Council Tax bill dated 9th March 2020
Yorkshire Building Society Savings Account Statement dated 21st July 2020
Invoice from Factor dated 8th December 2020

All documents are in joint names of my husband (the applicant) and myself (the sponsor). Do these documents cover the co-habitation requirement?