ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

travel this week

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Fivem
Egypt

travel this week

Post by Fivem » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:03 pm

hi, i applied for naturalisation last September , am still waiting for my decision but due to one of my relative sickness state i want go for visit to my country. as government guidanse about essential travel during this period, do you think if i go abroad this week that might effect my naturalisation.Thank you.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: travel this week

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:17 pm

You are allowed to travel after submitting your application.
If possible have someone here monitor your post office mail just in case UKVI contact you that way.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:21 pm

From 5 November to 2 December 2020, travelling away from home, including internationally, is restricted from England except in limited circumstances such as for work or for education. Different rules apply in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. You must follow all the rules that apply to you.
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-advi ... oronavirus
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Fivem
Egypt

Post by Fivem » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:26 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:21 pm
From 5 November to 2 December 2020, travelling away from home, including internationally, is restricted from England except in limited circumstances such as for work or for education. Different rules apply in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. You must follow all the rules that apply to you.
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-advi ... oronavirus
Thank you both for your reply, Cullinan, i called the airways and told that i can travel but i am still confused about the above rules.if i travel next week ,does it mean i could face problem with my application.Thank you.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:28 pm

You will only face problem if you are fined (by court) or prosecuted for any breach of lockdown conditions.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Fivem
Egypt

Post by Fivem » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:35 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:28 pm
You will only face problem if you are fined (by court) or prosecuted for any breach of lockdown conditions.
Thank you Cullinan, Can i have fine if i travel abroad.Do usually ask for the reason before your travel, it seems difficult to find obvious answer to that as the matter is confused.what about travelling after 2nd of December.Thank you

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:39 pm

The above restriction is only until 2nd Dec in England for now unless it is extended or altered after 2nd Dec. For now, international outbound is banned in England except work. I can not say what will happen if you travel now as all this is pretty new. The decision is yours. I can only quote what the gov guidance say.

Fivem
Egypt

Post by Fivem » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:42 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:39 pm
The above restriction is only until 2nd Dec in England for now unless it is extended or altered after 2nd Dec. For now, international outbound is banned in England except work. I can not say what will happen if you travel now as all this is pretty new. The decision is yours. I can only quote what the gov guidance say.
Thank you Cullinan.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:20 pm

Work and emergency travel is permitted. I am not sure what classifies as emergency travel though. All other international outbound is banned till 2nd Dec in England.
In England, leaving home in order to travel for holidays can be punished by a fine, with penalties starting at £200 and going up to £6,400.

Fivem
Egypt

Post by Fivem » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:53 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:20 pm
Work and emergency travel is permitted. I am not sure what classifies as emergency travel though. All other international outbound is banned till 2nd Dec in England.
In England, leaving home in order to travel for holidays can be punished by a fine, with penalties starting at £200 and going up to £6,400.
Thank you Cullinan for your kind reply. The Term Emergency still is not clear.thanks.