ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Born Baby Papport

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rajsingh216
Newly Registered

New Born Baby Papport

Post by rajsingh216 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:25 am

Hi All,

I am currently on Work Permit. My baby was born in April in UK. We have just made her passport. I am planning to apply for Tier 1 general application. Can someone please advice do I need to stamp my baby's passport with my Work Permit first and then apply for Tier 1 application?

Regards
Raj

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:41 pm

If you wish to apply for Tier 1 dependent for your child along with your own Tier 1 application, then I believe you'll need to get a WP dependent leave for your child.

On the other hand, you can delay applying for any kind of leave for the child right now, and apply for Tier 1 dependent leave for your child either when you have been granted Tier 1 or when the child needs to travel outside UK (whichever is later). Read para 12 of Annex P - General guidance.

See also Section 4a - Children born in the United Kingdom who are not British Citizens
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

kapoor@yahoo.com

Post by kapoor@yahoo.com » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:46 pm

1. In case you are applying for Tier1 soon -
Apply for Tier1 depedent for child along with your Tier1 Application - in that case you need not to pay extra 395£ for depedent's application.

2. Otherwise, go for WP dependent route ( I assume your company will bear the cost of child Visa)

rajsingh216
Newly Registered

Post by rajsingh216 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:49 pm

Thanks for the reply Sushdmehta.

Anyone surely knows whether I definitely need my baby's Work Permit stamping done beforehand and then I apply for my Tier 1 application with my dependent (wife + baby).

Regards
Raj

rajsingh216
Newly Registered

Post by rajsingh216 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:53 pm

Is there any home office telephone number where I can find out answer of my queries?

Raj

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:02 pm

If you read the guidance or the information on the UKBA website *carefully*, you'll know for sure on you own!!! See How you can switch in to the dependant route. Note that you can apply for family members to switch to Tier 1 dependent status only if they are in UK as your dependents.

So (as far as I understand), if you wish to apply for your child as a Tier 1 dependent alongwith your own application, then he must have a current leave as a dependent. To get a WP dependent leave for your child, you'll have to shell out 395 quids, so there is no net savings (contrary to what is suggested above) even if you apply for your child's dependent status along with your own Tier 1 application.

On th other hand, if your wife is here as a WP dependent, then you can include her application with yours and save the 395 quids for (her) dependent application.

Call up UKBA customer care. Number available on UKBA website.

regards

rajsingh216
Newly Registered

Post by rajsingh216 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:43 pm

Thanks for your reply Sushdmehta.

I just spoke to Dave from UKBA customer Care. He has confirmed that since the passpost is new and there is nothing in it I can apply for Tier 1 application for my baby with my Tier 1 application.

So I am confused. The only thing I don't want to happen to me I apply and I get rejected for this reason.

Regards
Raj

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:53 pm

Then why not apply for your child's leave close to the time that the child needs to travel outside the UK ... as advised earlier.

Saves you from all risks, and there's no ifs and buts!

regards