ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa - Evidences

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Nura_lvss
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa - Evidences

Post by Nura_lvss » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:15 pm

Hello All!

Hope you are staying safe and well ! I have got few questions I wanted to Clarify. Apologies if these are mentioned elsewhere, I have made my honest attempt to read many threads possible.

I'm British Citizen and getting married (2nd marriage) in India soon. When I started to work on the application , I have noticed that the application itself list's set of Documents to be provided. However, I could see I need to provide additional documentation, I have tried listing everything down. However, I started to feel it may not be an exhaustive list.

i.e Under Mandatory Category - Passports and on the other Documents Category, I have got below.

1- NARIC Letter
2. Degree certificate of the applicant
3. Relationship status on both sides
3. Proof of Relationship
4. Proof of British Citizenship

[b]Finances[/b]
I could only find these. Apart from that I could make out few I need to submit based on https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/proof-income

As I'm going down the route of more than £18,600, I will produce the evidence of below

5. bank statements showing you or your partner’s income ( [b]Question [/b]- does it need to be printed in Bank or only the postal statements, Can it be downloaded and submitted)
6. 6 months of payslips
7. a letter from an employer, dated and on headed paper

[b]Question[/b] I have seen some posts mentioning the savings account and "a" minimum balance maintained which can be another proof - I suppose I don't need that - please confirm.

[b]Sponsorship form Question[/b] : Is this form required for Spouse Visa as well?

[b]Proof of Relationship[/b]
8. Evidence of call logs
9. Evidence of Messages
10. Photos together
[Question]: Though we have met previously during my visits , we haven't taken any photos or have evidence of that, Application asks when I have met her first time etc, If i'm furnishing the details, then I dont have any evidence to prove. please advice if i should just mention it in the cover letter but not in application.

[b]Children[/b]

Though this page mentions about details I need to furnish about children,
https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/provide-information, I don't think my application asked anything about children except on the finances page where I have mentioned about child maintenance. I'm bit confused about this part on where do I provide these details in application- please advice.

[b][Miscellaneous][/b]

I could gather below from the posts and this is what worries me, There is no mention of
-Rental agreement
-Landlord letter of no objection
-Address proof ( utility Bill?)

i'm planning to provide those but i'm just worried if i'm missing any evidence/supporting documents.

Apologies on long winded ask - I've categorised it so that it could be useful for anyone in Future

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse Visa - Evidences

Post by seagul » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:32 pm

Applicant would also have to undergo a TB test at UKVI approved centre. See below:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... g-in-india

There is no requirement of maintaining any fund for this type of visa. Regarding having no substantial relationship evidence then better to state that relationship was started from the date of marriage.
And regardless of the case make sure to attach the accomodation related documents. Hopefully it will clear your confusion.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:16 am

As you were previously married and appear to have sponsored a spouse for a visa in 2015, you will also be required to submit mandatory proof that you are free to marry, ie divorce decree absolute.

Hopefully your second marriage was conducted after your divorce decree absolute date.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Nura_lvss
Newly Registered

Post by Nura_lvss » Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:10 am

Hi CR001,

yes, I've got decree absolute is couple of years back. Thank you very much for clarifying!

Question about Children : The guidance page talks about submitting information about Children's passport details, who do they live with , How often i see them etc. However, the application form doesn't seem to ask about it.( only asked about dependent maintenance - which goes as child maintenance), I was wondering if I should furnish the details just in the cover letter

Nura_lvss
Newly Registered

Post by Nura_lvss » Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:12 am

[quote=seagul post_id=1963087 time=1605994345 user_id=134400]
Applicant would also have to undergo a TB test at UKVI approved centre. See below:

There is no requirement of maintaining any fund for this type of visa. Regarding having no substantial relationship evidence then better to state that relationship was started from the date of marriage.
And regardless of the case make sure to attach the accomodation related documents. Hopefully it will clear your confusion.
[/quote]

Hi Seagul,

Thanks for clarifying !
we have been chatting for last couple of years over whatsapp and calls. Would that mean that the relationship started two years before ( I can produce whatsapp messages and call logs as evidence )?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:53 am

Nura_lvss wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:12 am
seagul wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:32 pm

Hi Seagul,

Thanks for clarifying !
we have been chatting for last couple of years over whatsapp and calls. Would that mean that the relationship started two years before ( I can produce whatsapp messages and call logs as evidence )?
If you are confident of having sufficient subsisting relationship evidences then may make the baseline from that point. However, one thing keep in mind that calls & text alone aren't are the only ways of proving the relationship rather these need to be conflated with other sources too.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Nura_lvss
Newly Registered

Post by Nura_lvss » Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:13 pm

CR001, Seagul,

Could you please let me know your opinion on this question?

Children:

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/provide-information, I don't think my application asked anything about children except on the finances page where I have mentioned about dependent child amount I'm paying.

I'm bit confused about this guidance note, I was wondering if I would need to mention it in the covering letter and provide subsequent evidences ?

Nura_lvss
Newly Registered

Post by Nura_lvss » Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:23 pm

CR001, Seagul,

Could you please let me know your opinion on this question?

Children:

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/provide-information,

[highlight=yellow]You’ll need to give details of your children (and your partner’s children if you have one). You’ll be asked about all children, even if they’re not applying.

You’ll need to give details of:

their name
their nationality
their date of birth
their passport details
who the child normally lives with
any other people with parental responsibility for your child, for example your step children’s other parents
how you’re involved in their day to day life
arrangements you have to see the child - for example the courts have granted you access
the child’s extended family
any countries your child has visited or lived in[/highlight]

I don't think my application asked anything about children except on the finances page where I have mentioned about dependent child amount I'm paying.

I'm bit confused about this guidance note, I was wondering if I would need to mention it in the covering letter and provide subsequent evidences ?