ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel while visa application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tyrion463
Newly Registered

Travel while visa application

Post by tyrion463 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:25 pm

Hi,

I am a British passport holder my wife is switching visa to FLR M, got appointment to submit Biometrics next week. She does have current visa until Feb.

Can she travel abroad ? it’s for a treatment that is not available in UK.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Travel while visa application

Post by seagul » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:40 pm

tyrion463 wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:25 pm
Hi,

I am a British passport holder my wife is switching visa to FLR M, got appointment to submit Biometrics next week. She does have current visa until Feb.

Can she travel abroad ? it’s for a treatment that is not available in UK.
No she can't travel otherwise her application would be treated as withdrawn. However, if she still holding a valid visa which isn't subjected to be cancelled on travelling (which might happens where if someone is still holding the PBS dependant visa after the main sponsor has acquired ILR through long residence) then can cancel the application before biometrics.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Travel while visa application

Post by seagul » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:43 pm

Also there is a ban on travelling including overseas journey but if that is related to medical treatment then most likely wouldn't be intervened.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.