ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance fund in saving account

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

xiaowei

Maintenance fund in saving account

Post by xiaowei » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:53 pm

I have saving account where I deposit money every month. There is no daily expense transations on the statements.
so my question is that
Can I use my saving account bank statements as proof of maintenance fund?
Thanks

Kaff
Member of Standing

Post by Kaff » Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:05 pm

If those funds are readily available for you to use and bank can provide a letter stating that then you surely can!
Kaff

xiaowei

Post by xiaowei » Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:12 pm

Thanks for the reply.
The bank statements can show that there have been money going in and out. But the transations are not for shopping instead they are just saving money in or take money out.
Do you think it would be ok to show them that money can be used at any time?
Thanks

su.harish
Newly Registered

Answer Regarding your Maintenance Fund q's

Post by su.harish » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:55 pm

Hi, As far as you are having GBP2800 in your savings account for minimum three months period, then very well you can use that statement to show as a proof. But remember, then balance shouldn't have fall GBP 2800 in last three months at any given point of time.

Have a look at the following site for information about what documents you require.

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... rguidance/

Good Luck.

xiaowei

Post by xiaowei » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:43 am

I am applying in the UK and the bank statements are UK banks. Should I just show £800?

su.harish
Newly Registered

Post by su.harish » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:47 am

Yes, if you are in UK, then you need to show just 800GBP.

Asif786

Post by Asif786 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:57 pm

You could also maintain 2800 pounds split in two different banks for the same 3 months period.

moneypenny

discrepancies between bank accounts

Post by moneypenny » Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:44 pm

I am looking to apply for my tier one visa from a fresh talent visa in early december.

I currently have 2 bank accounts in the UK, one is a CASH ISA for savings and the second is my current account. I have just over £1100 in my CASH ISA and have had that amount in place since late August, meaning it will have been in place for 3 months prior to my application.

However my current account has an overdraft limit on it and I generally go into slightly at the end of every month, since the time when my savings will be monitored I have yet to go more than £200 overdrawn. (that was only due to flatmates being late paying bills, it was only over by that much for a day)

Does anyone think this will make the Home Office likely to refuse my application? Or have any experience in a similar situation? If you balance the accounts out I am always more then £900 in savings. So I don't see any reason why there should be a problem! I prefer to have the money in savings earning interest...

Let me know if you have any insight!

Cheers!