ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pre action protocol - two applicants

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ti_abbasi2002
United Kingdom

Re: Pre action protocol - two applicants

Post by ti_abbasi2002 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:23 am

BigMo wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:41 am
We have been asked to re-submit passports so hoping it would be good news (fingers crossed!).
Good luck🤞

ti_abbasi2002
United Kingdom

Post by ti_abbasi2002 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:01 pm

BigMo wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:41 am
We have been asked to re-submit passports so hoping it would be good news (fingers crossed!).
Any update after submission of ur passport?

Can u plz tell me after how many days u were asked to re-submit passports when u submitted additional documents?

BigMo
United Kingdom

Post by BigMo » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:50 am

We submitted the passports over two weeks ago but have not yet heard anything back yet. I have included below a high level timeline for the application process:

Initial application: 25/02/2020
Refusal: 03/03/2020
PAP submitted: 04/05/2020
PAP acknowledgement and asking for more time (due to Covid): 14/05/2020
PAP accepted/decision withdrawn and reconsideration agreed: 16/06/2020
Deadline for reconsideration: 16/10/2020 (they asked for four months to reconsider due to Covid)
Request for additional documents: 12/08/2020
Additional documents submitted: 22/08/2020
Asked to resubmit passports: 07/10/2020
Passports submitted: 09/10/2020
Visa issuance decision email: Awaiting

Are you awaiting decision post docs submission as well?

Hope this helps!

BigMo
United Kingdom

Post by BigMo » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:04 am

Just a brief follow up, I have escalated this using the paid email. Lets see if that gets a response from the right team!

ti_abbasi2002
United Kingdom

Post by ti_abbasi2002 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:16 pm

BigMo wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:50 am
We submitted the passports over two weeks ago but have not yet heard anything back yet. I have included below a high level timeline for the application process:

Initial application: 25/02/2020
Refusal: 03/03/2020
PAP submitted: 04/05/2020
PAP acknowledgement and asking for more time (due to Covid): 14/05/2020
PAP accepted/decision withdrawn and reconsideration agreed: 16/06/2020
Deadline for reconsideration: 16/10/2020 (they asked for four months to reconsider due to Covid)
Request for additional documents: 12/08/2020
Additional documents submitted: 22/08/2020
Asked to resubmit passports: 07/10/2020
Passports submitted: 09/10/2020
Visa issuance decision email: Awaiting

Are you awaiting decision post docs submission as well?

Hope this helps!
After getting response of reconsideration on Pap on 6th July, they didn't contact us even though we sent paid email n got reply they are escalating our query with relevant department and we got a reply from Abu Dhabi UKVI dat our case is wid decision making team. Then again we raised the query that we r waiting from very long n we heard nothing yet as a result we got reply on 14th October "we should submit latest bank statements n other documents coz these documents are out of dated before 24th October" we sent requested documents and got a acknowledgement from UKVI Abu Dhabi receipt of requested documents n waiting for next steps🤞

Please note: if u r following up after paid email then you don't need to send ur query through paid email again. Next time just reply to that message free of charge.

BigMo
United Kingdom

Post by BigMo » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:30 pm

Ah right, it seems it is the Abu Dhabi team that is being the bottleneck in all cases. we would've expected the passports back by now (given it has been over two weeks) but no update yet. Will keep in mind the follow up point. Do you just reply back to their email to follow up or is there a particular email address you need to use?

Best of luck!

ti_abbasi2002
United Kingdom

Post by ti_abbasi2002 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:05 pm

BigMo wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:30 pm
Ah right, it seems it is the Abu Dhabi team that is being the bottleneck in all cases. we would've expected the passports back by now (given it has been over two weeks) but no update yet. Will keep in mind the follow up point. Do you just reply back to their email to follow up or is there a particular email address you need to use?

Best of luck!
Just reply to email which will come from UK Visas and Immigration n they are bound to u reply back each time u would send follow up email.

BigMo
United Kingdom

Post by BigMo » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:51 am

Okay thank you.

We did get the visa issued email this morning - lets see how long it now takes to collect the passports ha; hopefully not another three weeks!

Kam321
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Kam321 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:50 pm

Many congrats @BigMo.
So all the the hard word has finally paid off.
Did you file a single PAP for both your Mum and Dad or two separate applications?

BigMo
United Kingdom

Post by BigMo » Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:25 am

Thank you, it was single PAP letter cover both.

London22
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by London22 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:48 pm

BigMo wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:06 am
Hi all,

Rather frustratingly, HO have refused my parents' application for a 6 months visa for a second time. The reasons noted are fairly trivial (and in at least two instances not consistent with the submitted information). I am considering submitting a PAP (and liaising with a lawyer on this as well) but also keen to take into account the Forum's views so I can make an informed decision. I have set out below this in more detail. Any relevant thoughts/comments/experiences will be appreciated.

Background
- Parents live in Pakistan
- Father is a retired bank employee, now runs an agricultural farm
- Mother is a housewife
- Have a younger sister (married and settled in Pakistan
- Myself (also the Sponsor), live & work in the UK - both British Nationals (I am naturalised; my wife is British
citizen by birth)

First application
- My parents applied to visit in autumn 2018. I sponsored the visit.
- We provided the information in relation to my income and ability to sponsor, including remittances to my
father.
- Whilst we included the land ownership documents in Pakistan, we did not provide any additional
documents to demonstrate my father's financial circumstances.
- The applications were refused as we did not present an accurate reflection of my father's financial
circumstances (i.e. economic ties in home country).

Second application
- My parents reapplied in Feb 2020.
- We submitted the previously omitted information in relation to my father's financial circumstances,
including:
> Bank statements demonstrating remittance from the UK (c.PKR 1,440,000)
> Bank statements demonstrating regular income from sale of milk to a well known Swiss multinational
(including a letter from this company confirming our status as regular supplier, and the bank account
showing transactions with this multinational milk company) - this income is c.PKR 400,000 p.a.
> We also provided details of income from sale of sugarcane (seasonal). The Mill issues Computerised
Payments Receipts ("CPRs"), which can be 'cashed' at their local bank branch, or deposited to bank for
direct bank transfer from the Mill's bank accounts. In relation to this, we included a cover letter
explaining that Pakistan, being a predominantly cash based economy, we would normally cash out the
CPRs rather than depositing them in the bank account (this is common practice). Some of the CPRs
were deposited to my father's bank account, others were not.
> We further included land ownership documents, and provided details of family in Pakistan (my
maternal grandparents, my sister, cousins etc).
> I was the sponsor (again this was not challenged so not going into this too much here).

Refusal
The second application was also refused. Extracts from the refusal (and my comments) below:

I am aware that you were previously refused entry clearance on xx/xx/xxxx under
visa application number xxxx. I have considered your previous application
in addition to the documents and information you have submitted in this application
and I am not satisfied that you have met the Immigration Rules on this occasion for
the reasons set out below.

 The onus is on you to qualify for entry clearance based on your own circumstances
and your own intentions. You have said that your son will help you with this visit by
paying £800 towards the cost of your trip and providing you with accommodation
whilst you are in the United Kingdom. While I take that into account in assessing your
proposed maintenance and accommodation in the UK, this is only one aspect of the
visitor rules and this sponsorship does not satisfy me of your own intention to leave
the UK on completion of your visit.

 You have applied for a visa to visit your son in the UK for 1 month and 4 days. I
recognise that family visits are important however, I must consider the information
regarding your sponsor’s support of your visit separately in my assessment of your
application. In order to assess your intentions I must consider your circumstances in
your home country based on the information you have provided with your application.

 You state that you are self-employed as a farmer of dairy and agriculture and you
have an annual income of PKR1,000,000 (£5,052.86). You also state that have an
additional annual income of PKR1,440,000 (£7,276.13) from family and I am satisfied
that you receive this income. In support of your application, you have submitted two
bank statements in your name from bank (account number ending xxxx and xxxx).
You have also submitted a number of receipts from xxxxx Mills. However,
the bank statements provided do not demonstrate that you receive these funds as I
note that the deposits in the accounts do not reflect the amounts on these receipts We explained in the cover letter that not all CPRs are deposited to the bank account. However, some WERE deposited. The ECO seems to have completely disregarded the explanation in the cover letter & some of the deposits in the bank account!. You state that this income is exempt from tax and is therefore not declared on yoursubmitted FBR documents. I am therefore unable to substantiate your claimed
income from this source Aren't computerised payment receipts from a large corporate institution sufficient evidence in their own right?. I am therefore not satisfied that you have accurately presented your financial circumstances.

 You state you spend PKR150,000 (£757.93) each month which equates to
PKR1,800,000 (£9,095.16) each year. Taking into account all of your annual income,
this would leave you with PKR640,000 (£3,233.83) annual discretionary income.
However, I note that the funds in both of your accounts are regularly depleted
indicating that you utilise nearly all your income each month. For example, the
closing balance in your bank account (number ending xxx) was PKR58.15 (£0.29)
on 07/02/20, and the closing balance in your MCB account (number ending 1967)
was PKR17,715.33 (£89.51) on 12/02/20. This indicates that you spend significantly
more than stated in your application form. Again, this is speculative at best. As most of the farm income is not deposited in the bank account, it would be reflected in bank accounts to begin with. Also, we keep cash deposits at home rather than bank as visiting the bank is a bit of a chore when you live on a farm house miles away from the nearest bank ATM/branch!. Given the above, I am not satisfied that you have accurately presented your financial circumstances.

 I have considered the documents and information you have provided about your
personal and economic circumstances. I note that you intend to travel to the UK with
your wife, leaving behind no dependents not having dependents surely isn't a reason to refuse, I digress.. and you have family in the UK. You state
that you have family living in your home country; however, the documents submitted
do not demonstrate the current whereabouts of these family members The cover letter provided ample details of the whereabouts of the family - not sure providing pictures of them sleeping/walking/doing residential things around their homes is necessary!. I am not
satisfied that you have substantial ties outside of the UK to ensure you will leave at
the end of your proposed visit.

 Given the above, I am not satisfied that you have given an accurate account of your
circumstances and this undermines the credibility of your application to the extent
that I am not satisfied that you are a genuine visitor who would leave the UK at the
end of your proposed visit. Your application is therefore refused under paragraphs
V4.2 (a) and (c) of the Immigration Rules.

Further thoughts
I am now considering whether to submit a fresh application explaining the particular points (including perhaps a competent authority family tree - again this would not show their current whereabouts would it?!), or launch a JR (affordability is not an issue if that is the right answer). Interested in people's experiences/other members' views.

Many thanks
I think the refusal is solely on the basis that all income generated wasn't shown to the tax department in Pakistan which is FBR ,hence the Visa officer found it a person of not good character & untrustworthy as they already suspect visitors intentions of leaving at the end of visit.When they see a discrepancy somewhere else in application they start judging the entire case solely on that basis. That's why it is said little things can sometimes have bigger impactions & with HO under Tories every little thing is an issue.

ti_abbasi2002
United Kingdom

Post by ti_abbasi2002 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:08 pm

London22 wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:48 pm
BigMo wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:06 am
Hi all,

Rather frustratingly, HO have refused my parents' application for a 6 months visa for a second time. The reasons noted are fairly trivial (and in at least two instances not consistent with the submitted information). I am considering submitting a PAP (and liaising with a lawyer on this as well) but also keen to take into account the Forum's views so I can make an informed decision. I have set out below this in more detail. Any relevant thoughts/comments/experiences will be appreciated.

Background
- Parents live in Pakistan
- Father is a retired bank employee, now runs an agricultural farm
- Mother is a housewife
- Have a younger sister (married and settled in Pakistan
- Myself (also the Sponsor), live & work in the UK - both British Nationals (I am naturalised; my wife is British
citizen by birth)

First application
- My parents applied to visit in autumn 2018. I sponsored the visit.
- We provided the information in relation to my income and ability to sponsor, including remittances to my
father.
- Whilst we included the land ownership documents in Pakistan, we did not provide any additional
documents to demonstrate my father's financial circumstances.
- The applications were refused as we did not present an accurate reflection of my father's financial
circumstances (i.e. economic ties in home country).

Second application
- My parents reapplied in Feb 2020.
- We submitted the previously omitted information in relation to my father's financial circumstances,
including:
> Bank statements demonstrating remittance from the UK (c.PKR 1,440,000)
> Bank statements demonstrating regular income from sale of milk to a well known Swiss multinational
(including a letter from this company confirming our status as regular supplier, and the bank account
showing transactions with this multinational milk company) - this income is c.PKR 400,000 p.a.
> We also provided details of income from sale of sugarcane (seasonal). The Mill issues Computerised
Payments Receipts ("CPRs"), which can be 'cashed' at their local bank branch, or deposited to bank for
direct bank transfer from the Mill's bank accounts. In relation to this, we included a cover letter
explaining that Pakistan, being a predominantly cash based economy, we would normally cash out the
CPRs rather than depositing them in the bank account (this is common practice). Some of the CPRs
were deposited to my father's bank account, others were not.
> We further included land ownership documents, and provided details of family in Pakistan (my
maternal grandparents, my sister, cousins etc).
> I was the sponsor (again this was not challenged so not going into this too much here).

Refusal
The second application was also refused. Extracts from the refusal (and my comments) below:

I am aware that you were previously refused entry clearance on xx/xx/xxxx under
visa application number xxxx. I have considered your previous application
in addition to the documents and information you have submitted in this application
and I am not satisfied that you have met the Immigration Rules on this occasion for
the reasons set out below.

 The onus is on you to qualify for entry clearance based on your own circumstances
and your own intentions. You have said that your son will help you with this visit by
paying £800 towards the cost of your trip and providing you with accommodation
whilst you are in the United Kingdom. While I take that into account in assessing your
proposed maintenance and accommodation in the UK, this is only one aspect of the
visitor rules and this sponsorship does not satisfy me of your own intention to leave
the UK on completion of your visit.

 You have applied for a visa to visit your son in the UK for 1 month and 4 days. I
recognise that family visits are important however, I must consider the information
regarding your sponsor’s support of your visit separately in my assessment of your
application. In order to assess your intentions I must consider your circumstances in
your home country based on the information you have provided with your application.

 You state that you are self-employed as a farmer of dairy and agriculture and you
have an annual income of PKR1,000,000 (£5,052.86). You also state that have an
additional annual income of PKR1,440,000 (£7,276.13) from family and I am satisfied
that you receive this income. In support of your application, you have submitted two
bank statements in your name from bank (account number ending xxxx and xxxx).
You have also submitted a number of receipts from xxxxx Mills. However,
the bank statements provided do not demonstrate that you receive these funds as I
note that the deposits in the accounts do not reflect the amounts on these receipts We explained in the cover letter that not all CPRs are deposited to the bank account. However, some WERE deposited. The ECO seems to have completely disregarded the explanation in the cover letter & some of the deposits in the bank account!. You state that this income is exempt from tax and is therefore not declared on yoursubmitted FBR documents. I am therefore unable to substantiate your claimed
income from this source Aren't computerised payment receipts from a large corporate institution sufficient evidence in their own right?. I am therefore not satisfied that you have accurately presented your financial circumstances.

 You state you spend PKR150,000 (£757.93) each month which equates to
PKR1,800,000 (£9,095.16) each year. Taking into account all of your annual income,
this would leave you with PKR640,000 (£3,233.83) annual discretionary income.
However, I note that the funds in both of your accounts are regularly depleted
indicating that you utilise nearly all your income each month. For example, the
closing balance in your bank account (number ending xxx) was PKR58.15 (£0.29)
on 07/02/20, and the closing balance in your MCB account (number ending 1967)
was PKR17,715.33 (£89.51) on 12/02/20. This indicates that you spend significantly
more than stated in your application form. Again, this is speculative at best. As most of the farm income is not deposited in the bank account, it would be reflected in bank accounts to begin with. Also, we keep cash deposits at home rather than bank as visiting the bank is a bit of a chore when you live on a farm house miles away from the nearest bank ATM/branch!. Given the above, I am not satisfied that you have accurately presented your financial circumstances.

 I have considered the documents and information you have provided about your
personal and economic circumstances. I note that you intend to travel to the UK with
your wife, leaving behind no dependents not having dependents surely isn't a reason to refuse, I digress.. and you have family in the UK. You state
that you have family living in your home country; however, the documents submitted
do not demonstrate the current whereabouts of these family members The cover letter provided ample details of the whereabouts of the family - not sure providing pictures of them sleeping/walking/doing residential things around their homes is necessary!. I am not
satisfied that you have substantial ties outside of the UK to ensure you will leave at
the end of your proposed visit.

 Given the above, I am not satisfied that you have given an accurate account of your
circumstances and this undermines the credibility of your application to the extent
that I am not satisfied that you are a genuine visitor who would leave the UK at the
end of your proposed visit. Your application is therefore refused under paragraphs
V4.2 (a) and (c) of the Immigration Rules.

Further thoughts
I am now considering whether to submit a fresh application explaining the particular points (including perhaps a competent authority family tree - again this would not show their current whereabouts would it?!), or launch a JR (affordability is not an issue if that is the right answer). Interested in people's experiences/other members' views.

Many thanks
I think the refusal is solely on the basis that all income generated wasn't shown to the tax department in Pakistan which is FBR ,hence the Visa officer found it a person of not good character & untrustworthy as they already suspect visitors intentions of leaving at the end of visit.When they see a discrepancy somewhere else in application they start judging the entire case solely on that basis. That's why it is said little things can sometimes have bigger impactions & with HO under Tories every little thing is an issue.
I think u r bit late of replying this post as his parent got visa on successful PAP recently.

Raja2057
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Raja2057 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:40 pm

BigMo wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:51 am
Okay thank you.

We did get the visa issued email this morning - lets see how long it now takes to collect the passports ha; hopefully not another three weeks!
@bigmo did u receive ur passport back? I submitted in islamabd office after succesfull pap still waiting for passports. Did they sent u email also which they sends normally for fresh applications concluded or issued??

BigMo
United Kingdom

Post by BigMo » Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:56 am

Raja2057 wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:40 pm
BigMo wrote:
Okay thank you.

@bigmo did u receive ur passport back? I submitted in islamabd office after succesfull pap still waiting for passports. Did they sent u email also which they sends normally for fresh applications concluded or issued??
Not yet, looking at a couple of other posts, it seems to be around a week. As the issued email was received last Wednesday, I am expecting a message on Wednesday.

When did you submit your passport? It took around 2.5 weeks from submission of passport to get the issued email.

Kam321
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Kam321 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:46 am

Hi @BigMo,
Need some confirmations from you regarding PAP.

1- Claimant Details- Did you provide your details?

2- The details of any interested parties- Did you provide your parents details?

3- Did you mention anything about Protective Costs Order (an order that the claimant will not be liable for the costs of the defendant or any other party or to limit such liability) in your PAP?

BigMo
United Kingdom

Post by BigMo » Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:20 am

Kam321 wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:46 am
Hi @BigMo,
Need some confirmations from you regarding PAP.

1- Claimant Details- Did you provide your details?

2- The details of any interested parties- Did you provide your parents details?

3- Did you mention anything about Protective Costs Order (an order that the claimant will not be liable for the costs of the defendant or any other party or to limit such liability) in your PAP?
Hi mate, my parents' PAP was submitted by our lawyer so not sure about 3. Claimants details were my parents. Don't know if the lawyer included any interested parties (certainly wasn't me). Not sure about the third point I'm afraid.

My input was limited to helping the lawyer articulate the response.

Kam321
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Kam321 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:27 am

Thank you.

Raja2057
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Raja2057 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:54 pm

@bigmo i submitted it on 6th october still waiting no email nothing from
Embassy or vfs waiting as they sent me email to resubmit passport.are you still waiting for passports?quote=BigMo post_id=1955902 time=1604314581 user_id=171164]
Raja2057 wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:40 pm
BigMo wrote:
Okay thank you.

Not yet, looking at a couple of other posts, it seems to be around a week. As the issued email was received last Wednesday, I am expecting a message on Wednesday.

When did you submit your passport? It took around 2.5 weeks from submission of passport to get the issued email.
[/quote]

BigMo
United Kingdom

Post by BigMo » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:51 am

we got one of the passports back but not the other, still waiting. Seems like Covid is having impact on passport delivery times & processing at Abu Dhabi office. Understandable as I imagine with most staff working remotely. We did send them the paid email and it got issued the same day (think coincidence rather than anything else ha).

Aly786
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: Visit visa for parents refused - considerations for PAP

Post by Aly786 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:24 pm

Route to ILR wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:23 pm
BigMo wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:08 pm
Yes I can start to visualise an ECO's thought process. However, they can't seem to be able to find the balance between being professionally sceptical (which is understandable and should be respected) & purely speculative (letting the imagination run wild!). I am sure that not all of them are like this, but they are being frankly incompetent, the HO have to have a mechanism to address that (hence the need to gather the feedback from you all haha before I spend £ on a PAP (lawyer's fees) or a JR). Appreciate your feedback though!
Approach your MP man. it worked for me. Tell him how these incompetent ECO's refusing visit visas on baseless reasons.
I got my mother visit visa after 2 refusals. I approached my local MP. He said apply again and give me the Application reference number.I did the same and explained the refusal point in details. Submitted same documents. Guess what MP wrote me letter with copy of email he received from ECM in Abu dhabi that decision has been made on this application number. Next day mom got the call to collect the passport and visa granted.

Get your MP advise on this and see how much helpful he is on this matter.

Bro how to write PAP ..template...process?.. and what is MP? I got refusal today..pls help

BigMo
United Kingdom

Post by BigMo » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:13 am

Hey

You can download the pro forma from the UK gov website for submission of PAP. It can be emailed I believe. As for the filling, it is a case of going through questions on PAP, and then adding mitigation to the reasons for refusal. If you look at posts by other people (including earlier in this thread), you will see that responses depend on each individual case. I would say that make sure you consider your case carefully and see if PAP will help resolve the issue - it is not an 'automatic' right of appeal scenario; you are challenging HO's decision in a court of law. In my case, the first time my parents' visa was refused, we decided to resubmit application rather than submit a PAP as the reasons mentioned in refusal letter were factually valid. The reason we submitted PAP after second refusal was that we believed HO caseworker had been wrong in their decision. I shared the reasons for refusal with this forum and let others comment as well.

Hope this helps and best of luck!

Kam321
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Kam321 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:18 pm

Hi @BigMo,
After submitting the PAP, Home Office have withdrawn their refusal decision in favour of reconsiderations for my parents' visit visa applications. Thanks a lot for your help.
Going through your comments, I noticed that you were provided 3 months deadline by UKVI in response to your PAP but in our case there is a generic statement to say that the office will be in touch with us in due course.
Were you provided the deadline by UKVI with the correspondence you received regarding the withdrawal of the decision or at a later stage?