ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

LTR - Police clearance done

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

guessaname
Newly Registered

LTR - Police clearance done

Post by guessaname » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:37 pm

Hi friends,
I just got the police clearance letter which is required for LTR. I've few questions on this..

- Within how many days I need to submit the PCC?
- How long will it take to get the LTR approval letter after submitting the PCC?
- Within how many days I need to show the LTR approval letter in GNIB office and get the 5 year stamp?

I'm asking the above question coz my visa renewal is due for March 2009, can I get the LTR approval letter now and wait till March next year to get 5 yrs stamp so that I will get 5 years stamp from next year.

Please respond.

thx
G

mktsoi
Member of Standing

Re: LTR - Police clearance done

Post by mktsoi » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:45 am

guessaname wrote:Hi friends,
I just got the police clearance letter which is required for LTR. I've few questions on this..

- Within how many days I need to submit the PCC?
- How long will it take to get the LTR approval letter after submitting the PCC?
- Within how many days I need to show the LTR approval letter in GNIB office and get the 5 year stamp?

I'm asking the above question coz my visa renewal is due for March 2009, can I get the LTR approval letter now and wait till March next year to get 5 yrs stamp so that I will get 5 years stamp from next year.

Please respond.

thx
G
I cant answer the first 2 questions. about the last one, if your stamp is going to expire in March2009. Let say if you got you approval letter from GNIB for long term residence in December 2008. if you dont go get the stamp in GNIB until March 2009 after you got the approval letter in December 2008. GNIB will deduct 3 months off your 5 years stamp certainly. this is what i have been told by the GNIB last year.

guessaname
Newly Registered

Post by guessaname » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:38 am

oh ok, i'm not aware of this. So it means if i get stamp now(whenever i get the ltr approval) or in March2009 its the same for me. only thing is i need to pay 150 euros for gnib card 3 months earlier if get the stamp in dec 2008.

thanks a mil. for your response mktsoi

mktsoi
Member of Standing

Post by mktsoi » Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:40 pm

guessaname wrote:oh ok, i'm not aware of this. So it means if i get stamp now(whenever i get the ltr approval) or in March2009 its the same for me. only thing is i need to pay 150 euros for gnib card 3 months earlier if get the stamp in dec 2008.

thanks a mil. for your response mktsoi
no, let say it they give you the ltr approval letter now(date at 17th september 2008), if you dont go to gnib to get the 5 years stamp within a week or two. let say you showed up in january 2009 to get the 5 years stamp with your ltr approval letter. they will only give you a stamp for 4 years and 9 months instead of the full 5 years.

and you can go there as long as you have the ltr approval letter. it doesnt have to be within 3 months before your stamp expired. but you still have to pay 150 euro!

bloody foreigner

Post by bloody foreigner » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:19 pm

You will get 5 years from the date of the letter, regardless of when you go in.

sashasolar

Post by sashasolar » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:10 pm

Hi guys,

Did anybody get LTR Approval recently? If so, when did you apply and sent Police Clearance Cert to them?

I applied in Nov 2006, They requested PCC on 30th of July, I posted PCC to them on the 2nd of August. Still waiting...

Called LTR Department few times. They are waiting for Garda clearance to come back to them.

I know several people who applied for LTR after me and received their LTR letters...

mktsoi
Member of Standing

Post by mktsoi » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:17 pm

sashasolar wrote:Hi guys,

Did anybody get LTR Approval recently? If so, when did you apply and sent Police Clearance Cert to them?

I applied in Nov 2006, They requested PCC on 30th of July, I posted PCC to them on the 2nd of August. Still waiting...

Called LTR Department few times. They are waiting for Garda clearance to come back to them.

I know several people who applied for LTR after me and received their LTR letters...
did they tell you that they are waiting for the Garda clearance over the phone or by writing?

sashasolar

Post by sashasolar » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:24 pm

mktsoi wrote:
sashasolar wrote:Hi guys,

did they tell you that they are waiting for the Garda clearance over the phone or by writing?
Up until couple of weeks ago in writing and by phone they were saying they are waiting for "internal checks to be completed". When I called them last time they straight away said they are waiting for Garda checks.
When I asked if I can request a Garda check myself and send them report by post, the guy said they have to request it internally themselves... He also said that the department that does Garda checks is understaffed.

Irish public service is MAD. They got more staff for the LTR section and now there is a bottleneck in a Garda department that does checks. Funny enough they are part of the same department in same ministry...

I know for fact that one person applied in January 2007 on basis of 5 year residency with work permits. They asked for PCC in August, he sent PSS few days later and last week he received LTR. Another guy applied in December 2006 and have received his LTR also.

immigrant123
Newly Registered

Post by immigrant123 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:51 pm

I applied on Dec15th 2006. Was asked for PCC on 8th of August 2008 and submitted it on 9th August 2008. Called the office roughly after a monthn and was told - "Received your correspondance and we need to complete some internal checks". Finally received the LTR today.

kreshna
Newly Registered

Post by kreshna » Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:53 pm

I applied in Nov'2006, produced PCC in July'08..called LTR section every week. They told me the same story (Awaiting for the results frm internal check) every time.

kreshna
Newly Registered

Post by kreshna » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:02 pm

Hi sashasolar, Did you get any reply about the LTR? :cry:

sashasolar

Post by sashasolar » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:01 pm

Kreshna, no unfortunately not. I know of a guy that received his LTR last Friday. He applied on the 15th of Octiber 2006. It took exactly three months for Garda clearance to be completed. I think we should be in next batch. Must be 3-4 more weeks at least.

I used to call LTR section every week asking for status, but couple of days ago decided to just let it go. We will get it sooner or later. It's not worth of our stress, really.... :)

moneyminded
Newly Registered

Post by moneyminded » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:09 pm

I have applied for LTR at the end of Nov 2006, was asked for PCC in 1st week of Aug 2008. sumbitted it on Aug 15th, Still waiting for LTR and i know a couple of people who applied in Dec 2006 and have got their LTR's. Never bothered to call them b'cos i know their answer " Still Processing "

moneyminded
Newly Registered

Post by moneyminded » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:14 pm

moneyminded wrote:I have applied for LTR at the end of Nov 2006, was asked for PCC in 1st week of Aug 2008. sumbitted it on Aug 15th, Still waiting for LTR and i know a couple of people who applied in Dec 2006 and have got their LTR's. Never bothered to call them b'cos i know their answer " Still Processing "
I guess they are doing random Internal checks and people who aren't in that list get their LTR's sooner than others

sashasolar

Post by sashasolar » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:21 pm

moneyminded wrote:
moneyminded wrote:I have applied for LTR at the end of Nov 2006, was asked for PCC in 1st week of Aug 2008. sumbitted it on Aug 15th, Still waiting for LTR and i know a couple of people who applied in Dec 2006 and have got their LTR's. Never bothered to call them b'cos i know their answer " Still Processing "
I guess they are doing random Internal checks and people who aren't in that list get their LTR's sooner than others
There is someone on the russian forum who applied for LTR in the beginning of Jan 2007, sent them PCC on the 10th of Sep and has received the LTR letter today. I'm so upset after visiting GNIB today at 4pm with a hope of getting a ticket for GNIB registration. They had no tickets and told me to come back tomorrow at 7am... And if/when I get my LTR (I applied in Nov 2006), I'll have to do it all over again and pay 150 again.
Was trying to take a "don't-worry,-relax,-you'll-get-it-soon" approach, but with no success. This stuff makes me really disappinted and upset....

mendo

Post by mendo » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:46 pm

My wife re-applied for LTR at the end of Nov 2006, was asked for PCC the 1st week in Aug 2008 and submitted the PPC on Aug 14th.

She hasn't got any answer yet and two months have passed since.

Regards,

mendo
________
Motorcycle Tires
Last edited by mendo on Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mendo

Post by mendo » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:46 pm

I now people who sent the PPC around the same time as my wife and they haven't heard anything yet from DOJ.
________
Dodge Dakota Specifications

moneyminded
Newly Registered

Post by moneyminded » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:31 am

mendo wrote:My wife re-applied for LTR at the end of Nov 2006, was asked for PCC the 1st week in Aug 2008 and submitted the PPC on Aug 14th.

She hasn't got any answer yet and two months have passed since.

Regards,

mendo
When i sent my PCc on Aug 15, I received a letter from INIS on Aug 22 saying they have recived my PCC etc. And i have not heard from them since then.

mendo

Post by mendo » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:58 pm

My wife hasn't got any acknowledgement letter, after she sent the PPC.

Mendo
________
Stress Advice

moneyminded
Newly Registered

Just rang INIS

Post by moneyminded » Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:31 pm

i was told they finished their internal checks and my application is with supervisor and can expect it in next week or 2

mendo

Post by mendo » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:30 pm

Hi All,

After almost 2 years (minus 1 month), my wife finaly got her 5 years LTR approved.

She applied at the end of November 2006 and sent the PPC in mid August 2008.

It looks that it takes 2 1/2 months to get the LTR finalised after you send the PPC.

Regards,

Mendo
________
POT NEWS

moneyminded
Newly Registered

Post by moneyminded » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:51 pm

mendo wrote:Hi All,

After almost 2 years (minus 1 month), my wife finaly got her 5 years LTR approved.

She applied at the end of November 2006 and sent the PPC in mid August 2008.

It looks that it takes 2 1/2 months to get the LTR finalised after you send the PPC.

Regards,

Mendo
I got mine as well today in the post. Looks like they are sending out letters in batches. I have applied in Nov 2006 and sent my PCC in Aug as well.

sashasolar

Post by sashasolar » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:29 pm

A quick update. Received my LTR approval letter today. Applied on the 24th of November 2006, PCC was requested on the 30th of July. On the 15th of October they have confirmed by phone that Garda clearance came through (I called them).

The letter is dated the 24th of October and was posted yesterday.

Here you go - it took them exactly 23 month to process an LTR application. :twisted:

Darkhorse

Post by Darkhorse » Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:12 pm

Hi Folks,
In the pass when you call citizenship help line, they cut you off if the phone is busy. Now you can just wait in the queue and the people on the phone also friendly and helpful.

does anybody know if LTR helpline has also improved?

mendo

Post by mendo » Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:57 pm

They haven't .
I got cut off last week, after siting in the queue for more than 35 minutes..

EU treaty rights dept. where a lot better, only 15 minutes waiting and they finally answered, but I could almost not hear the guy, plus he wasn't nice at all.

Regards,

Mendo
________
Medical Marijuana Card
Last edited by mendo on Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.