ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement scheme newborn without ID

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rodvmu

Settlement scheme newborn without ID

Post by rodvmu » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:40 am

Hi all!

My partner has pre settled status and we are wondering how to apply for our 2 weeks old baby as her dependent since said baby doesn’t have a passport or ID card yet. Summary: how to prove identity of a newborn?

It’s unlikely we will be able to get a passport or ID card by the end of the year. If we are lucky, before the 31st of December, we might get her birth certificate from our local council. Do you think the birth certificate will be enough as proof of identity for a newborn?

Thanks.

kamoe
European Union

Re: Settlement scheme newborn without ID

Post by kamoe » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:16 am

rodrigouchoa wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:40 am
If we are lucky, before the 31st of December, we might get her birth certificate from our local council.
The deadline of Dec 31st 2020 is for the EU sponsor to move into the UK.

Dependants can apply until June 30th 2021, provided their EU sponsor moved into the UK by the deadline, and that the relationship to the EU sponsor started before Dec 31st 2020. Her being born is the star of that relationship, so the baby meets this requirement. Baby has therefore until June 30th 2021 to apply.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:50 pm

The child of a an EU citizen or their non-EEA spouse with settled status can apply, beyond 2020. They have a lifetime qualification.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

kamoe
European Union

Post by kamoe » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:00 pm

Thanks for clarifying, Obie.

That is to say, the OP does not need not to worry, since the deadline of Dec 31st 2020 does not apply to their baby.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:25 pm

Indeed. In any event, a child born in the UK, will have several avenue open to them, even beyond the scope of the settlement scheme.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

rodvmu

Post by rodvmu » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:15 pm

Thanks, both!

saddleback
Israel

Post by saddleback » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:13 pm

Obie wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:50 pm
The child of a an EU citizen or their non-EEA spouse with settled status can apply, beyond 2020. They have a lifetime qualification.
Obie, would you dare to elaborate please?