ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

salary drop just before application query.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hurrimark
Newly Registered

salary drop just before application query.

Post by hurrimark » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:35 pm

Hi there,

I am currently in a job paying around £27,000 per annum and have been for the past 5 and a half years. From the start of December, instead of losing my job due to coronavirus and other issues, my company is redeploying me to a role paying just over £18,600 (big pay drop, but technically over the threshold and should count as continuous service as is the same employer, just different role). I aim to apply for my wife's indefinite leave to remain at the end of her 5 years spousal visa by 12/12/2020, however, I won't have a payslip from my new role by application time. My question is, due to the change in role (and reduced salary although above £18,600) do I need to wait until I get a payslip from this before I apply, or Can I apply and get the company to write a letter explaining this change? I'm not sure the best way to go about it, any help is greatly appreciated!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: salary drop just before application query.

Post by seagul » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:00 pm

hurrimark wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:35 pm
Hi there,

I am currently in a job paying around £27,000 per annum and have been for the past 5 and a half years. From the start of December, instead of losing my job due to coronavirus and other issues, my company is redeploying me to a role paying just over £18,600 (big pay drop, but technically over the threshold and should count as continuous service as is the same employer, just different role). I aim to apply for my wife's indefinite leave to remain at the end of her 5 years spousal visa by 12/12/2020, however, I won't have a payslip from my new role by application time. My question is, due to the change in role (and reduced salary although above £18,600) do I need to wait until I get a payslip from this before I apply, or Can I apply and get the company to write a letter explaining this change? I'm not sure the best way to go about it, any help is greatly appreciated!
You wouldn't necessarily need to wait for the payslip under new role provided can meet the requirement until the point of applying. But your employer letter must confirm this.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

hurrimark
Newly Registered

Post by hurrimark » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:15 pm

seagul wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:00 pm
hurrimark wrote:
Hi there,

You wouldn't necessarily need to wait for the payslip under new role provided can meet the requirement until the point of applying. But your employer letter must confirm this.
So I should use my salary up to that point for the financial requirement (£27,000) then have my employer write in their letter that this has been my salary since whenever and up until the point of application and that I will change roles shortly with the reduced salary? Or just a letter from them with my salary details to point of application? cheers.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:33 pm

hurrimark wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:15 pm
seagul wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:00 pm
hurrimark wrote:
Hi there,

So I should use my salary up to that point for the financial requirement (£27,000) then have my employer write in their letter that this has been my salary since whenever and up until the point of application and that I will change roles shortly with the reduced salary? Or just a letter from them with my salary details to point of application? cheers.
Yes until the point of application. And given the new role will still pay the sufficient salary so better to get it added in the employer letter that after applying you will start a new role with revised salary. By this you will remain covered in all scenarios.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

hurrimark
Newly Registered

Post by hurrimark » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:29 pm

Thank you very much! The final thing in respect to that letter, would it need to be dated as close to the date of application as possible, i.e the day/week before ideally?

thanks.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:51 pm

hurrimark wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:29 pm
Thank you very much! The final thing in respect to that letter, would it need to be dated as close to the date of application as possible, i.e the day/week before ideally?

thanks.
Within 28 days from the date of application.

hurrimark
Newly Registered

Post by hurrimark » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:34 am

seagul wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:51 pm
hurrimark wrote:

thanks.
Thanks. Presumably, because I'm still with the same employer, just transitioning to a different role, I only need to provide 6 months' payslips (June-November in this case rather than 12, applying in early December)?
In terms of the letter, I will get them to state my lowest annual reference salary and that I will be changing role on 1st December (very shortly before application submission) but won't be paid from the lower-paid role in terms of a payslip until after the app is already submitted. I'll get them to state regardless, that this new role will still meet the threshold. Does this seem all alright?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:28 pm

hurrimark wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:34 am
seagul wrote:
hurrimark wrote:

thanks.
Thanks. Presumably, because I'm still with the same employer, just transitioning to a different role, I only need to provide 6 months' payslips (June-November in this case rather than 12, applying in early December)?
In terms of the letter, I will get them to state my lowest annual reference salary and that I will be changing role on 1st December (very shortly before application submission) but won't be paid from the lower-paid role in terms of a payslip until after the app is already submitted. I'll get them to state regardless, that this new role will still meet the threshold. Does this seem all alright?
Correct. Also better to get added the old annual wages & job title as well in the same employer letter.

hurrimark
Newly Registered

Post by hurrimark » Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:32 pm

seagul wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:28 pm
hurrimark wrote:
seagul wrote:
hurrimark wrote:

thanks.
Correct. Also better to get added the old annual wages & job title as well in the same employer letter.
Thank you very much for all your help. My wife's salary is paid hourly and as she works 20 hours standard every week as her contracted hours (anything else on top is overtime) would she be classed as salaried, rather than non-salaried, because she always works 20 hours per week as these are her contracted hours (before any over time)?

25 weeks of her payslips all have 20 hours base salary and the last one (26th) has greater than 20 hours as in the run up to Christmas, everyone does more core hours due to demand. My wife is paid weekly.

I see the definitions as :
Non-salaried employment includes that paid at an hourly or other rate (and the
number and/or pattern of hours required to be worked may vary) or paid an amount
which varies according to the work undertaken. Salaried employment includes that
paid at a minimum fixed rate (usually annual) which is usually subject to a
contractual minimum number of hours to be worked.

Non salaried fit - she's paid hourly. The pattern of non overtime hours changed only once in the the 26 weeks.

Salaried - min fixed rate (she gets paid hourly) and must complete min 20 hours per week as per her contract. So it seems more like it's leaning towards salaried?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:44 am

hurrimark wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:32 pm
seagul wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:28 pm
hurrimark wrote:
seagul wrote:

Thank you very much for all your help. My wife's salary is paid hourly and as she works 20 hours standard every week as her contracted hours (anything else on top is overtime) would she be classed as salaried, rather than non-salaried, because she always works 20 hours per week as these are her contracted hours (before any over time)?

25 weeks of her payslips all have 20 hours base salary and the last one (26th) has greater than 20 hours as in the run up to Christmas, everyone does more core hours due to demand. My wife is paid weekly.

I see the definitions as :
Non-salaried employment includes that paid at an hourly or other rate (and the
number and/or pattern of hours required to be worked may vary) or paid an amount
which varies according to the work undertaken. Salaried employment includes that
paid at a minimum fixed rate (usually annual) which is usually subject to a
contractual minimum number of hours to be worked.

Non salaried fit - she's paid hourly. The pattern of non overtime hours changed only once in the the 26 weeks.

Salaried - min fixed rate (she gets paid hourly) and must complete min 20 hours per week as per her contract. So it seems more like it's leaning towards salaried?
Since you alone are earning sufficiently so if you wish then can safely sidestep her income & its associated supporting documents for keeping the calculations fully simplified.