ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Could go ahead and apply for ILR under old rules (4 years)?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

GSOtodd

Could go ahead and apply for ILR under old rules (4 years)?

Post by GSOtodd » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:09 pm

I came to the UK in January 06, while the old system was in place (four years on work permit). Since I came in before the rules were changed, do you think it is possible that a home office case worker would take pity on my case.

Folks, I just don't want to hang on longer and have the rules changed on me again and jepordise my stay (future in the UK). I've got loans out and everything.

Please help.

Or, if I wait until 2010 and they have started "capping the number of people who can settle permanately", do you think I could get a lawyer to handle my case?
Andy

RAJ2007
Member of Standing

Post by RAJ2007 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:20 pm

rule has changed. it does not matter when you have entered uk. you can only apply on the basis of the current rule.

netacct

Re: Could go ahead and apply for ILR under old rules (4 year

Post by netacct » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:36 pm

GSOtodd wrote:I came to the UK in January 06, while the old system was in place (four years on work permit). Since I came in before the rules were changed, do you think it is possible that a home office case worker would take pity on my case.

Folks, I just don't want to hang on longer and have the rules changed on me again and jepordise my stay (future in the UK). I've got loans out and everything.

Please help.

Or, if I wait until 2010 and they have started "capping the number of people who can settle permanately", do you think I could get a lawyer to handle my case?
If you ask nicely, caseworker might take Pity on you :lol: :lol:

GSOtodd

Folks I'm serious, I really do love this Island

Post by GSOtodd » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:56 pm

and for the first time in my natural born life has things gone well. Things turned around for me in Sept 05. The United States just wasn't working out for me at all.
Andy