ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Me and my child ILR application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

abutaher
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Me and my child ILR application

Post by abutaher » Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:33 am

I want to apply for ILR but I’m confused about one thing, my 4 years child got Bangladeshi passport like me and she has leave to remain biometric card like me as well and mom got same card and passport. So my question is do I need to apply ILR only for me first and then if it approved the I should apply for my child British passport or I have to apply now for me and and for my child together ILR? And if I apply for both together how much the cost gonna be for both of us? Please let me know.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Me and my child ILR application

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:34 am

Is your child born in UK?
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

abutaher
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by abutaher » Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:35 am

Yes

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:37 am

abutaher wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:35 am
Yes
You can simply register the child as British Citizen after you get your ILR. No need to apply ILR for the child.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

abutaher
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by abutaher » Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:50 am

I’m confused actually coz one of the legal representative said to me that I have to apply ILR for both together. He said because when my child was born mom and me both didn’t had ILR I got leave to remain card and my child same card and mom got same card of 2.5 years nobody got ILR that’s why he said my child has to apply for ILR with me but actually whatever you said I was thinking like that way but lawyer confused me. And If I apply for both it’s gonna cost me huge money I think. So do you think I should apply apply only for me and then if approved then apply for my child British passport? Confirm me again if you don’t mind please. I will appreciate if you again confirm me.
Thanks.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:55 am

Since your child is born in UK, you can simply register the child as BC AFTER you get ILR.
Note, since the child was born BEFORE you or your wife were settled, you have to register the child first as BC via MN1 route (after you get your ILR). Once the application is approved, you can apply for child’s British Passport.

Note: No need to apply ILR for a UK born child in this case.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... n-form-mn1

abutaher
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by abutaher » Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:59 am

Can you explain me what MN1 route? and how, when and where I should apply for my child MN1 route application

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:02 am

abutaher wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:59 am
Can you explain me what MN1 route? and how, when and where I should apply for my child MN1 route application
I have explained already and provided the link above. You can register the UK born child as British Citizen after at least one of the parent(s) is settled in UK i.e. has ILR.
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -Jul19.pdf
Last edited by CULLINAN on Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

abutaher
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by abutaher » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:04 am

Thanks