ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British citizenship questions

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zcecf69
Newly Registered
Pakistan

UK Citizenship Application - is passport photo same as naturalisation photo?

Post by zcecf69 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:04 am

Hi,

I'm applying for naturalisation. If my application is successful will the photo in my passport photo page be the same photo I used on the referee form?

Thanks

zcecf69
Newly Registered
Pakistan

British citizenship questions

Post by zcecf69 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:11 am

Hi,

I have made a total of 9 applications for UK visas in the past dating from 1998 when I was 8 years old until now.

On the section of the AN form which asks about previous UK visas, I only know the exact application date for the 3 most recent visa applications from 2014 onwards (Tier 2 and ILR) and have used the BRP reference numbers as reference for them. Is this ok?

For the rest of the visas which I applied to from Pakistan and other countries it is too far back to know for sure what date I applied thus the only reference I have is the VAF number (on the visa vignette) and the location where the visa was applied from, no dates.

Is this ok? I understand these are 'if known' questions but I'm not certain on how important it is to have every single one of these applications on file with precise dates, even dating back to 1998. I have a pretty unremarkable immigration record and have never broken immigration rules and most of my visas were given.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: UK Citizenship Application - is passport photo same as naturalisation photo?

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:47 am

No. You have to apply for British Passport separately after you become British. You will provide a new photo then.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: UK Citizenship Application - is passport photo same as naturalisation photo?

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:54 am

I am going to answer your other question here also:
post by zcecf69 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:11 am

Hi,

I have made a total of 9 applications for UK visas in the past dating from 1998 when I was 8 years old until now.

On the section of the AN form which asks about previous UK visas, I only know the exact application date for the 3 most recent visa applications from 2014 onwards (Tier 2 and ILR) and have used the BRP reference numbers as reference for them. Is this ok?
You have to list all UK immigration applications. This does not include tourist visa applications. Dates - if known question. You can simply leave it empty if not known. You can use Case ID, BRP number etc as a reference yes

For the rest of the visas which I applied to from Pakistan and other countries it is too far back to know for sure what date I applied thus the only reference I have is the VAF number (on the visa vignette) and the location where the visa was applied from, no dates.
If they are UK immigration applications, you can simply leave the dates empty - if known question

Is this ok? I understand these are 'if known' questions but I'm not certain on how important it is to have every single one of these applications on file with precise dates, even dating back to 1998. I have a pretty unremarkable immigration record and have never broken immigration rules and most of my visas were given.
Does not matter if you leave dates empty or provide estimates - in case estimates provide a clarification in the cover letter, otherwise leave it empty. No issues

PS: It is better to keep all your case specific questions in the same thread here.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

zcecf69
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: British citizenship questions

Post by zcecf69 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:07 pm

Hi Cullinan

Thanks for the reply.

Is it a problem if I include tourist visa applications or? What about student visas? I did not see any specifications anywhere that we need to leave out tourist visas.

Lastly, I plan on submitting on the 6th of December 2020. I was out of the country on the 10th of December 2015 so I know I have a narrow window for application. What exactly is the 'application date'... the day I submit my online application or my biometrics date?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:08 pm

You are required to list all applications you have made.

Date if application is the date you submit and pay online.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:09 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:08 pm
You are required to list all applications you have made.

Date if application is the date you submit and pay online.
Even tourist visas?
My UK tourist visas go back to 1989 and never mentioned any in my application. I was under the impression we only have to mention UK immigration applications.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:19 pm

zcecf69 wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:07 pm
Hi Cullinan

Thanks for the reply.

Is it a problem if I include tourist visa applications or? What about student visas? I did not see any specifications anywhere that we need to leave out tourist visas.

Lastly, I plan on submitting on the 6th of December 2020. I was out of the country on the 10th of December 2015 so I know I have a narrow window for application. What exactly is the 'application date'... the day I submit my online application or my biometrics date?
Student visas yes, @CR001 is of the view all applications need to be declared.
However, I have never declared any tourist visas myself or many who I know and have been successful.
So it is your choice.

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by bizman » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:55 pm

I don’t think you need to declare visitor visa applications.
Bizman

AndySingh
Newly Registered
India

Post by AndySingh » Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:54 am

Dear all. On the British Citizenship online application, why Life in UK certificate is on my list only documents to upload. I understand I provided the reference number in the application form but I thought certificate is also needed .

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:01 am

AndySingh wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:54 am
Dear all. On the British Citizenship online application, why Life in UK certificate is on my list only documents to upload. I understand I provided the reference number in the application form but I thought certificate is also needed .
Please carry in your own topic and do not tag your question onto other member’s thread:
british-citizenship/british-citizenship ... l#p1962394

AndySingh
Newly Registered
India

Post by AndySingh » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:10 am

AndySingh wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:54 am
Dear all. On the British Citizenship online application, why Life in UK certificate is not on my list only documents to upload. I understand I provided the reference number in the application form but I thought certificate is also needed .

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:12 pm

Certificate is not required - the test reference numbers are already on a UKVI database.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.