ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

DEPORTATION

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

niklas999
Newly Registered
Argentina

DEPORTATION

Post by niklas999 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:47 pm

Hello
I want to help one friend with status problem. She came in UK 10 years ago with student visa. She did not manage to complete her studies, she only got an Accounting diploma degree in UK.
During these 10 years she applied to extend her visa and got accepted. But her last visa expired in 2018. So after she aplied for asylum and this year she receive a deportation letter. She did an appeal and she will have the hearing next month.
I am really afraid for her for being deported but i think she is not realising the gravity of situation.
She keeps telling me she wont be deported beacause she stayed in UK more than 10 years, so if the Home Office has not deported her yet, nobody will deport her.
On the other hand, all her relatives are in the UK. She has no house in back home, no friends, nobody, nothing!! She also has a medical mental health issue.
How you guys see this situation?
Thank you and please try to give us few directions.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: DEPORTATION

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:08 am

What is her full immigration history?
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:17 am

Does she have strong connections and family in the UK?

What is the reason for deportation? Asylum refusal or something else also?

Also depends if home country would be unsafe for her?

As she has already waiting for the hearing, I hope she is taking legal immigration advice or not?
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:54 am

niklas999 wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:47 pm

She keeps telling me she wont be deported beacause she stayed in UK more than 10 years, so if the Home Office has not deported her yet, nobody will deport
Probably that she might have heard from a barracks room solicitor which isn't correct at all because an illegal immigrant or a failed applicant can be deported with regardless number of his/her years spent in the country.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

niklas999
Newly Registered
Argentina

Post by niklas999 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:24 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:17 am
Does she have strong connections and family in the UK?

What is the reason for deportation? Asylum refusal or something else also?

Also depends if home country would be unsafe for her?

As she has already waiting for the hearing, I hope she is taking legal immigration advice or not?
All her familiy members are in the UK. She lives with her mum and brother here. She does not have even a house in back home. She sold everythink anc came in UK. Where she should go if HO will deport her ?? In the jungle ??
Also she is mentally instable, she is dellusional. She is very vulnerable. But she keeps refusing admiting !!
She got refused beacause of asylum and FLR as well. She was in prison for 11 months and they release her. After that she received deportation letter and she appeal against it. The reasons were : unlawful decision and applying for EEU scheme. I am EEU SETTLED, and i did a religiuos mariage with her. I DO CARE ABOUT HER. But i cant register marriage with her beacause she is delusional !

On the other hand i cant let her down, she is vulnerable. I see her often and we have a genuine relation, but we are not legally registred.

I am really concerned about her, really dont know how can i help her !
Please guide me with few directions...

niklas999
Newly Registered
Argentina

Post by niklas999 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:26 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:08 am
can i send you her deportation order ? maybe you can have an ideea...

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:40 pm

niklas999 wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:26 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Please copy paste the order here. Delete or hide all personal details.

niklas999
Newly Registered
Argentina

Post by niklas999 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:11 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:40 pm
niklas999 wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:26 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Please copy paste the order here. Delete or hide all personal details.
I cant copy paste it bcz is a scanned document. It does not allow me to atach photo as well

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:27 pm

Try again to attach the screen shot hiding all personal details. The reason for deportation order is unclear. It could be that she was an overstayer when she applied for asylum or the prison sentence. Usually, if asylum is refused and if you get appeal rights, you appeal against the decision. The appeal process has different stages, first tribunal, upper tribunal etc.

Where is the hearing that is coming soon?

Does she have an legal immigration advisor as these deportation orders could be risky if poorly handled.

She has a strong case as her family is here and she has no connections with home country but it all depends on how the appeal is tackled etc.

I am still unclear why was the deportation order given and at what stage it was given??

niklas999
Newly Registered
Argentina

Post by niklas999 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:08 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:27 pm
Try again to attach the screen shot hiding all personal details. The reason for deportation order is unclear. It could be that she was an overstayer when she applied for asylum or the prison sentence. Usually, if asylum is refused and if you get appeal rights, you appeal against the decision. The appeal process has different stages, first tribunal, upper tribunal etc.

Does she have an legal immigration advisor as these deportation orders could be risky if poorly handled.

She has a strong case as her family is here and she has no connections with home country but it all depends on how the appeal is tackled etc.

I am still unclear why was the deportation order given and at what stage it was given??
please give me your email adress...can send you the order !

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:13 pm

niklas999 wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:08 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:27 pm

please give me your email adress...can send you the order !
For security reasons under the Board Ts&Cs, members aren't permitted to post personal contact details on the open forum.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.