ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Tier 2 Absences Query

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

norabeet
Newly Registered
United States of America

ILR Tier 2 Application Questions

Post by norabeet » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:00 pm

Hello!

Does anyone know if I can find a comprehensive list of questions/documents required for an ILR application after 5 years on a tier 2 general visa? I'm slowly working my way through the online form but would love to be able to prepare everything in advance rather than working this way. Apologies if I'm missing something in the forum, I've had a browse but can't seem to find this. TIA!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: ILR Tier 2 Application Questions

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:04 pm

Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

norabeet
Newly Registered
United States of America

Re: ILR Tier 2 Application Questions

Post by norabeet » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:02 pm

Thank you!

norabeet
Newly Registered
United States of America

ILR Tier 2 First Entry and Absences Query

Post by norabeet » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:19 pm

Hello,

I have two queries:

1. Related to the early application question: "When did you first enter the UK?" I originally entered the UK on a Tier 4 Student visa in 2013. During my studies, I began working for a company that subsequently sponsored me and still employ me. I applied for my Tier 2 (General) visa from within the UK. Given this, is it right to assume I should state the 2013 date as my first entry date? If this is incorrect, could you please advise on what I should state as I was already in the UK when I received my visa?

2. I received my first Tier 2 (General) visa in January 2015 which was valid for 3 years. I then applied for a second visa in January 2018 which was also valid for 3 years, so I have now been on tier 2 (General) visas for over 5 years and am working on my ILR application. Currently, I am preparing my list of absences. Is it right to assume I should include ALL absences since receiving my first Tier 2 General visa, or should I only pull together absences for the last 5 years? And just to be sure, is it right to assume I do NOT need to include absences from the time I spent on my Tier 4 Student visa?

Thank you!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: ILR Tier 2 First Entry and Absences Query

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:33 pm

norabeet wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:19 pm
Hello,

I have two queries:

1. Related to the early application question: "When did you first enter the UK?" I originally entered the UK on a Tier 4 Student visa in 2013. During my studies, I began working for a company that subsequently sponsored me and still employ me. I applied for my Tier 2 (General) visa from within the UK. Given this, is it right to assume I should state the 2013 date as my first entry date? If this is incorrect, could you please advise on what I should state as I was already in the UK when I received my visa?
Tier 2 visa issue date

2. I received my first Tier 2 (General) visa in January 2015 which was valid for 3 years. I then applied for a second visa in January 2018 which was also valid for 3 years, so I have now been on tier 2 (General) visas for over 5 years and am working on my ILR application. Currently, I am preparing my list of absences. Is it right to assume I should include ALL absences since receiving my first Tier 2 General visa, or should I only pull together absences for the last 5 years? And just to be sure, is it right to assume I do NOT need to include absences from the time I spent on my Tier 4 Student visa?
5 years only on Tier 2

Thank you!
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

norabeet
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by norabeet » Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:01 pm

Thank you for the swift reply! A brief follow up question:

Regarding covering absences over a 5 year period only, should this be 5 years from the date my visa was issued (so in my case excluding anything from January this year)? Or should it be the past 5 years from when I am making my application? I'm not clear how I should define my 5-year qualifying period given I've exceeded it now but my current visa is still valid.

Thank you so much!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:28 pm

From initial Tier 2 visa issue date. Your qualifying period is when you complete 5 years on Tier 2. However, the earliest you can apply is when you complete 5 years minus 28 days counting from initial visa issue date.

norabeet
Newly Registered
United States of America

ILR Tier 2 Details of time spent outside the UK query

Post by norabeet » Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:17 pm

Hi there,

I am working on my application and have compiled a list of all my time spent outside the UK since my tier 2 general visa was originally issued.

I have begun inputting this information into the application itself and have 2 questions:

1. When you input an absence, the questions asks "which countries did you visit..." but then the input box only allows you to input one country. For trips where I've visited multiple countries should I include only the first country in the box and then details of each country in the "reasons for time spent outside the UK" box?

2. I have done some remote working for my company, and taken trips that have been a combination of remote working and holiday. Is it fine to explain this in the reason box?

Thank you!

norabeet
Newly Registered
United States of America

ILR Tier 2 Bank and Utility statements

Post by norabeet » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:00 pm

Hi there,

I have come to the point in the application where I am asked to provide the declaration confirming that the Home Office can complete verification checks.

I am applying as an independent, so do not have any joint accounts. The final document checklist only indicates that I need my most recent payslip and bank statement, it doesn't mention anything about utility bills. Is it right to assume that I only need to send my most recent bank statement?

Additionally, I recently moved house and changed address. The application did ask for my current address and how long I've lived here. Do you think it would be advisable to create a cover letter stating my previous addresses or is this unnecessary? Do I need to supply tenancy agreements of any kind?

Thank you!

srsw

Re: ILR Tier 2 Bank and Utility statements

Post by srsw » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:18 pm

Yes, you only need to include cohabitation proofs, e.g. utility bills, etc if you include your spouse in your application.

If you changed address, did you report that via change of circumstances form?

I don't think you need to include tenancy agreement as it's mainly for cohabitation proof.

As the application ask only about current address I doubt you need to include any cover letter about previous addresses, however, let's see if any other members have anything different to add in this regard.

Yes, most recent payslip and bank statement but they should be dated within 1 calendar month of your application submission date.
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:31 pm

As @srsw already advised:
norabeet wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:00 pm
Hi there,

I have come to the point in the application where I am asked to provide the declaration confirming that the Home Office can complete verification checks.
You will just sign Part 1 of the consent form

I am applying as an independent, so do not have any joint accounts. The final document checklist only indicates that I need my most recent payslip and bank statement, it doesn't mention anything about utility bills. Is it right to assume that I only need to send my most recent bank statement?
Yes

Additionally, I recently moved house and changed address. The application did ask for my current address and how long I've lived here. Do you think it would be advisable to create a cover letter stating my previous addresses or is this unnecessary? Do I need to supply tenancy agreements of any kind?
No

Thank you!

norabeet
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by norabeet » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:42 pm

srsw wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:18 pm
Yes, you only need to include cohabitation proofs, e.g. utility bills, etc if you include your spouse in your application.

If you changed address, did you report that via change of circumstances form?
I have only just moved a couple of weeks ago, so will send that form tomorrow prior to submitting my application. Hopefully, this will suffice. Do you think I should create a cover letter letting them know this form has been submitted?

I don't think you need to include tenancy agreement as it's mainly for cohabitation proof.

As the application ask only about current address I doubt you need to include any cover letter about previous addresses, however, let's see if any other members have anything different to add in this regard.

Yes, most recent payslip and bank statement but they should be dated within 1 calendar month of your application submission date.

srsw

Post by srsw » Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:01 pm

<quote> I have only just moved a couple of weeks ago, so will send that form tomorrow prior to submitting my application. Hopefully, this will suffice. Do you think I should create a cover letter letting them know this form has been submitted? </quote>

No, just submit form and that should suffice.

Your ILR application will have new address so they will only use that for correspondence anyway.
Last edited by srsw on Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

norabeet
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by norabeet » Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:02 pm

Thank you!

norabeet
Newly Registered
United States of America

ILR Tier 2 Absences Query

Post by norabeet » Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:34 pm

Hi there,

I have been living in the UK since 2013 (originally entered on a Tier 4 student visa), but here on my Tier 2 General visa since 2015.

For the IDL application question "when did you first enter the UK" I understand that I reply with the date my Tier 2 General visa commenced in 2015.

Just to clarify, in the following section where I list absences from the UK, is it right to only list absences after I received my Tier 2 General visa, or should these be absences going all the way back to 2013?

Thank you!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: ILR Tier 2 Absences Query

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:50 pm

Absences on Tier 2 G only.

norabeet
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by norabeet » Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:53 pm

Thank you!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:07 pm

Topics merged again!!!

Can you please desist from starting new topics with each question you have on the same application and follow the forum rules please!!!

announcements/multiple-posts-will-be-lo ... t5722.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.