ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form - NEW

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ngoo
Nigeria

Re: Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form - NEW

Post by Ngoo » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:40 pm

LULUBABY wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:13 am
Hi Snooky, please I received an email from Immigration Team 1 – Home Office and Immigration Division, Government Legal Department, asking for a clarification in connection with my JR bundle

When I saw LULUBABY VS SSHD my heart almost evaporated from within me.

Please Snooky, IST, Ngoo... talk to me. I am crying. It’s so hard. I am trying to be brave but can’t anymore.
Hello Lulababy, It’s ok to feel emotional we all do sometimes. If you need to cry please do if it makes you feel better. Be strong you have started the fight, there is no going back till you get to the end of it. You will succeed! Stay blessed.

snooky
United Kingdom

Post by snooky » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:24 am

LULUBABY wrote:
Hi Snooky, please I received an email from Immigration Team 1 – Home Office and Immigration Division, Government Legal Department, asking for a clarification in connection with my JR bundle

Please Snooky, IST, Ngoo... talk to me. I am crying. It’s so hard. I am trying to be brave but can’t anymore.

Hi

Is normal just be brave and go through the mind game. That is UK immigration. Is like a Russian Roulette.

Yes lulubaby vs sshd is normal in law because you have initiated a court procedure and it's in the right sense HO file every documentation as the courts would want.

You did PAP and it has resulted to JR which could go to court unless HO review the case or decides to amicably sort out with you.

Good luck

JB007
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Post by JB007 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:18 pm

lolwe wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:00 pm
There are Zambrano carers who were originally failed asylum seekers. There are parents with leave to remain under Appendix FM who were originally failed asylum seekers.

I'm sure there are but we are talking about the backgound (how the zambrno route started with Ruiz Zambrano) and as the link I gave showed, what you stated is not correct.
lolwe wrote:
It does not matter that he was refused asylum in 2000. Zambrano was given residence in 2009. This court case happened in 2011.
If he had been given residence in 2009, then why do you think this was still in court on 8 March 2011, with Ruiz Zamrano still trying to get residence in Belgium?

Anyway, people can read for themselves how the Zambrano route happened, with the link given earlier-
https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content ... 2009CJ0034

If they don't want to read that, this seems a failry clear roundup of the background in the Ruiz Zambrano court case in March 2011. I'm not sure if this following link is allowed, so mods please delete if not allowed.

The case concerns a Colombian national (Ruiz Zambrano) who had been residing in Belgium without a residence permit following the rejection of his asylum application. He had been working there without authorization for some time. Attempts to validate his residence status were rejected in protracted administrative and judicial proceedings. However, the Belgian authorities did not actively pursue coercive measures to deport the family of the failed asylum seeker. Union citizenship entered the picture when two children were born to the Ruiz Zambrano family during their illegal stay in Belgium. When the parents failed to register the births with the Colombian embassy, the children were granted Belgian nationality under domestic rules, which aim to reduce statelessness. Based on their children’s Union citizenship, the Colombian parents hoped to obtain a right to reside and work within Belgium, to which the Court willingly conceded.
https://blogs.kcl.ac.uk/kslr/?p=642

lolwe
inactive
Zimbabwe

Post by lolwe » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:59 pm

JB007 wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:18 pm
lolwe wrote:
There are Zambrano carers who were originally failed asylum seekers. There are parents with leave to remain under Appendix FM who were originally failed asylum seekers.

I'm sure there are but we are talking about the backgound (how the zambrno route started with Ruiz Zambrano) and as the link I gave showed, what you stated is not correct.
lolwe wrote:
It does not matter that he was refused asylum in 2000. Zambrano was given residence in 2009. This court case happened in 2011.
If he had been given residence in 2009, then why do you think this was still in court on 8 March 2011, with Ruiz Zamrano still trying to get residence in Belgium?

Anyway, people can read for themselves how the Zambrano route happened, with the link given earlier-
https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content ... 2009CJ0034

If they don't want to read that, this seems a failry clear roundup of the background in the Ruiz Zambrano court case in March 2011. I'm not sure if this following link is allowed, so mods please delete if not allowed.

The case concerns a Colombian national (Ruiz Zambrano) who had been residing in Belgium without a residence permit following the rejection of his asylum application. He had been working there without authorization for some time. Attempts to validate his residence status were rejected in protracted administrative and judicial proceedings. However, the Belgian authorities did not actively pursue coercive measures to deport the family of the failed asylum seeker. Union citizenship entered the picture when two children were born to the Ruiz Zambrano family during their illegal stay in Belgium. When the parents failed to register the births with the Colombian embassy, the children were granted Belgian nationality under domestic rules, which aim to reduce statelessness. Based on their children’s Union citizenship, the Colombian parents hoped to obtain a right to reside and work within Belgium, to which the Court willingly conceded.
https://blogs.kcl.ac.uk/kslr/?p=642

NO. You gave a link to the court case. That link summarises what actually happened. Your quotes should be from the court ruling, not from blog posts to ensure accuracy.

Ruiz Zambrano had a "special residence permit". His residence permit was issued AFTER his failed asylum claim.

As stated in my original post, Zambrano had residence. The issue was with the work permit.

In the UK, however, under Appendix FP, if you get leave to remain you also get leave to remain and work.

This is what I wrote:

So, you were refused for settlement under EUSS. The reason? Because you have not applied for leave to remain under Appendix FM. You plan to fight this refusal to court, if necessary. Maybe you read what Judge Neville of the First-tier Tribunal (IAC) at Taylor House ruled said on 30 January 2020:

a person meeting the requirements Regulation 16 of the Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2016 (‘the 2016 Regulations’) has a derivative right of residence notwithstanding that he or she has not yet made an application under the Immigration Rules and pursuant to Article 8 ECHR

Here is a bit of background to put Judge Neville's ruling in to context.

First, a bit about Ruiz Zambrano, Belgium and the European Court

Ruiz Zambrano lived with his family in Belgium. He lost his job because he didn't have a valid work permit. He sued the Employment Office in Belgium and won. He argued that he should not have to get a work permit as his children were born in Belgium and he therefore had a derived residence. Without this right, his family would have to leave Belgium. For him, this right was his last option. It was a right of last resort. The court agreed with him and said all EU member states should recognise this right.

THE UK
Had Ruiz Zambrano lived in the UK, he would have probably applied for a family visa. The visa would have allowed him to live and work in the UK. Everything would have been fine. Unfortunately for the UK, the UK had to apply the Zambrano ruling - even though it possibly was unnecessary. This is why the Home Office is so aggressive towards Zambrano carers. Before Zambrano, the Home Office would control what families would get visas. Now, they had to allow any family with a British child to live and work in the UK. Some of these families needed a bit of economic help, too.

The key point here is that the UK decided (was forced) to establish the Zambrano right to reside around 2014. A right of last resort - the Zambrano right - existed along with a right to remain under the UK law. If the UK did not want to implement the Zambrano right, they should have fought it at court. Anyway, once Zambrano was established in the UK, Zambrano carers were given two choices. They could apply under the UK rules, or exercise their Zambrano right to reside.

January 2017
Moving on to 2017, the Court of Appeal decided to redefine what it meant to be a Zambrano carer. The Court of Appeal said a Zambrano right to reside was a right of last resort. This ruling effectively cancelled the Zambrano right to reside for 99% of Zambrano carers because they could just switch to leave to remain under the Immigration Rules. In my opinion, this ruling was careless and did harm to Zambrano carers.

Moreover, it is wrong for the UK to suddenly change its position on derivative rights. Zambrano was firmly established as an option at that point. People had built their lives around it.

The real damage came from the Home Office. They looked at this ruling and changed their guidance. From 2017, the Home Office has been telling some Zambrano carers (but not all) that they must apply for leave to remain under the Immigration Rules (Appendix FP).

January 2019
Anyway, a greater injustice followed. The Supreme Court then took two years to finally reverse the Court of Appeal's ruling. Moreover, the Supreme Court failed to reject the Court of Appeal's position in clear, unambiguous language. The Supreme Court could have said, "The Zambrano right is NOT a right of last resort in the UK." Instead, they said other things that meant roughly the same thing.

January 2020
It took another year for a First Tier Tribunal judge, Judge Neville, to look at the Supreme Court ruling and understand that the Supreme Court basically said the Zambrano right is not a right of last resort - "A person meeting the requirements Regulation 16 of the Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2016 (‘the 2016 Regulations’) has a derivative right of residence notwithstanding that he or she has not yet made an application under the Immigration Rules and pursuant to Article 8 ECHR." Unfortunately, because the ruling was made in the First Tier Tribunal, the public can not see what the judge wrote.

July 2020
Months later, the Upper Tribunal got involved. Cases at the Upper Tribunal are publicly available. In Mohamed v SSHD, Judge Lever of the First Tier Tribunal ruled against a Zambrano carer, stating the carer should apply under the UK rules as Zambrano was only a right of last resort. Judge Lever only had the Court of Appeal ruling to rely on at the time. Judge Grubb looked at the Supreme Court case and concluded Judge Lever was wrong.

Although the Supreme Court did not specifically refer to the Court of Appeal's comment that a derivative right of residence is a right of last resort which would only apply if a person has no other means to remain lawfully in the UK, I see no basis for such a limitation in principle. The fact that a person may be able to establish an alternative basis for remaining in the UK does not detract from, if it is established, his EU right of residence derived from the effect of his British citizen child being unable to remain in the UK.

So, now you know the story. Hopefully that puts all of the arguments in context.

I will say that if your argument is, "Home Office is wrong because of Judge Neville", you may want to expand your argument a bit.

What is Article 20 TFEU?
Article 20 TFEU prohibits national measures which have the effect of depriving EU citizens of the genuine enjoyment of the substance of the rights conferred by virtue of their status. Second, a refusal to grant a right of residence to a Third Country National TCN can undermine the effectiveness of the Union citizen if there exists a relationship of dependency between the TCN and the Union citizen of such a nature that it would lead to the Union citizen being compelled to leave the territory of the European Union as a whole for an indefinite period of time in order to accompany the third-country national concerned (para. 52).

lolwe
inactive
Zimbabwe

Post by lolwe » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:26 pm

JB007 wrote:

The Zambrano route did start with Ruiz Zambrano. Below is the paragraph I provided earlier to summarise his background. The court ruling shows that each point is indeed correct. You have not identified which point you feel in incorrect.

You could argue that I should have mentioned he was at one point a failed asylum seeker, but that past had nothing to do with his legal claim. The legal claim was about his children.

POINTS that I made in my original posting regarding Zambrano's background:
  • Ruiz Zambrano lived with his family in Belgium.
  • He lost his job because he didn't have a valid work permit.
  • He sued the Employment Office in Belgium and won.
  • He argued that he should not have to get a work permit as his children were born in Belgium and he therefore had a derived residence.
  • Without this right, his family would have to leave Belgium.
  • For him, this right was his last option. It was a right of last resort. The court agreed with him and said all EU member states should recognise this right.

Greatgreat
Scotland

Post by Greatgreat » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:23 am

LULUBABY wrote:

Oh @lulubaby..I just read this and my heart goes out to you. Infact all I want to do is cry.! It's so emotional what they put us through despite the law written in plain English! But the struggle goes on and you must fight till you get what you want and deserve too. Wishing you the very best.
I also received my appeal acknowledgement and this week. Hopefully it will be allocating soon!

shay007
United Kingdom

Post by shay007 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:50 am

Morning everyone,
Is it possible to work with AR acknowledgment letter or does that end with COA? Thanks

Catalley09
Zimbabwe

Post by Catalley09 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:59 pm

Greatgreat wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:23 am
LULUBABY wrote:

Oh @lulubaby..I just read this and my heart goes out to you. Infact all I want to do is cry.! It's so emotional what they put us through despite the law written in plain English! But the struggle goes on and you must fight till you get what you want and deserve too. Wishing you the very best.
I also received my appeal acknowledgement and this week. Hopefully it will be allocating soon!
Received my appeal acknowledgment today and my heart skipped a bit , this waiting is really killing me and also received biometrics letter for Euss re application l did after submitting forms a month ago and also passports minus my expired BRP

Greatgreat
Scotland

Post by Greatgreat » Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:18 am

Catalley09 wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:59 pm
Greatgreat wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:23 am
LULUBABY wrote:

Received my appeal acknowledgment today and my heart skipped a bit , this waiting is really killing me and also received biometrics letter for Euss re application l did after submitting forms a month ago and also passports minus my expired BRP
I know the waiting is killing. I am awaiting my EUSS application too and my leave expires next month. Hopefully all is sorted very soon. Very anxious especially has my employer started to ask me about renewal since last month eventhough my leave expires in December.

JB007
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Post by JB007 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:06 am

lolwe wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:26 pm
JB007 wrote:

The Zambrano route did start with Ruiz Zambrano. Below is the paragraph I provided earlier to summarise his background. The court ruling shows that each point is indeed correct. You have not identified which point you feel in incorrect.

You could argue that I should have mentioned he was at one point a failed asylum seeker, but that past had nothing to do with his legal claim. The legal claim was about his children.

They applied for asylum and Belgium and gave him work rights while his case was looked at.
  • He lost his job because he didnt have a valid work permit.
As a failed asyl'um seeker, he had lost his work permit. He had signed to tell the employer he was allowed to work in Belgium, when he knew he had no right to work and was an illegal.
I can't find anything on that. The court case I linked for 11 March 2011,says he was caught working illegally.
  • He argued that he should not have to get a work permit as his children were born in Belgium and he therefore had a derived residence.
He had two more children while he was illegally in Belgium (2003 and 2005). He didn't register his children as the same nationlality as their parents and claimed they were stateless.
In 2005, Belgium agreed to register those two "stateless" children as Belgum nationals.
  • For him, this right was his last option. It was a right of last resort. The court agreed with him and said all EU member states should recognise this right.
In March 2011, the court said both parents and their first born child, could use those two Belgium national children to stay in Belgium.

JB007
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Post by JB007 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:26 am

JB007 wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:06 am
lolwe wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:26 pm
JB007 wrote:

They applied for asylum and Belgium and gave him work rights while his case was looked at.
As a failed asyl'um seeker, he had lost his work permit. He had signed to tell the employer he was allowed to work in Belgium, when he knew he had no right to work and was an illegal.
I can't find anything on that. The court case I linked for 11 March 2011,says he was caught working illegally.
He had two more children while he was illegally in Belgium (2003 and 2005). He didn't register his children as the same nationlality as their parents and claimed they were stateless.
In 2005, Belgium agreed to register those two "stateless" children as Belgum nationals.
In March 2011, the court said both parents and their first born child, could use those two Belgium national children to stay in Belgium.

As the Zambrano family was being refused welfare benefits from Belgium, the court said that he could have a work permit in Belgium to be able to support his family, which would allow his two Belgium national children to live in Belgium (their EU member state).

Miss-Suz
Member of Standing
Mood:
Cote D-Ivoire

Post by Miss-Suz » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:28 pm

Hi family,
I just received a letter and all my documents back from EUSS. My application has been refused
I am completely lost

lolwe
inactive
Zimbabwe

Post by lolwe » Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:07 pm

JB007 wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:26 am
As the Zambrano family was being refused welfare benefits from Belgium, the court said that he could have a work permit in Belgium to be able to support his family, which would allow his two Belgium national children to live in Belgium (their EU member state).
You are not saying anything new. The whole point of the Zambrano ruling is that Zambrano should be allowed to remain in Belgium and work. That is what a Zambrano residence card gives parents.

I don't understand what you are trying to accomplish on this thread, apart from arguing the obvious.

lolwe
inactive
Zimbabwe

Post by lolwe » Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:10 pm

JB007 wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:06 am

@JB007, Nothing you have written proves anything I said was incorrect. You have added more details that do not change the analysis in any meaningful way.

lolwe
inactive
Zimbabwe

Post by lolwe » Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:16 pm

Miss-Suz wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:28 pm
Hi family,
I just received a letter and all my documents back from EUSS. My application has been refused
I am completely lost
Hi Miss Suz, Have they refused you because you have not applied for leave to remain under Appendix FM?? If so, the refusal is based on the Court of Appeal's ruling that the Zambrano right is a right of last resort, and Zambrano carers should apply for leave to remain under Appendix FM first. The Supreme Court overruled the Court of Appeal. The First Tier Tribunal (Judge Neville) read the Supreme Court decision and said the Zambrano right is not a right of last resort. The Upper Tribunal also ruled in July 2020 that the Supreme Court decision means you are not obliged to apply for leave to remain.I believe the Home Office are going to refuse as many people as possible, and wait to see who challenges the decision in court. The law is on your side.

lolwe
inactive
Zimbabwe

Post by lolwe » Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:18 pm

shay007 wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:50 am
Morning everyone,
Is it possible to work with AR acknowledgment letter or does that end with COA? Thanks
There are two separate questions. One, are you legally allowed to work while your case is pending? Two, will your employer accept the COA? The answer to the first question is yes. The answer to the second question depends on your employer's understanding of immigration law.

Miss-Suz
Member of Standing
Mood:
Cote D-Ivoire

Post by Miss-Suz » Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:40 am

lolwe wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:16 pm
Miss-Suz wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:28 pm
Hi family,
I am completely lost
Hi Miss Suz, Have they refused you because you have not applied for leave to remain under Appendix FM?? If so, the refusal is based on the Court of Appeal's ruling that the Zambrano right is a right of last resort, and Zambrano carers should apply for leave to remain under Appendix FM first. The Supreme Court overruled the Court of Appeal. The First Tier Tribunal (Judge Neville) read the Supreme Court decision and said the Zambrano right is not a right of last resort. The Upper Tribunal also ruled in July 2020 that the Supreme Court decision means you are not obliged to apply for leave to remain.I believe the Home Office are going to refuse as many people as possible, and wait to see who challenges the decision in court. The law is on your side.
Hi Lolwe,
Yes that’s the reason for refusal 😔

Miss-Suz
Member of Standing
Mood:
Cote D-Ivoire

Post by Miss-Suz » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:15 am

Dear....

Thank you for your application under EU Settlement Scheme as a ‘person with a Zambrano right to reside’.

Your application has been carefully considered but from the information and evidence provided or otherwise available you do not meet the requirements of the scheme. I am sorry to inform you that your application has therefore been refused.

The remainder of this letter details the reasons your application has been refused, what you can do next and the help available from us.

In making this decision, we have complied with our duty under section 55 of the Borders, Citizenship and Immigration Act 2009 to have regard to the need to safeguard and promote the welfare of any children who may be affected by the decision, namely (child name) and (child name). This duty cannot on its own satisfy the eligibility requirements of the EU Settlement Scheme for a person with a Zambrano right to reside, but in assessing your application, the children’s best interests have been a primary consideration.

REASONS WHY YOUR APPLICATION HAS BEEN REFUSED

We have considered whether you meet the requirements for settled status (also known as indefinite leave to enter or remain) or pre-settled status (also known as limited leave to enter or remain) under the EU Settlement Scheme.
Unfortunately, based on the information and evidence provided or otherwise available, and for the reasons set out in this letter, you do not meet the requirements.

To qualify under the scheme you need to meet the requirements that are set out in Appendix EU to the Immigration Rules. You can find out more about the requirements here www.gov.uk/settled-status-eu-citizens-f ... ligibility.

You have applied to the EU Settlement Scheme as the primary carer of British citizen in the UK. Your application has been refused because the information available to us does not show that you are a ‘person with a Zambrano to reside’ on this basis.
To qualify for settled or pre-settled status as a person with a Zambrano right to reside, you must have a right to reside in the UK because you meet the relevant requirements in the Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2016 (‘the EEA Regulations’). As you state that you are the primary carer of a British citizen, it is regulation 16(5) that is relevant in your circumstances. However, we are not satisfied that you meet the requirements of regulation 16(5) because:

You can only be considered a ‘person with a Zambrano right to reside’ where (British citizen child name) would be unable to reside in the UK or the European Economic Area (EEA) for an indefinite period.

In order to demonstrate that (child name) would be unable to reside in the UK or EEA if you left the UK for an indefinite period, you must be able to show that you would be required to leave the UK as you have no other means to remain lawfully in the UK as her primary carer.

An EU Settlement Scheme application based on a Zambrano right to reside will be refused where there is a realistic prospect that an application for leave to remain under Appendix FM to the Immigration Rules, or otherwise relying on Article 8 (the right to respect for private and family life) of the European Convention on Human Rights (ECHR), would succeed. This is because if you are able to obtain leave to remain in the UK, which means (child name) will not be compelled to leave the UK or the EEA.

You cannot show that you would be required to leave the UK, and therefore cannot be considered a person with a Zambrano right to reside, if you have never made an application under Appendix FM to the Immigration Rules or an Article 8 ECHR claim where there is a realistic prospect that such an applicant or claim would succeed.

An Appendix FM application, or Article 8 ECHR claim, will be considered to have a realistic prospect of success where the applicant has family life in the UK with a British citizen and there is no apparent reason why such an application or claim would be refused.

Ours records show that you have made an attempt to regularise your status in the U.K. through an application under Appendix FM on 7 May 2019, however, this application was withdrawn before a decision was made to assess your application and your family in the UK has not previously been considered under Article 8 ECHR.

It is currently considered that such an application or claim has a realistic prospect of success in your case because it is accepted, for the purposes of your EU Settlement Scheme application, that you are the primary carer of a British citizen child and because there is no apparent reason why an Appendix FM application or Article 8 ECHR claim would be refused.

Please note that this assessment is without prejudice to the outcome of any future Appendix FM application or Article 8 ECHR claim you may submit which will be determined on the basis of its individual merits.

As you have not had a decision made on an Appendix FM application or an Article 8 ECHR claim in these circumstances you have failed to show that you would be required to leave the UK and or EEA if you left the UK for an indefinite period. Accordingly, your application on the basis of being a ‘person with a Zambrano right to reside’ has been refused.

It is considered that the information available does not show that you meet the eligibility requirements for settled status set out in rule EU11 of Appendix EU to the Immigration Tules or those for pre-settled status which are set out in rule EU14 of that Appendix. Therefore, you have been refused settled status and pre-settled status under rule EU6.

NEXT STEPS
if you have additional information or evidence that shows you meet the requirements, you can make another application to the EU Settlement Scheme at any time online at: https://apply-for-Eu-settled-status.homeoffice.gov.uk.

Etc...

Alternatively, you can apply for an administrative review if you think the decision maker made an error or did not follow the published guidance, or where you have new information or evidence in support of your application.
You have 28 calendar days from the date on which you receive this decision to apply for an administrative review.

Miss-Suz
Member of Standing
Mood:
Cote D-Ivoire

Post by Miss-Suz » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:19 am

I am so devastated that I don’t even know where or how to start 😢😭
Would you guys please help me put words together in my PAP and AR?
@Lolwe, @Snooky

Need you please guys 😞

shay007
United Kingdom

Post by shay007 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:40 am

lolwe wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:18 pm
shay007 wrote:
Morning everyone,
There are two separate questions. One, are you legally allowed to work while your case is pending? Two, will your employer accept the COA? The answer to the first question is yes. The answer to the second question depends on your employer's understanding of immigration law.
Hello,
I was legally allowed to work while my application was pending due to COA. But now that my COA has expired according to them and my application has been refused, my question is when or if I get my administrative review acknowledgment letter can I use that to work? Thanks for your reply

Miss-Suz
Member of Standing
Mood:
Cote D-Ivoire

Post by Miss-Suz » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:42 am

I have been fighting the Home Office since 2016.
I am drained 😔

Here is my story,
I have been granted a 5 years EEA family member residence card in April 2011. In 2016, applied for a permanent residence card which was refused. Appealed to the FTT, while I was waiting for a court judgement, my partner (kids father’s) passed away in October 2017.
Appeal dismissed in April 2018, then appealed to the Upper tribunal dismissed again in November 2018. The judge at the tribunal said I could apply for a derivative residence card because of my British daughter. At that time Derivative right could not lead to a permanent residency so my solicitor advice me to apply under Apendix FM parent route. So I try to save some money for that purpose. I also decided to go solo as the money I spend with the solicitor during this whole procedure was enormous (£6000).
In May 2019 I put in an Appendix FM application with my older son included, paid £4200 for fees.
Then I heard about the EUSS Zambrano, I also decided to apply in June 2019.
Let me tell you that I lost my 7 yrs old job in May 2019 as right of appeal was exhausted. When my employer asked I gave him my Appendix FM application number for him to do an ECS check, the Home Office told him that I don’t I have a right to work.

In March 2020 I was contacted by an Home Office worker asking me to confirm the application I want them to consider. I told them to consider my EUSS ZAMBRANO application. A week later I was refunded the fees (£4200)

Now after 17 months of waiting I am told that I don’t meet the requirements to apply under EUSS ZAMBRANO, just because I did not put in an Article 8 application

Miss-Suz
Member of Standing
Mood:
Cote D-Ivoire

Post by Miss-Suz » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:52 am

Just so you know I applied for DRF1 early this month

Miss-Suz
Member of Standing
Mood:
Cote D-Ivoire

Post by Miss-Suz » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:00 am

Also something I really don’t understand, when they returned my documents, the caseworker included part of my previous appeal bundles back in 2018 which has nothing to do with my current application. He even included correspondence between them (a letter dated September 2019 from another caseworker who was asking question about my EUSS application) I believe cases are going through so many caseworker.
When seing this, I was like what the hell is this? does this caseworker know that he included this?

Or have you experienced this when received your documents back?

lolwe
inactive
Zimbabwe

Post by lolwe » Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:38 pm

shay007 wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:40 am
lolwe wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:18 pm
shay007 wrote:
Morning everyone,
Hello,
I was legally allowed to work while my application was pending due to COA. But now that my COA has expired according to them and my application has been refused, my question is when or if I get my administrative review acknowledgment letter can I use that to work? Thanks for your reply
The fact that you have applied for AR means your immigration case is still pending. While your case is pending, your previous situation still applies. Your previous situation is that you are allowed to work. Therefore, you are still allowed to work.

The real question is whether or not an employer will accept an AR acknowledgment letter as proof of your right to work.

lolwe
inactive
Zimbabwe

Post by lolwe » Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:44 pm

Miss-Suz wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:19 am
I am so devastated that I don’t even know where or how to start 😢😭
Would you guys please help me put words together in my PAP and AR?
@Lolwe, @Snooky

Need you please guys 😞
If you applied for DRF1 last month, and you withdrew your leave to remain application under FM, what is your current immigration status?

PAP is not necessary in your situation. The HO are expecting you to go to court. PAP is generally only useful if they are unaware you are considering legal action. For example, if you have been waiting for more than 6 months for a decision.

Option 1 - AR and appeal against the refusal to the First Tier Tribunal
Option 2 - Appeal to the First Tier Tribunal with no AR

In the past, the First Tier Tribunal would require you to go for AR before going to court. I looked at the online application last week. I didn't see the requirement.

In my opinion, you are unlikely to be successful in an AR. An AR costs 80.

The refusal letter you posted by the Home Office is very well written. The judge has a clear decision to make. Either the Home Office is right and Zambrano is a right of last resort, or they are wrong.

Your court bundle should do two things. One, establish that you are in fact a Zambrano carer. Two, explain that the Home Office is wrong to declare the Zambrano right as a right of last resort. Reference the Supreme Court decision on Patel and Shah v SSHD, Judge Neville's ruling in the FTT and Judge Blum's ruling in the UT. These cases will help you establish that in fact, it is your right to choose.