ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years route ILR question-Do you have any other reasons for wanting to stay in the UK?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: 10 years route ILR question-Do you have any other reasons for wanting to stay in the UK?

Post by ajitu92 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:42 pm

You don't normally need to send them any physical documents. Was this communicated through email? If so, there should be an email address that you need to respond to with the full scans of all the passports.

By the way, what was your date of application?
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

sanaullah710
Pakistan

Re: 10 years route ILR question-Do you have any other reasons for wanting to stay in the UK?

Post by sanaullah710 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:49 pm

Dear ajitu92
Thank you for your reply, they give me two options, one is to send them physically to a certain address and the other is by scanning al the pages. I would prefer to send them physically.
My date of application was 22 August 2020.
regards

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:02 pm

Thank you for letting us know your date of application.

Personally, I think most if not all people have sent scanned copies to the email address provided (and not to mention you will cut out the postal process time which means scanned copies will get to the Home Office faster). I'm not sure whether sending photocopies of full passports will be accepted, so I will let forum members who have more experience in this regard clarify whether that would be okay or you need to send the physical passport(s).
All my posts are my personal opinion based on my reading of the immigration rules and guidance. NOT to be taken as professional/legal advice.

sanaullah710
Pakistan

Post by sanaullah710 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:19 pm

Dear ajitu92
Thank you for your advice. Yes, that wil be great to mention it on the forum. They mentioned to use a one day delivery option for the passports to send physically (though i can send it within 10 working days). For me sending it physically is more convenient, that's why i am doing it.
regards
Sana

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:36 pm

sanaullah710 wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:21 pm
HI
I recieved an email from home office that i only scanned the front(initial pages) pages of my passport and need to send the passports which i had for the last 10 years under 245AA(b). SO it means i have to send the original passports or just photocopies to the mentioned home office address.
regards
Sana
Copy should be okay. No need to send original as it is not required. Given corona situation and delievery, you may be waiting a long wait before your original is returned.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

sanaullah710
Pakistan

Post by sanaullah710 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:55 pm

Dear Cullinan
Thank you for the advice, you mean that i should sent scanned copies (printed scanned copies) of my passports rather than original passport? Also how much time it may take to get my passports back if i send the original passport? 1 month?
regards
Sana

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:00 pm

sanaullah710 wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:55 pm
Dear Cullinan
Thank you for the advice, you mean that i should sent scanned copies (printed scanned copies) of my passports rather than original passport? Also how much time it may take to get my passports back if i send the original passport? 1 month?
regards
Sana
Evidence can be copies or originals. You scan evidence now. Nothing is sent original unless HO specifically asks for the original. Just get a photocopy or print the scanned pages required and send them. I can not comment when your original will be returned and how long it will take but given corona, you may expect delays.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

sanaullah710
Pakistan

Post by sanaullah710 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:07 pm

Thank you Cullinan , that is very helpful

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:23 pm

Scanned copies are usually sent by email to the Case Worker. I hope that's what Home Office have asked you to do
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

sanaullah710
Pakistan

Post by sanaullah710 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:27 pm

Dear poper
Unfortunately thy did not send me any email address, they just sent me the address only to send the hard format of scanes or originals.
regards

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:11 pm

Was it not the case worker who emailed you?
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

sanaullah710
Pakistan

Post by sanaullah710 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:30 pm

I go the email from home.office.atlas@notifications.service.gov.uk with my application number and to send the documents to
Permanent Migration
Department 84
Blue Zone, Level 5
The Capital
Old Hall Street
Liverpool
L3 9PP

sanaullah710
Pakistan

Post by sanaullah710 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:53 pm

Just to add that i recieved an emial from the case worker that he or she forgot to mention an email adress in the email to send the scanned documents ( if i want to send the scanned documents), but i already sent the originals this morning, so it was late for me, just wondering how much time it takes to get the decession after i send the asked documents?
regards

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:55 pm

sanaullah710 wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:53 pm
Just to add that i recieved an emial from the case worker that he or she forgot to mention an email adress in the email to send the scanned documents ( if i want to send the scanned documents), but i already sent the originals this morning, so it was late for me, just wondering how much time it takes to get the decession after i send the asked documents?
regards
Original was not needed as I previously stated but anyways. Send the scanned in the email now and mention that you have sent your original passport by post also so they have a reference to locate that and return soon.

sanaullah710
Pakistan

Post by sanaullah710 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:01 pm

Dear Cullinan
Yes you were right. i did not scann the passports as i thought i am sending the originals anyway but i replied to the email and mentioned i already send the original passport with the reference number of the application.
regards

sanaullah710
Pakistan

Post by sanaullah710 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:12 pm

HI
I sent my Passport to the given address by the CAse worker with the reference number of application written on top of the envelope as well as a paper inside the envelope. Based on Royal mail, the given address recieved the email, i sent an email given by the case worker to know if they got my passports yet or not but no reply , is it common to get no reply from them ? Also how much time it normally takes to decession after i send the required documents which they ask for?
regards

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:30 pm

Patience is the key here. If passport copy was the only enquiry left on your case, you should hear soon. If other enquiries are still pending, there is no definite answer.

Also, receiving the original passport back - patience now.

sanaullah710
Pakistan

Post by sanaullah710 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:34 pm

Thank you Cullinan

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:53 pm

sanaullah710 wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:34 pm
Thank you Cullinan
Is your current visa valid? Keep checking the RTW website in this case. It works for many.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:48 pm

sanaullah710 wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:12 pm
HI
I sent my Passport to the given address by the CAse worker with the reference number of application written on top of the envelope as well as a paper inside the envelope. Based on Royal mail, the given address recieved the email, i sent an email given by the case worker to know if they got my passports yet or not but no reply , is it common to get no reply from them ? Also how much time it normally takes to decession after i send the required documents which they ask for?
regards
It took 4-5days for my friend to receive a decision when they asked for passport

sanaullah710
Pakistan

Post by sanaullah710 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:51 pm

Thank you very much for the informaton dear poper and Cullinan, i will wait, hopefully the decision will come soon.
regards

sanaullah710
Pakistan

Post by sanaullah710 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:06 pm

HI just for information i recieved an email today that they sent back the passports and i will recieve it soon but havent got the decision email yet.
regards

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:13 pm

Thank you for updating all of us! Good to know that the address worked, your documents were received, acknowledged and being returned to you! Your decision should come soon! Good luck!

sanaullah710
Pakistan

Post by sanaullah710 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:15 pm

Thank you very much ajitu92

sanaullah710
Pakistan

Post by sanaullah710 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:57 am

Update- I got the approval email- The timeline is attached. Thank you very much for all those who support me on this website

date application (online/postal) : 22 August 2020 (Online)
Payment Debited : 22 August 2020
IDV App Invitation email received: 6 Sep 2020
Document received by HO/Uploaded through UKCVAS : 8 September 2020 (UKCVAS IDV app)
IDV biometrics submitted: 8 Sep 2020 (IDV only)
Approval/Refusal Received : 02 December 2020 (Approved)
BRP Card Received : waiting

Asked for Passports on 25th of November to be sent to them (Scanned only the first pages of the passports, thats y they were asking for all the pages to be scanned)