ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can you apply for extension early

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pkhsmp

Can you apply for extension early

Post by pkhsmp » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:00 am

HI,
I am on a HSMP visa that expires in March 2009. I will apply for extension under Tier 1. I think that home office guide line is to apply one month before your visa expires. My question is can I apply it in November this year around 4 month before visa expires. Will there be any problem or home office will just process my application late.

Markie

Re: Can you apply for extension early

Post by Markie » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:41 pm

HO is strict on timelines...stick with your 28days before expiry date application. You might be charged a fee but they will eventually disallow your application as being too early.
pkhsmp wrote:HI,
I am on a HSMP visa that expires in March 2009. I will apply for extension under Tier 1. I think that home office guide line is to apply one month before your visa expires. My question is can I apply it in November this year around 4 month before visa expires. Will there be any problem or home office will just process my application late.

rgora
Newly Registered

Post by rgora » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:54 pm

i don't think there is any problem in applying well in advance if you have a valid reason; i'd applied in july when my visa expiry was in dec and my hsmpo was changed to tier1 under old rules and my ppts returned thsi month

MyHSMPApplication

Post by MyHSMPApplication » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:58 pm

RGora is absolutely right. I have faced cases were in applicant's visa was expiring in oct 2008 where as they applied as early as march 2008 and they got the extn successfully.

Kaff
Member of Standing

Post by Kaff » Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:20 pm

And what would be the valid reason?
I am not sure I will stay in this job within next 6 month?
I want to get good mortage deals to purchase home?
I am going for holiday for more than my three months in one year time?

How can you justify why you need an early extension?
Kaff