ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Set (M) Queries.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

immee
Mood:
United Kingdom

Set (M) Queries.

Post by immee » Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:49 pm

Hi All.

Just going to start working on my wife's and child's ILR application and have a few queries, hopefully someone is able to help!

1- My wife was on on tier 1 dependent from August 2012 until 2014, then on Tier 2 Dependent until i received ILR on LR basis in Mid 2015 when she went onto a 5 year partner route and received first FLR(m) approval on 10 Nov 2015, then extension received in August 2018 until Jan 2021... My question is, When is it earliest she can apply for Set (M) ? Am i correct in thinking it would be 30 days before completing her 5 years from 10 Nov 2015 ? So she should be applly for ILR after 10 October 2020 ?

2- Apparently home office has changed a lot on their website. As applications are online now, i can find a link to apply online https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -form-setm , however i am unable to find any link for Set(M) full guidence. In good old days there used to be a full guidence available for each category. Can someone direct me to the correct

3- I have just started researching it but i cannot figure out whether B1 is the minimum requirement for Set(m). Here https://www.gov.uk/english-language/app ... ifications, It kepts on saying that you can use B1 but it doesnt list what other tests you could have (my wife doesnt have a UK based degree, so its got to be one of these tests i guess).

Many thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Set (M) Queries.

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:44 am

Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

prjose
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by prjose » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:29 am

immee wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:49 pm

3- I have just started researching it but i cannot figure out whether B1 is the minimum requirement for Set(m). Here https://www.gov.uk/english-language/app ... ifications, It kepts on saying that you can use B1 but it doesnt list what other tests you could have (my wife doesnt have a UK based degree, so its got to be one of these tests i guess).

Many thanks
Hi, The list of approved English tests are on link

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... uage-tests

Click on section "Approved secure English language tests" , which will show a document with a list. The document link is also shared below

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 5.2020.pdf

All tests on level B1 and higher(B2, C1, C2 etc) can be used but make sure the test is taken from SELT centres, link for booking test provided at end of pdf document from link above.

Please confirm all the details again from experts here (what test to take , test level etc ) as rules keep changing.

Hope this helps.

immee
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by immee » Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:49 pm

Can someone going/has gone through the same application process clarify below question to me please ?

i am fillig in Set (M) application online and have come accross below question...

Did you meet the knowledge of English requirement as part of an indefinite leave application made on or after 28 October 2013?
(Required)
Applicants who applied for, and obtained, settlement on or after the 28th October 2013 using an English language qualification at level B1 or above can use this as evidence of their knowledge of English language. However if this qualification was not used and accepted for their settlement application, it cannot be used for this application.

Yes / No

Is above question right ? i am filling in application for ILR (Set (M) now ? but the question sounds like as if it is for some sort of post settlement application e.g. for british citizenship :roll:

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:51 pm

It is normal. Forms are generic. Answer as asked.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

immee
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by immee » Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:51 pm

Thanks

immee
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by immee » Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:51 pm

Can someone help me answer this question please ?

in 2013, my applicaiton for tier 1 was initially refused however it was later allowed through an appeal. As my wife had applied as a dependent along so her's went through the same process.

So what would be the answer to below question ? Do i simiply select "No" as although the case worker initially refused the application but the FTT allowed the appeal or do i select "Yes" and then provide the relevant details ?

In the past, we have always used "No" as an answer but then provided details on the following box, as it was easier on the paper application however as the online application changes with the answer you select, i just want to make sure i answer this correctly.

For either the UK or any other country, have you ever been:

• Refused a visa
    Refused entry at the border
    Refused permission to stay or remain
    Refused asylum
    Deported
    Removed
    Required to leave
    Excluded or banned from entry

Yes/No

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:03 am

As the decision was overturned in appeal, it was not refused.

usmann
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by usmann » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:10 pm

did you meet english language requirement as part of ilr application before nov 2013 ?
this is a confusing question as i came across aswell in my recent successful ilr application
correct answer is No

immee
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by immee » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:58 pm

• 1. Can someone share their thoughts about answering these questions in settlement applications please ? (FLR(M) 5 year route – now applying through SET (M).
  • a. Do you have any family in your country of birth, nationality or any other country where you have lived for more than 5 years?(Required) List their names, where they live, how you are related to them, and what type of contact you have with them
    I have checked previous FLR(M) applications & we just wrote that “I have a few member of my family in law, my parents and siblings living in Pakistan”.
    However I am thinking of writing the names & details now but how much details is enough whilst there are only 500 characters allowed ? I just speak to them on the phone.
  • b. Do you have any friends in your country of birth, nationality or any other country where you have lived for more than 5 years?(Required) List their names, where they live, how you are related to them, and what type of contact you have with them

I have just a few school friends but a rare contact with them. But I can write this as it is.
  • c. Are you part of any social groups or do you have other cultural ties in your country of birth, nationality or any other country where you have lived for more than 5 years?(Required) This could include social networks or connections to any of these countries. List the social networks or connections, where they are located and your involvement with them

This is where I am struggling as I am not sure what the question refers to ? Apart from my family and a few friends I don’t have any other connections? If I say “Yes” it asks me to provide details and If I say “No” it asks me to Explain why you do not have social networks or connections in these countries
  • The English level test I have passed is Grade 5, GESE, CEFR Level B1.1 from Trinity College London. If I understood correctly this is the minimum required for ILR as a partner of settled person.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:55 pm

immee wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:58 pm
  • 1. Can someone share their thoughts about answering these questions in settlement applications please ? (FLR(M) 5 year route – now applying through SET (M).
  • a. Do you have any family in your country of birth, nationality or any other country where you have lived for more than 5 years?(Required) List their names, where they live, how you are related to them, and what type of contact you have with them
    I have checked previous FLR(M) applications & we just wrote that “I have a few member of my family in law, my parents and siblings living in Pakistan”.
    However I am thinking of writing the names & details now but how much details is enough whilst there are only 500 characters allowed ? I just speak to them on the phone.
  • b. Do you have any friends in your country of birth, nationality or any other country where you have lived for more than 5 years?(Required) List their names, where they live, how you are related to them, and what type of contact you have with them

I have just a few school friends but a rare contact with them. But I can write this as it is.
  • c. Are you part of any social groups or do you have other cultural ties in your country of birth, nationality or any other country where you have lived for more than 5 years?(Required) This could include social networks or connections to any of these countries. List the social networks or connections, where they are located and your involvement with them

This is where I am struggling as I am not sure what the question refers to ? Apart from my family and a few friends I don’t have any other connections? If I say “Yes” it asks me to provide details and If I say “No” it asks me to Explain why you do not have social networks or connections in these countries
  • The English level test I have passed is Grade 5, GESE, CEFR Level B1.1 from Trinity College London. If I understood correctly this is the minimum required for ILR as a partner of settled person.
All above questions are pretty self explanatory which should be precisely & truthfully answered depending on individual circumstances. Regarding English language, your understanding is correct that B1 is required.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

immee
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by immee » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:49 pm

seagul wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:55 pm
immee wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:58 pm

All above questions are pretty self explanatory which should be precisely & truthfully answered depending on individual circumstances. Regarding English language, your understanding is correct that B1 is required.
Thanks Seagul

I think i had that blind moment, and couldn't differentiate the third question from the first two.

immee
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by immee » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:13 am

I have a couple of other questions:
  • 6 letters and/or other documents addressed to you and your partner at the same address to show that you have been living together during the past 2.5 years
    You must provide 6 letters or other documents addressed to you jointly or in both your names.
    If you do not have enough items in your joint names, you may also provide items addressed to each of you individually, if they show the same address for both of you.

So does that mean that we can provide multiple letters from the same source, long as we have 6 of those letters ? e.g. Electricity bill (which is both on my and my wife's name) and we have 6 of these bills in the last 2.5 years ? Or is it that we have to get 6 different sources of letters and then spread them over 2.5 Years.
  • There is a seperate declaration form for spouses (which i have found towards the end of the application form), which i will sign as a sponsor. However whilst I have filled in Child dependents section to include the 2nd child, but i don't see any seperate declartion form from sponsor for the child dependent? I guess that right ? but want to make sure i am not missing out anything ?
  • Our other Children who are British Citizens, do we need to provide any of documentary evidence for those ? I haven't seen any such requirements asking for their details within the Set(M) form, whilst i have checked there was a whole section about it in the FLR(M) form asking details of all childrens (whether or not applying in the current applicatio) ?
Am i ok to just shove copies of British passports & other details in ? - Just in case ? -

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:07 am

immee wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:13 am

• 6 letters and/or other documents addressed to you and your partner at the same address to show that you have been living together during the past 2.5 years
    You must provide 6 letters or other documents addressed to you jointly or in both your names.
    If you do not have enough items in your joint names, you may also provide items addressed to each of you individually, if they show the same address for both of you.

So does that mean that we can provide multiple letters from the same source, long as we have 6 of those letters ? e.g. Electricity bill (which is both on my and my wife's name) and we have 6 of these bills in the last 2.5 years ? Or is it that we have to get 6 different sources of letters and then spread them over 2.5 Years.
  • There is a seperate declaration form for spouses (which i have found towards the end of the application form), which i will sign as a sponsor. However whilst I have filled in Child dependents section to include the 2nd child, but i don't see any seperate declartion form from sponsor for the child dependent? I guess that right ? but want to make sure i am not missing out anything ?
  • Our other Children who are British Citizens, do we need to provide any of documentary evidence for those ? I haven't seen any such requirements asking for their details within the Set(M) form, whilst i have checked there was a whole section about it in the FLR(M) form asking details of all childrens (whether or not applying in the current applicatio) ?
Am i ok to just shove copies of British passports & other details in ? - Just in case ? -

1. These should at least be from 3 sources although can be mildly repeated but should be complemented with various others such as bank statement, nhs letter, council tax etc.

2. Maybe declaration isn't needed for kids.

3. If it hasn't been asked/prompted to then don't attach them.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

immee
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by immee » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:31 pm

seagul wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:07 am
immee wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:13 am

1. These should at least be from 3 sources although can be mildly repeated but should be complemented with various others such as bank statement, nhs letter, council tax etc.

2. Maybe declaration isn't needed for kids.

3. If it hasn't been asked/prompted to then don't attach them.
Thanks Seagul

immee
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by immee » Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:02 pm

Hi All,

Can someone share their thoughts about this question for the "Child Dependent" Section please ?

At the start of the section it reads as all the following questions will be directed towards Child applicant, and then it asks following questions down the line.
  • Confirm who your parents or legal guardians are (Required)
    Parents include biological, adoptive and step-parents. You can select more than one option. If you need to add multiple people not on this list, you will be able to do that later on.
So i select Parents
  • However the following question reads as
    What is your partner's relationship to you?
    (Required)
    Parent , Step-parent , Family member, Legal guardian, Other

I am confused about the second question above ? - The child is single (which i have mentioned) and he is the second applicant added in the dependent child section, so when it says "Your Partner", whose partner is it referring to ?
for now i have seleced "Parent"Is that right ?[/b]

Sorry i dont know how to share screenshots here otherwise i would have done so.

thanks

immee
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by immee » Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:42 pm

Hi guys,

was just wondering if anyone has any thoughts about my last comment ?

@seagul @CULLINAN

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:45 pm

immee wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:42 pm
Hi guys,

@seagul @CULLINAN
When you go to reply, go down and there you will see “attachment.” Take a screen shot and upload here. You must be filling something wrong there.

immee
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by immee » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:25 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:45 pm
immee wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:42 pm
Hi guys,

@seagul @CULLINAN
When you go to reply, go down and there you will see “attachment.” Take a screen shot and upload here. You must be filling something wrong there.
Got it..

Here you go
1.PNG
1.PNG (81.06 KiB) Viewed 1318 times
2.PNG
2.PNG (42.68 KiB) Viewed 1318 times
However in the following line it then asks about adding details about the other parent, so i guess this is incorrectly reading as "Partner" rather then "Parent" ?
3.PNG
3.PNG (11.78 KiB) Viewed 1318 times
Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:28 pm

Why have you selected “someone else” in the second screen shot? Is that causing the problem?

immee
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by immee » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:39 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:28 pm
Why have you selected “someone else” in the second screen shot? Is that causing the problem?
Possibly but its because, one applicant "My wife" is picked up automatically as a legal guardian (she is the main applicant). if you see the guidance text, it says you can add multiple people in it.. so when i tick "Someone else" in addition to the Monther then gives me that "Partner relationship option"

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:41 pm

immee wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:39 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Possibly but its because, one applicant "My wife" is picked up automatically as a legal guardian (she is the main applicant). if you see the guidance text, it says you can add multiple people in it.. so when i tick "Someone else" in addition to the Monther then gives me that "Partner relationship option"
I do not have the sight to the form unless I run a dummy myself and check. But you will have to figure it out with hit and trial. I think you should not tick “someone else” at that stage. The form should let you add the other parent on the later stage anyways. Try unticking “someone else” to proceed and check.

immee
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by immee » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:48 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:41 pm
immee wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:39 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
I do not have the sight to the form unless I run a dummy myself and check. But you will have to figure it out with hit and trial. I think you should not tick “someone else” at that stage. The form should let you add the other parent on the later stage anyways. Try unticking “someone else” and proceed and check.
Interestingly!

I have tried to add a third "Dummy" child data without adding "Someone else Option" and only ticked the main applicant, however the next question i got is same
4.PNG
4.PNG (16.41 KiB) Viewed 1137 times

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:54 pm

I think in this case this might be a glitch. Just select “other” to proceed. I think when you select “other” it will give an option to type. Mention “I do not have a partner.”

immee
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by immee » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:20 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thanks Mate.

I think i have figured it out. It is just an incorrect word "Partner", instead of "Parent", as you can see it is coming under the "parent section" later on when the section is all completed.
I am going to select other and would explain it there.

Appreciate your help! :D
5.PNG
5.PNG (24.8 KiB) Viewed 1133 times