ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Questions regarding changing from Stamp 1G to Stamp 1 (CSEP)..

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jessicaannf
Newly Registered
United States of America

Re: Questions regarding changing from Stamp 1G to Stamp 1 (CSEP)..

Post by jessicaannf » Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:04 pm

Hi there,

I just wanted to chime here based on my experience with this same situation. I had a Stamp 1G but got my general employment permit so needed to apply to switch to a Stamp 1. I sent in the application using the “renewal” option online due to COVID, but selected a Stamp 1. I just got my passport and IRP card back today and they just renewed my Stamp 1G unfortunately, expiring in 2021. I’m not sure what to do so I’m consulting with my company.

So in my experience I wasn’t able to switch stamp types. Please let me know if you experience something different.

lukedriftwood
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by lukedriftwood » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:34 pm

I've successfully changed my stamp 1G from Stamp 1 with a Critical Skills Employment Permit (just the permit, no proof of private insurance needed)

My Stamp 1G expired on 16/11/2020.

I sent in my application via the online system on 01/11/2020 and posted passport/IRP card on 02/11/2020.

Received "application processed" email with passport tracking number on 16/11/2020.

Received passport (with a stamp 1) on 19/11/2020

Received IRP card 26/11/2020.

BUT, the stamp 1 on my passport is only ONE YEAR, but the Critical Skills Employment Permit covers two years!

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:04 pm

That’s correct. You are required to renew it at the end of the first year.