ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student visa

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jjloubser
Newly Registered

Student visa

Post by jjloubser » Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:05 pm

I have a question wrt student visa's & what happens to your dependants

My wife & I are quite young & she has been accpeted to srudy a business degree at the university of Dublin. We have enough funds, english proficiency test etc But what happens to me? Can I accompany her as as a dependant & if so, can I work while I am there? We are from South Africa & therefore non EU members.

iamwhoever

Post by iamwhoever » Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:00 pm

Well, there isn't really anything set in stone about this, but typically, when studying in Ireland, you usually aren't allowed to bring dependents. Of course, like I said before, this isn't set in stone. Your best bet is to email or ring the GNIB and try and get your question answered. However, if you work in a high skill area or wish to study as well, you may have an easier time of coming over on a Green Card or as a student, especially you your wife's course is 3-4 years.

Best of luck.