ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport application - return of supporting documents

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Vilandra
Newly Registered
Poland

Passport application - return of supporting documents

Post by Vilandra » Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:23 pm

Hi there,

I wonder if anyone had experience of their supporting documents being returned late?

My passport application was approved on 16th of November and I received it on 19th but my supporting documents have not been returned at the same time (I know it would have been a separate envelope). I spoke to TNT but they have no records of ever receiving them. I tried passport helpline but they were only able to tell me that as a general rule the documents would have been sent back when the passport was sent out to print. This has clearly not happened as TNT have no consignment number for my supporting documents. They refused to do anything at this point and said I have to wait another week in order to give TNT 2 weeks to deliver the documents (even though they don't have it) so need to wait until next Thursday... I am tempted to drive to Newport and knock on HMPO door at this point :/

I can see on the passport timeline thread that people who have been approved after me received their supporting documents either on the same day or within a day from their passport delivery. I am really worried that they lost my documents, has anyone had experience of their supporting documents being 2 or more weeks late?

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Passport application - return of supporting documents

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:49 pm

Be patient. It will come. It usually comes with Royal Mail 2nd Class.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Vilandra
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by Vilandra » Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:03 pm

It'd better not be, our postman has delivered 3 letters this week so far that weren't for me...

I paid for the secure delivery so it should come with TNT.

I have a history of being rather unlucky and basically if things get lost it is always my stuff.

Has anyone waited 2 weeks or more for return via TNT?

Lopand
Poland

Post by Lopand » Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:22 am

Vilandra wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:03 pm
It'd better not be, our postman has delivered 3 letters this week so far that weren't for me...

I have a history of being rather unlucky and basically if things get lost it is always my stuff.

Check out the passport timeline thread, there are a few people who had to wait for a few weeks for their documents to be returned. Be positive!

You can contact @HM_Passport on Twitter, they might be helpful. Good luck!

Vilandra
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by Vilandra » Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:31 pm

Lopand wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:22 am
Vilandra wrote:

Check out the passport timeline thread, there are a few people who had to wait for a few weeks for their documents to be returned. Be positive!

Thanks Lopand, I tried phone, email and twitter now. I've been told an email has been sent on Monday to the office but I had no contact so far. The twitter team told me they can escalate for me next Monday but that might just mean sending another email. Monday will mark three weeks for me from when the documents would have been normally despatched, HMPO advises on twitter that there are slight delays but as evidenced by the passport timeline thread this does not affect everyone as lots of people are receiving theirs without a delay. Also what's a slight delay? I do not know what else I can do, at this speed it will take 6 months before they admit they lost my documents and then another 6 months to get compensation from them so that I can arrange replacements :/

Lopand
Poland

Post by Lopand » Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:22 pm

Vilandra wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:31 pm
Lopand wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:22 am
Vilandra wrote:

Thanks Lopand, I tried phone, email and twitter now. I've been told an email has been sent on Monday to the office but I had no contact so far. The twitter team told me they can escalate for me next Monday but that might just mean sending another email. Monday will mark three weeks for me from when the documents would have been normally despatched, HMPO advises on twitter that there are slight delays but as evidenced by the passport timeline thread this does not affect everyone as lots of people are receiving theirs without a delay. Also what's a slight delay? I do not know what else I can do, at this speed it will take 6 months before they admit they lost my documents and then another 6 months to get compensation from them so that I can arrange replacements :/
This is definitely infuriating. I would suggest contacting your MP as soon as possible, with all the details and a request to get involved immediately. It is exactly the kind of issues that MPs can weigh pressure on. Don't be afraid to push again and again, this is your most vital documents.

Vilandra
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by Vilandra » Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:45 pm

Thanks Lopand,

It will be my next step, sadly my MP xxxxxxis famously one of the worst when it comes to replying and caring for his constituents problems. I'm still waiting for a reply from him after concerns I raised over a mentally ill person living unsupervised under care in community scheme next to us, going of his meds, pushing me of my motorcycle, causing damage to it and trying to kill my husband (I am not exaggerating - he was strangling him) and that was 3.5 years ago. But it is the next step and hopefully I can escalate further after he ignores me.

I agree these are very precious documents that need to be kept safe and should not be kept by organisations trusted to care for them longer than necessary. I've been told in one of the emails that returning supporting documents is not a priority... Based on what exactly? If I could only have one passport I would not choose the British one at this point.

Frou01
Member of Standing
Mood:
Finland

Post by Frou01 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:27 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:49 pm
Be patient. It will come. It usually comes with Royal Mail 2nd Class.
I think you confuse that with the invitation letter.