ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa clarification

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

maibm
United Kingdom

Spouse visa clarification

Post by maibm » Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:24 am

Dear all,

Trust all is well.

Apologies in advance if I have posted this in the wrong section however I need urgent help.

Me and my wife live in Dubai - I am a British national and she holds a Pakistani passport. We have been here for two years and could be here for another few years. She will shortly be submitting a 5 year visit visa application so we can visit family in the UK for a few weeks.

My question is that if we decide to move back to the UK next year, can she make a spouse visa application from Dubai whilst she holds a visit visa?

Would really appreciate your help and guidance.

Regards.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse visa clarification

Post by seagul » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:33 pm

maibm wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:24 am
Dear all,

Trust all is well.

Apologies in advance if I have posted this in the wrong section however I need urgent help.

Me and my wife live in Dubai - I am a British national and she holds a Pakistani passport. We have been here for two years and could be here for another few years. She will shortly be submitting a 5 year visit visa application so we can visit family in the UK for a few weeks.

My question is that if we decide to move back to the UK next year, can she make a spouse visa application from Dubai whilst she holds a visit visa?

Would really appreciate your help and guidance.

Regards.
Yes she can provided the following criteria can be fulfilled.

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/partner-spouse
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

maibm
United Kingdom

Post by maibm » Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:45 pm

Thanks seagul, appreciate your help.

Another few questions if I may...

1. My wife’s uk spouse visa finished in April 2020. Can we apply for flr given I live and work in Dubai?

2. If she goes to the uk on a visit visa should I decide to transfer back to the uk with my job, can she apply for a spouse visa from within the uk whilst she is there on the visit visa?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:33 pm

maibm wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:45 pm
Thanks seagul, appreciate your help.

Another few questions if I may...

1. My wife’s uk spouse visa finished in April 2020. Can we apply for flr given I live and work in Dubai?

2. If she goes to the uk on a visit visa should I decide to transfer back to the uk with my job, can she apply for a spouse visa from within the uk whilst she is there on the visit visa?
1. If aforetime she were holding the spouse visa which now has been expired then she will have to reapply the same from scratch from back home or the country where she is legally residing I.e Dubai. For this time purpose, unless you have the job offer going to start within 3 months or having the sufficient cash savings, you will have to travel alone to UK and start earning sufficiently before sponsoring her.

2. No she can't switch into spouse visa while on visitor visa.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

maibm
United Kingdom

Post by maibm » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:52 am

Hi seagul,

Thanks so much, extremely useful info.

Apologies for another question but if my wife gets a visitors visa for 2 years and I then get a job within the uk (which meets all the requirements), can she apply for a spouse visa after 1 year from within the uae whilst still holding the visit visa but not actually being in the uk or would she need to cancel the visit visa first?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:54 pm

maibm wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:52 am
Hi seagul,

Thanks so much, extremely useful info.

Apologies for another question but if my wife gets a visitors visa for 2 years and I then get a job within the uk (which meets all the requirements), can she apply for a spouse visa after 1 year from within the uae whilst still holding the visit visa but not actually being in the uk or would she need to cancel the visit visa first?
There is really no rocket science involved rather a simplest procedure need to follow by which once you are capable to meet the requirement as defined in above link then just apply. For this she don't need to cancel her visitor visa even worried about it at all provided applying from outside of UK.