ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Reuse of ILR biometrics for naturalisation?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

VulgarisMagistralis
Newly Registered
Italy

Reuse of ILR biometrics for naturalisation?

Post by VulgarisMagistralis » Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:08 pm

Hi everyone, I already got my citizenship via EEU route and I am waiting for the British passport. Meanwhile, I'm helping my wife with her naturalisation process. She is not EEU citizen and lived here as a family member.

She has a biometric card issued when she applied for the ILR. I've been searching, and read a lot of mentions in this forum about biometric re-use, but there is so much content here, it makes really hard to make much sense of it. From what I could gather, there was an app to match the facial features with previously provided data, but not all routes of naturalisation are using it. Parhaps I'm mistaken.

I wonder if anyone here can just shed some light on this. What happens in a case like hers? Does she have to go through the same process I did and bring all the paperwork to an appointment with UKVCAS? Or perhaps she simply has to upload the stuff into Sopra Steria's website and skip the appointment? Or something else entirely?

Any pointers are appreciated! Thanks!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Reuse of ILR biometrics for naturalisation?

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:17 pm

IDV app is the past. It was withdrawn on 21st Sep except T4 applicants. Your wife will need to book an appointment with UKVCAS to submit biometrics and submit the application.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.