ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help needed for British Naturalization and BC (ILR via Entrepreneur route)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Help needed for British Naturalization and BC (ILR via Entrepreneur route)

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:06 am

Passport(s) covering last 5 years including stamps.
ILR BRP
Life in UK
UK Degree
2 Referees

Nothing else is needed.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Mak9878
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by Mak9878 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:19 am

Hi Cullinan,

Do we need to download and fill Consent form decleration for carrying out checks? To include in the upload?

What I remember during the application filling, that just before payment it gave me tick mark options as consent decleration for carrying out checks.

Plz update asap.

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:02 am

Mak9878 wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:19 am
Hi Cullinan,

Do we need to download and fill Consent form decleration for carrying out checks? To include in the upload?

What I remember during the application filling, that just before payment it gave me tick mark options as consent decleration for carrying out checks.

Plz update asap.

Thanks
There is a declaration tick box at the end of the online application. You only tick that and proceed. Nothing needs to be printed or uploaded.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Mak9878
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by Mak9878 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:31 pm

Thanks Cullinan.

Mak9878
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by Mak9878 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:42 pm

Hi Cullinan,

One important question, I have been inclined to ask that most of natuaralization applications are refused because of NIC contribution or missing NiC payments or you were out of job records. Is it so?

So in my case, during 5 years entrepreneur route, I did not pay salary myself for 1.5 years. So on hmrc personal tax account, i can see that NIC contribution are missing and there is option to pay voluntarily.

Is it really matter?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:48 pm

Not an issue.
The only requirement would be that NI has been paid where it's due, not how much or little you have paid.
Voluntary contributions are just that, voluntary, you are not obliged to pay them.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Mak9878
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by Mak9878 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:50 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:48 pm
Not an issue.
The only requirement would be that NI has been paid where it's due, not how much or little you have paid.
Voluntary contributions are just that, voluntary.
Thanks. I thought i have to pay as well but probably its linked with EEA applicants where they have to prove thier presence in uk.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:04 pm

Correct - EEA citizens use their P60s or similar documents to prove residency - not to prove NI or tax payments.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Mak9878
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by Mak9878 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:05 am

Hi Cullinan,

I think i have done a mistake. I forgot to mention council tax missed payment by my brother (as he forgot to transfer his funds to direct debit account due to office routine). I and my brother share a house and my name is on contract and council tax as well. So council sent few people at door and we were not at home. Later we were sent court letter asking to pay this £106 amount otherwise the court will be summoned. Meanwhile my brother was trying to pay they were not accepting. Then we got court letter to pay or summon court.

So I think, Ho may refuse me under good character which was totally not my fault.

HO called my friend regarding traveling without oyster card fine in 2012. But HO asked him about did u pay court charges. He said yes over the phone and thats why I am not in prison. He got naturalization approved last week.

What do u think in my case.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:20 am

When did this happen? What did you actually receive? Court summons?

You ignored the reminder letters for a LONG time to have received a courts summons.

Non-payment of council tax is a civil issue not a criminal issue unless you do not pay even after the courts summons and then it leads to a liability order and you still do not pay.

I would advise you to get it sorted and pay asap at this stage before it carries on any further.

Mak9878
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by Mak9878 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:55 pm

My application is still in process. Council tax payment was missed my brother in mid of 2013 probably june july ( may be at that time he was on holiday, he forgot to transfer funds to direct debit account for council tax due to some busyness). They sent agency debt collection people at home but we were at work.

And later we received court letter to £106 court fine (£55 each) and asking us to pay full year council tax otherwise court will be summoned. It was probably Magistrate Court.

But we paid everything in same year (2013 october) as per instruction mentioned in letter and was settled out before court was summoned.

As u said, its civil issue and i dont think so any liability order was issued (or may be issued, dont really remember). But everything was paid in same year before deadline by court.

But interesting thing is that HO did not pick this issue in my brother naturalisation application in 2017 and he got approval. And he did not mention this issue in application form as well. At that time he applied naturalistion and passport together in council (paper format).

But my main mistake i belive is that i should have mention this in application form but everything was paid and really was not in my mind.

Was it really matter to mention in form as everything was paid? And it was not a crime.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:06 pm

You will be okay.

Mak9878
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by Mak9878 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:28 pm

Thanks Cullinan.

Lets see what happens

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:34 pm

Mak9878 wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:28 pm
Thanks Cullinan.

Lets see what happens
I think you are using the wrong word as “court fine” here. What you would have got is: a courts summons because you ignored the two reminders council sent you to make full year’s council tax payment. The council then applied for a courts summons against you. It costed them £106 which was then added on top of the full year’s council tax. I think that is what you paid. Had you not paid, the council would have applied for a liability order to start the recovery process. Very rare cases repeat offenders can be jailed also.
Anyways, you do not have a criminal conviction so you are okay.

Mak9878
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by Mak9878 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:56 pm

Thanks Cullinan.

Its like bit relief but I am thinking to send cover letter. In ILR, I did not mention this either.

Is it possible to send over to any address to be safe side?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:28 pm

It is entirely your choice and decision.

NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gov.uk

Permanent Migration
The Capital Building
Old Hall Street
Liverpool
L3 9PP

Mak9878
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by Mak9878 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:07 pm

Thanks Cullinan.

Mak9878
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by Mak9878 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:09 am

Thanks Cullinan.

I spoke to my old friend and he said he got naturalisation approval in June 2020. I asked him generaly did u ever get any summon from magistrate court in previous 10 years from council and tv licence missed payments.

He replied yes 2 times he got court summon for Tv license missed payment in 2015 and 2017 and he paid all charges before hearing deadline. He did not even mentioned in his naturalisation application.

From his point of view, he said that if you paid all charges including court charges before appearing the hearing that means all settled and no conviction is made against your name.

So that was his experience. I hope, Ho goes same as he says.

Is there any website where we can pay to see any conviction against our name?

Mak9878
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by Mak9878 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:46 am

Hi Cullinan,

Any luck with any any website where we can pay fees to check any conviction against our name/record?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:34 am

Mak9878
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by Mak9878 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:12 am

Mak9878
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by Mak9878 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:10 pm

Thanks everyone on this forum including gurus, admin, zimba, marcnath, cullinan, Cr001 and others seniors and juniors.

You guys are wonderful people on earth. May Allah set bless you always. Aameen.

I have got my naturalisation application approved yesterday 07/01/2021 by email in pdf attachment.

Thanks again for your suggestions and explanation at every step of immigration journey.

Could u please guide me on receiving certificate from council during this pandemic situation and booking of physical or virtual ceremony.

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:15 pm