ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa bank statement

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

doughng
Newly Registered
Ghana

Spouse visa application passport soon to expire

Post by doughng » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:53 pm

My spouse should be getting her ILR LR next month (hopefully, as she applied early Sept), and I was thinking to submit my spouse visa application as my current tier 2 dependent visa is expiring in Feb. 2021. My passport also expires in Feb 2021..and due to the lock down, I've not been able to renew it yet. I don't know passport validity requirement to apply for spouse visa. Is it a good idea to apply now? Thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse visa application passport soon to expire

Post by seagul » Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:02 am

doughng wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:53 pm
My spouse should be getting her ILR LR next month (hopefully, as she applied early Sept), and I was thinking to submit my spouse visa application as my current tier 2 dependent visa is expiring in Feb. 2021. My passport also expires in Feb 2021..and due to the lock down, I've not been able to renew it yet. I don't know passport validity requirement to apply for spouse visa. Is it a good idea to apply now? Thanks
Why not renew your passport first while awaiting a bit more to the outcome of set (lr) since you still have few months. Because if you apply now and if set (lr) application would be refused then it would reciprocally prompt refusal of your application too instantly.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

doughng
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by doughng » Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:34 am

Yes, I thought of that and have infact started the process. But my country's embassy in London is super slow with processing passport renewals...something to do with huge backlog as a result of covid-19

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:23 pm

doughng wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:34 am
Yes, I thought of that and have infact started the process. But my country's embassy in London is super slow with processing passport renewals...something to do with huge backlog as a result of covid-19
If the above is the case with your embassy till it finally becomes unavailable to apply, get items of correspondences, forms, receipts of payments etc showing that you have made efforts for the renewal or it is in progress already and submit them with your application, explain in a cover letter. There are reported instances of HO being considerate in matters like yours.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:31 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:23 pm
doughng wrote:
If the above is the case with your embassy till it finally becomes unavailable to apply, get items of correspondences, forms, receipts of payments etc showing that you have made efforts for the renewal or it is in progress already and submit them with your application, explain in a cover letter. There are reported instances of HO being considerate in matters like yours.
doughng wrote:
My passport also expires in Feb 2021..
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:36 pm

seagul wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:31 pm
AmazonianX wrote:
doughng wrote:
If the above is the case with your embassy till it finally becomes unavailable unavoidable to apply, get items of correspondences, forms, receipts of payments etc showing that you have made efforts for the renewal or it is in progress already and submit them with your application, explain in a cover letter. There are reported instances of HO being considerate in matters like yours.
doughng wrote:
Seagul, you may want to write out what you are getting at.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:44 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:36 pm
seagul wrote:
AmazonianX wrote:
doughng wrote:
If the above is the case with your embassy till it finally becomes unavailable unavoidable to apply, get items of correspondences, forms, receipts of payments etc showing that you have made efforts for the renewal or it is in progress already and submit them with your application, explain in a cover letter. There are reported instances of HO being considerate in matters like yours.
doughng wrote:
Op's passport & Visa both are still valid till Feb 2021 and who will definitely have to apply by its expiry. So even in case if op consider to apply not now but later but before its expiry, when even she/he couldn't manage to renew it, but still would hold a valid passport which doesn't require anything else rather just need to be valid on the date of application. But yes for enrolling biometrics that might cause inconvenience and then these above mentioned evidences might work.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:59 pm

seagul wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:44 pm
AmazonianX wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:36 pm
seagul wrote:
AmazonianX wrote:

doughng wrote:
Op's passport & Visa both are still valid till Feb 2021 and who will definitely have to apply by its expiry. So even in case if op consider to apply not now but later but before its expiry, when even she/he couldn't manage to renew it, but still would hold a valid passport which doesn't require anything else rather just need to be valid on the date of application. But yes for enrolling biometrics that might cause inconvenience and then these above mentioned evidences might work.
Yes 👍 to your above and devil in the details as per worst case scenario for application.

doughng
Newly Registered
Ghana

Spouse visa bank statement

Post by doughng » Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:02 am

I'm currently on tier 2 dependent visa and hope to switch to spouse visa in a couple of months when my wife gets ILR through long residence. Concerning the financial requirement for spouse visa, can I use my bank statement instead of my wife's? The bank is in my home country though
And also, is this category of spouse visa the FLM (M) ?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse visa bank statement

Post by seagul » Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:29 am

doughng wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:02 am
Concerning the financial requirement for spouse visa, can I use my bank statement instead of my wife's? The bank is in my home country though
Yes but for cash savings only otherwise those UK bank statements would inevitably be needed in which the wages is credited.
doughng wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:02 am
And also, is this category of spouse visa the FLM (M) ?
Yes

doughng
Newly Registered
Ghana

Re: Spouse visa bank statement

Post by doughng » Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:20 am

Thank you!